Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,930 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • Cougar

just to satisfy you here’s the original article I read it on. From the BBC

He’s talking about DMR (dry mixed recycling) and the difficulty in sorting it out again. If like most domestic recycling it’s already separated by the consumer then it’s a moot point.

Cougar

People who start threads that keep me up when I should be in bed.

To be fair, I started it 21 hours ago. With all due respect, I’m not accepting being held accountable for your sleep patterns almost a full day later.

mattyfez

Buying a brand new phone and having multiple software updates. I’m on about fifteen in the past 24hrs.

Is your ‘brand new phone’ technically new but a 5 yo model that’s been sat in the corner of a warehouse for the last 5 years? 🙂

martinhutch

Adults saying “Hospickle”. Have ooh godda poorwy tum tum? Do ooh wanna bwokeded noseywose?

I think someone needs to go on a nice, relaxing holibobs.

Ambrose

@mattyfez- 2019 release, so yup, probz true 🙁

But surely it can just update to the most recent/ current software in one hit?

dyna-ti

People who sign each of their posts with their username, like we cant see the friggin thing at the top.

theotherjonv

He’s talking about DMR (dry mixed recycling) and the difficulty in sorting it out again. If like most domestic recycling it’s already separated by the consumer then it’s a moot point.

Mine’s not, we have a single large wheelie bin for plastics, glass, tins and cans and paper all going into it. How many bins do you have to split to?

Waderider
    Free Member

Humanity.

mattyfez

But surely it can just update to the most recent/ current software in one hit?

Technically possible but can be problematic. Microsoft do cumulative windows updates sometimes, for example, so it just ‘boshes’ it all at once.

Not so common with mobile phones.

Rich_s

The “need” to fill every. single. cupboard to its maximum capacity. Everytime. Stuff on top of stuff, so accessing anything becomes a jenga challenge. And reloading the cupboard like a game of bucking bronco.

Cougar

Mine’s not, we have a single large wheelie bin for plastics, glass, tins and cans and paper all going into it.

Yeah, that’s DMR.

I split out glass, plastic and paper. Glass I take manually to the tip recycling centre because the kerbside collection can’t cope.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

I knew someone who’s other half would open the front door during a thunderstorm to let the lightning out if it came down the chimney….

And we were amazed at the Brexit vote.

5lab

Hazard lights on when parked inconsiderately. But as a driver you only see the right hand light (left being obscured by another car or similar), so slow down to let them out. Rrrr

timba
    Free Member

Supermarkets:
    People who stop in the supermarket aisle and put their trolley next to them, at an angle, so that others can’t get past. Also stopping for a social chat across the same aisle

Worse than “Tescos” is “Markses”

Ignoring the shopping list and buying more milk than we need so that you can’t fit everything in the fridge. Then complain about the size of the fridge
    See also buying salad items that aren’t on the shopping list because we already have them

onehundredthidiot

My 48yo sister calling my mum “mummy” then slouching all over the sofa like a soporific teenager while my parents entertain her spoilt brat and walk her untrained vizsla.

MoreCashThanDash

The “need” to fill every. single. cupboard to its maximum capacity. Everytime. Stuff on top of stuff, so accessing anything becomes a jenga challenge. And reloading the cupboard like a game of bucking bronco.

Oh dear God, this. New kitchen last October, you wouldn’t know it if you opened a cupboard or a drawer. All my fault for having three water bottles for cycling, apparently.

blokeuptheroad

Oh yes!  Especially the cupboard which has jam jars stacked on top of condiment jars and sauce bottles of every description jammed into every available space, most of which are never used but apparently can’t be thrown out.  Guaranteed just opening it to retrieve the brown sauce will result in a ten year old jar of organic artisan marmalade braining me or smashing spectacularly on the counter top or floor!

An inability to avoid populating every flat surface in the house with ‘stuff’.  Plant pots, picture frames, chintzy bits of tat, ornaments, whatever!  I am very definitely a minimalist at heart and my OH is the polar opposite. I conceded on this point early in our relationship and mostly I have learned to be zen about it, but every now and then I lose it when merely walking past a bookcase results in things falling over.

thebees
    Free Member

Digital devices taking an age to start up. Our “smart” TV is still considering what to show on the guide minutes after I’ve turned it on. Why ???
    Surely everything should be instantaneous ? It’s not like it’s a #@@&#ing steam engine waiting to come up to temperature.
    Can’t believe the boffins haven’t sorted this out yet. ****s.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hazard lights on when parked inconsiderately. But as a driver you only see the right hand light (left being obscured by another car or similar), so slow down to let them out. Rrrr

Except when I have to park inconsiderately because some other inconsiderate Nob has parked on the dropped kerb & I need to transfer a wheelchair with a person in it onto a council minibus.I

People who sign each of their posts with their username, like we cant see the friggin thing at the top.

& this ^^

Essel.

kelron
    Free Member

They have, it’s just that “starts quickly” hasn’t been deemed a feature that sells TVs, and they can tell people to leave it on standby instead.

Bunnyhop

People who don’t wash their hands ‘properly’ before cooking or handling food (especially when doing this for others).
    People who don’t wash their hands ‘properly’ after a trip to the loo. It’s not hard to do.

Yes I know we all have to build up immunity, but some of us haven’t got much and getting a simple cold or tummy upset for some is just an inconvenience for others its a good few weeks feeling really unwell, being off work and impacting their lives.

nickc

More generally.

We seem to have created a working environment where increasingly there are greater and greater pressures to comply with seemingly more an more intricate and demanding set of legislations that have a disproportional punishment for failure attached to them, while our leadership (both actual political and figurative societal) seem to behave in a way that means they increasingly don’t suffer anything like the proportional punishment for their increasingly erratic behaviour . – cf Putin, Trump, Johnson, and more broadly Grenfell etc etc

Cougar

The “need” to fill every. single. cupboard to its maximum capacity. Everytime.

This was another of The Boy’s habits. He’d do a monthly shop every two days, then go to McDonald’s.

Our “smart” TV is still considering what to show on the guide minutes after I’ve turned it on. Why ???

This annoys me because in the days of ‘standby’ rather than ‘off’ there’s no reason for it. The Xbox nails this, it will (as a configurable option) do its updates silently when in standby so that you’re good to go straight away when you switch it back on.

mjsmke

People doing baby talk to anything/anyone. Just talk properly. I remember adults talking to me like that when i was very young and it use to make me angry. Just talk properly and lead by example.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have thought for some time that lights should flash in a different pattern when in ‘hazard’ mode (ie, ON – ON – OFF – ON – ON – OFF rather than ON – OFF – ON – OFF). Surely it wouldn’t be hard to do.

dc1988

People moving pens, I leave pens in certain places so when I need a pen, I know where it is. Except I go to write something and the pen has moved! Usually the pen has been moved to where there was already another pen, so now I have two pens where I don’t currently need one and none where I do.

jon1973
    Free Member

Last journalists adding the word -gate to any type of scandal.

Watergate was just a building so it doesn’t make any sense anyway.

MoreCashThanDash

We seem to have created a working environment where increasingly there are greater and greater pressures to comply with seemingly more an more intricate and demanding set of legislations that have a disproportional punishment for failure attached to them

As a civil servant, this is crippling delivery of public services. The climate of fear around loss of experienced staff, ever more complicated legislation overlaid with the result of legal challenges.

Don’t get me started on what would happen if we brought alcohol to a work meeting, let alone during a lockdown

blokeuptheroad

On pens. A different problem from people moving them. People placing them carefully back in the draw or pot where they live. Empty. Devoid of every last drop of ink. WTF? To lie there undiscovered until you need to write down something urgent and it’s the only writing implement in a 500 yard radius!

See also people who put dead matches back in the match box.

And people who only partially remove the inner film on a butter/spread tub. Instead of ripping it off and relying on the proper lid thoughtfully provided by the manufacturer for that very purpose. Only to have said film flop greasily into the remnants of spread until empty.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Last journalists adding the word -gate to any type of scandal.
    Watergate was just a building so it doesn’t make any sense anyway.

I like it. A simple way of denoting a scandal. Also brings back memories as I took the lead member of the break in team for a curry.
    I MAY have mentioned that before.

nickc

As a civil servant, this is crippling delivery of public services

i manage a GP practice, the same is happening here as well

hot_fiat

Playmobile stuff: THIS IS NOT LEGO!

donald
    Free Member

People placing them carefully back in the draw or pot where they live

Drawer for FFS! AAARGH.

And breath.

blokeuptheroad

Breathe! FFS! Be careful in that glass house mate 😄

I think it’s already been mentioned on here, but people who feel the need to correct your spelling/grammar even though they understood perfectly well what you meant.

johndoh
    Free Member

^^ LOLs ^^

donald
    Free Member

hah

ads678

Playmobile stuff: THIS IS NOT LEGO!

The way Americans pronounce Lego. Leygo’s! Aargh!!!!

johndoh
    Free Member

The way Americans pronounce Lego. Leygo’s! Aargh!!!!

The way American’s pronounce…

Aluminium

onewheelgood

A lot of the stuff that’s been posted on this thread is genuinely very wrong, and any annoyance is justified rather than disproportionate. But the American ‘Legos’ thing really winds me up, and it really shouldn’t – why should I care? So it definitely qualifies for the thread as requested by the OP.

hot_fiat

“Legos” see also “Math”

just *%^& off!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,930 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.