Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,916 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • el_boufador

Putting glass bottles & jars, or cardboard, ready to be recycled directly Infront of the back door, which opens inwards.

You have to open the back door to take the recycling out.
    But you can’t because someone put all glass bottles and cardboard Infront of it.

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhh.

WHY???

There is a perfectly good alternative place on the worktop adjacent to the back door which doesn’t either block the back door or risk getting the bottles all accidentally kicked over.

Or even better, take the bloody recycling out for once.

Does my head in.

I never say anything, obviously.

Cougar

A combination of that ^^ and

Leaving recycling on the work surface not in the bin below it.

Stacking shit up on top of the bin. Not only is it, y’know, not in the bin, but it’s now preventing other things from going in the bin without requiring extra work.

On the worktop above would be preferable, at least then I can still get to the actual bin. Also, it wouldn’t all skitter down the back if I don’t notice before pressing the pedal.

Cougar

Also also,

Non-food waste in food receptacles. The innocuous version of this is chocolate wrappers tossed back in the box. But this is where the rot sets in.

Banana skins in cereal bowls. Used tissues in soup bowls. Chocolate bar wrappers in ice-cream bowls. How exactly do you think this is going to pan out other than some ****er else having to fish around in what’s left of your food in order to retrieve it? How hard is it to leave things adjacent rather than actively creating grim work?

seadog101

Quite a few mentions of the stuff that winds me up…
    Mostly when people ‘Crack on and let’s get it done’ not taking the time or energy to think a few steps ahead and work out that what they have done is create a mountain of unnecessary bullshizz and bother for someone else to be shouldered with later on who will clearly be thinking ‘well, this wasn’t thought through was it’ and said thinker of that thought has to do inordinate amounts of work to put it right or totally undo the previous cracking on effort and then fix up ho× the job should have been done in the first place… arrrrtgh!

kayak23

Avacados.

Rock hard, rock hard, rock hard, rock hard, rock hard, rock hard, rock hard, rock hard, perfect for approximately 3 minutes, rotten, rotten, rotten
    Aggghhh! Missed it again!

Dicks 😡

TheFlyingOx

People who use WhatsApp to send only voice messages and then get pissed off at me when I refuse to listen to/answer them.

pisco

When people write “draw” instead of “drawer”

sargey

People who put mugs on the worktop directly above the dishwasher even though the door is open and the machine is empty.

Kramer
    Free Member

“Pet parents”. Aaaaaargh.

Cougar

“Pet parents”. Aaaaaargh.

See also, “forever home” and “rainbow bridge.”

I love animals, we have three cats. But I’m keeping them till they’re dead.

Also, stop putting them in pyjamas you ****ing maniac. Facebook photo, “Fluffy doesn’t like his new hat,” well, that’s because he’s a dog. Get with the programme or have babies.

Kramer
    Free Member

@Cougar I don’t know what “rainbow bridge” is, and I don’t think I want to.

Wasn’t it an entry in Rogers Profanisaurus about a sex act?

martinhutch

I think it’s something to do with MarioCart.

Cougar

🤣

It’s a common term in various animal groups, “Buttons crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday.” And in all seriousness I sympathise 100%, my heart breaks when someone loses a pet. I still weep over the loss of my old girl from 20 years ago. But for ****’s sake, are you 12? Use grown-up words.

Cougar

I think it’s something to do with MarioCart.

Mario Kart.

martinhutch

Soz. It’s been ages since I played with my Wee.

Cougar

I’m sorry it’s so small.

Kramer
    Free Member

“Buttons crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday.”

Bleurgh.

The tweeness that people mistake for profundity these days.

Cougar

Oh, I have a new one.

Holding a phone next to your ear. Well done, that’s how phones have worked since Al Bell’s days.

Holding a phone in front of your face, sure, video calls are a thing these days.

Holding a phone horizontally flat in front of your mouth. What the actual **** is that all about? Are you waiting for Scotty to beam you up? Is this some sort of fashion statement like John Woo having actors hold guns sideways? You look like a pillock.

DrJ

People who attach ‘No Parking’ signs to the boundary wall in front of their property.

Or people who put No Parking signs ACROSS from their property, to compensate for their defective steering skills in driving from their driveway out into the street.

However, I am reluctant to be too dogmatic about things like this following an incident when I ignored someone’s cones and parked in the street, but found a note on my windscreen explaining that the householder had a disabled son and had to carry him from the car to the house. The next day she came out to meet me and apologised for leaving the note. I felt about one inch tall, so nowadays I just drive on by in such situations.

DrJ

Holding a phone horizontally flat in front of your mouth.

This is normal for contestants on The Apprentice. Which I guess is sort of what you were saying.

johndoh
    Free Member

Parents that allow their kids to sit watching screens whilst eating in public. I get doubly-cross when they allow multiple kids to watch screens all with the volume turned up.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Drivers who don’t seem to realise they would have better control of their car if they put the douche flute down. I’ve just watched a woman struggle to park a Toyota iQ whilst gripping her vape like her life depended on it. Idiot.

alanw2007

In terms of sheer eye-bulging, fist-shaking fury vs actual harm done:

In the intro to her hit song “Bubbly”, Colby Callait makes the request “Will you count me in?”, but does not wait for anyone to count her in; rather launches straight into the song immediately with nary a pause for a “1, 2” never mind a “1, 2, 3, 4”.

Annoys me every time I hear it.

sirromj

Holding a phone horizontally flat in front of your mouth. What the actual **** is that all about?

So you can still have a conversation without the government/CIA/lizard overlords seeing your face or microwaving your brain. Obviously.

Rich_s

I don’t know what “rainbow bridge” is, and I don’t think I want to.

Wasn’t it an entry in Rogers Profanisaurus about a sex act?

Sadly not, I just looked it up. Perhaps Crossing the Rainbow Bridge is the act of going from one side of the rainbow (the pink) all the way to the other side (the brown) and the bridge in question is the biffin bridge (aka the notcher)?

God I’m bored. 😁

Cougar

Gotta say, that puts a whole new perspective on someone’s dead gerbil.

Cougar

biffin bridge (aka

aka the chinrest.

theotherjonv

aka the notcher

LOL.

The tint (or taint) depending on your accent.

reluctantjumper

People who go to the local beach (it’s more rocks hence why popular with me and my RC crawler mates) for an evening, have a firepit (nothing wrong with that), carry their rubbish out in bags (excellent behaviour) but then leave the bags on the side of the road where they had their car parked! To make it even worse the local recycling depot is 100m away and you have to drive past it to go home, it even has bins outside for you to use outside of opening hours, but no. Leaving it in the way of everyone is much better than using the bins or taking it home.

Holding a phone horizontally flat in front of your mouth. What the actual **** is that all about? Are you waiting for Scotty to beam you up? Is this some sort of fashion statement like John Woo having actors hold guns sideways? You look like a pillock.

They’ve grown up watching shows like the Kardashians where they do it so the camera can hear the conversation on loudspeaker. Amazingly Orange County Choppers was the first TV show to use the technique! What’s even more amazing though is having to explain to my 10 year old nephew that it’s not the correct technique for using a phone, especially when he’s talking to a friend in the middle of a supermarket and especially when it’s about their discovery of wet dreams!

Cougar

Drivers who don’t seem to realise they would have better control of their car if they put the douche flute down.

I’ve never quite understood smoking in enclosed spaces generally. You see plumes of smoke coming out of a Tesla or something and I wonder who on earth spends £45k on a motor and then thinks “you know, it’s just not yellow and sticky enough in here.”

mattyfez

People who drive onto roundabouts, literally, without looking right, at all.

I can generally judge them by thier speed on approach, and clock that they are playing with thier info-tainment center trying to find a song they like, but it happens a lot more frequently than I remember. Maybe that’s just become normalised behaviour for many, so maybe i’m the one who shouldn’t get wound up about it.

See also people who can’t drive progressivley and observe the road ahead, braking late for junctions and acellerating hard out of them.

Fully automated vehicles can’t come fast enough, if you ask me.

stingmered

biffin bridge

aka the ‘butfer’ as in ‘butfer that you’d be in the  sh1t’

(I got myself in the profanisaurus with that one.)

roger_mellie

Wasn’t it an entry in Rogers Profanisaurus

You rang?

roger_mellie

Anyway, people parking on grass verges when there’s a perfectly acceptable bit of road adjacent.

Edit: I mean wholly on the verge, not just 2 wheels up.

Losing my favourite racing spoon. Pure rager.

mattyfez

Losing my favourite racing spoon. Pure rager.

Probably one of the best saddles ever made in terms of VFM, my condolences for your loss.

RIP

It’s ony about £25 for a new one though…

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Madison-Flux-Classic-Standard-Saddle_248557.htm

Cougar

People who drive onto roundabouts, literally, without looking right, at all.

I can generally judge them by thier speed on approach, and clock that they are playing with thier info-tainment center trying to find a song they like, but it happens a lot more frequently than I remember.

Years ago I used to commute to Warrington (Appleton Thorn Trading Estate, detail fans). One time I was going round the roundabout (J20, Lymm turnoff from the M6) and a lorry was approaching from the opposite direction. I wasn’t taking prisoners because I was late for work, we looked each other right in the eyes and I processed “it’s OK, he’s seen me.”

What I didn’t process was “… but he doesn’t give a **** because Truck.” He pulled right on out in front of me at pace and the skid marks I left on the road as I stood the car on its nose was probably the shorter of the two.

Cougar

Hah.

spannermonkey Full Member

People who hold their mobile phone out in front of them on speaker when on a phone call. Has no one ever shown you how to use it ‘properly’?? <sigh>

Doubly piss boiling if done in close proximity to others i.e. in supermarket/pub/restaurant grrrrrrr!

Posted 1 year ago

I’m reading back through this thread. Maybe 30% of posts I have to check “did I write that?”

Cougar

I don’t know if this is disproportionate or not but,

Stationary motorcyclists who can’t keep their right wrist still. RM RMRM RMMMMM RM RM RMRMMRM RMMMM RMMMMM RM RM RRRRR RM for ****’s sake, what are you doing? It’s not going to stall, you’re not going anywhere, you might as well set fire to five pound notes.

Doubly crossmaking when it’s 3am and it sounds like they have a straight-through exhaust.

mattyfez

I don’t know if this is disproportionate or not but,

Stationary motorcyclists who can’t keep their right wrist still. RM RMRM RMMMMM RM RM RMRMMRM RMMMM RMMMMM RM RM RRRRR RM

I’m not a motorcyclist, but some of my best friends are… were…

I’m joking… People with decent motorbikes don’t do that, they don’t need to. It’s usualy antisocial crack dealing scroats on 50’s or 125 mopeds that probably don’t even have a provisional licence.

You’ll never see them riding a honda 750, because they are usualy dead or in jail before they can afford one.

It’s a bit like revving the engine on your mums 1.2 vauxhall nova at the traffic lights, you’re not going to impress anyone, your just making a noise and wasting petrol.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,916 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.