Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 513 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • theotherjonv

Ebay sellers asking for a five star review for putting something in the post.

Add to this, review sites (Trustpilot of the marketplace sites, I’m equal opps) that pester you for a review of something the day after you received it.

eg: – some grass seed. I haven’t had chance to sow it yet, let alone for it to grow. Do I review it for it’s nice package and seedy look, and then go back in later when it turns out it’s all non-viable and all I’ve now got is a muddy pigeon buffet?

hooli

Ebay sellers asking for a five star review for putting something in the post.

You say that but based on recent experiences, some people find it really hard to do just that. I have paid for a few things recently with a quoted delivery time of a few days. A week later I send a message asking if there is a tracking number as I haven’t had it yet. The reply is along the lines of oh yes, its still in my car to drop off, I’ve been really busy…

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Automated “Happy birthday” emails. What’s that about? It’s automated! So its not somebody wishing you happy birthday! It’s completely nothing! You might as well receive “Happy Wednesday” emails for all it means. Ooh! Thank you so much automated programme for triggering a pice of code that sends me an email with some meaningless words in it! It’s made my damn day! (It’s not my birthday btw)

duncancallum

Work.

kayak23

Runners with long pony tails that swoosh about from side to side as they run.
    Niche, but there you go… 😂

tjagain

Dimwits effing up the operation of breakfast in hotels. Ffs stop dithering and get out of my way

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Partner insisting that the correct vacuum tool for vacuuming the floor of the entire house is the upholstery tool (approx 10x3cm) and then leaving this attached to the hoover hose and hiding the actual floor tool under some random piece of furniture or in a random cupboard which takes me ages to find when I try and vacuum so I may as well do the vacuuming with the upholstery tool.

Sends my blood pressure through the roof multiple times a week.

reeksy

My goodness, how often do you Hoover? 🫣

wwpaddler
    Free Member

At least every other day and often every day – we have a golden retriever!!

tomd

Add to this, review sites (Trustpilot of the marketplace sites, I’m equal opps) that pester you for a review of something the day after you received it.

Amen to this. Was looking at tents the other day and the reviews were mostly 5* “looks amazing haven’t had the chance to use it yet bought for next summer but looks ideal”

Or scewfix where folk review paint they haven’t used yet.

sirromj
    Free Member

eg: – some grass seed. I haven’t had chance to sow it yet, let alone for it to grow. Do I review it for it’s nice package and seedy look, and then go back in later when it turns out it’s all non-viable and all I’ve now got is a muddy pigeon buffet?

I do hope you used that for a review 😀

K

Runners with long pony tails that swoosh about from side to side as they run.

That’s probably the best thing about running 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

That reminds me. Use of the word ‘folk’. That makes me disproportionately cross.

mattsccm
    Free Member

*Virtually every thread in the chat forum of STW.
    *My inability to remember if I have already posted something in this thread.
    *So….people who use “for free”.
    It bloody well is “free” as in “free of charge” or “for nothing”

kayak23

Flies that just constantly buzz around you while you’re just trying to relax.
    Get a life you fly dicks! 😡

Scapegoat

People who hover round the milk and sugar table at conferences/meetings/church, either putting it in in the wrong order, or crossing back in front of you just when you thought it was safe to remove your teabag with the wooden lollipop thingumajig, and now you have to juggle the teabag while they turn round and start chatting, still blocking all access to the milk and the teabag bin. **** off out of my way for ****’s sake!

verses

Breadcrumbs in the marge.

It annoys me to the extent that I now have a separate tub of marge just for me to use, but my wife keeps using that tub too and leaving crumbs in it. I’m going to have to buy a secret fridge and keep a 3rd tub in there…

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Get a life you fly dicks!

this made me laugh quite a lot 😀

Am I the only person who gets pleasure from spraying them with a squirt of fly killer and hearing them do that spinny round and round buzzing on their backs? I know it’s wrong, but they’re only fly dicks.

VanHalen

empty jars/containers that once contained useful stuff like mustard or soy sauce etc put back in the cupboard so it looks like we still have some but actually we dont. Just put it in the sodding recycling! or even by the sink – then i can order more rather than me going to get some and finding its empty.. grrr.. and you can bet your arse that the lids wont be on properly either… just to wind me up more

Scapegoat

Breadcrumbs in the marge.

See also flakes of tuna in the mayonnaise

IdleJon

See also flakes of tuna in the mayonnaise

I couldn’t live in your household if that’s how degraded your co-habitants have become. Animals!

northernmatt

and you can bet your arse that the lids wont be on properly either

This really grips my shit/grinds my gears/makes me ever so annoyed. It all stems back many years to when we had just got a new bottle of very thick balsamic vinegar, the missus opened it and popped it back in the cupboard with the lid half on. I went to pick it out the next day and just grabbed the lid which resulted in balsamic vinegar and shards of glass all over the floor/cupboards/my feet.

She’s never going to be able to forget that, I won’t let her.

kayak23

very thick balsamic vinegar, the missus opened it and popped it back in the cupboard with the lid half on. I went to pick it out the next day and just grabbed the lid

Yup, except with marmite in my case… 😡

Cougar

empty jars/containers that once contained useful stuff like mustard or soy sauce etc put back in the cupboard so it looks like we still have some but actually we dont.

Do you live here and I just haven’t noticed? My partner will say “we need bleach,” I’ll go “WTF, there’s like four bottles in the cupboard!” And there is, three of which contain homeopathic amounts of bleach. See also, fruity shampoo and anything else I’m not the primary consumer of.

Take bottle, empty bottle, throw away bottle, get new bottle, how is this a difficult bloody concept? I emptied like half the bathroom last week and got shouted at for throwing things down the stairs.

I used to get this at work too. I’d buy, say, a tub of butter and everyone else would just help themselves, presumably thinking “it’s only a bit of butter.” Which is fine until I get two rounds of toast out of a full pack before it’s been emptied, and then the empty carton is stuffed back in the fridge so I don’t know that it needs replacing. (So then faced with dry toast I steal someone else’s and the circle of life continues.)

Cougar

Was looking at tents the other day and the reviews were mostly 5* “looks amazing haven’t had the chance to use it yet bought for next summer but looks ideal”

Conversely, 1* reviews from morons. I was looking at a canvas print the other day, the first 1* review was because it didn’t come supplied with a picture hook.

Nick

Catching your clothing on your handlebar as you walk past your bike

jonnyrobertson

The use of the phrase “Over and out” in tv/film. See also that extra gear in car chases.

This next one is incredibly petty and for that I apologise and also am more than happy to be corrected because it niggles me something rotten.
    Litter bins. Not the bins themselves, they’re great but the word “litter” on them. If you put it in a bin it’s not litter. If you intend on putting your rubbish in a bin then it’s not litter. OK, if I pick something up from the floor that’s been discarded then yeah, that’s litter, that can go in. Anything else is rubbish/refuse, surely?

On train announcements where they say “we are now arriving into….” This just grates with me. “We are now arriving at” or “We are now approaching” (as the automated announcements have it) just sound better. I’m not enough of a grammar nazi (honest) to know whether this is correct or not but it just sounds off.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Analogue bike”

Having to log into the forum to see latest posts.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

On train announcements where they say “we are now arriving into….”

Yeah.

funkmasterp

Flies that just constantly buzz around you while you’re just trying to relax.
    Get a life you fly dicks!

Oh god I hate them with a passion. The worst is at night time when one of the bastards flies in to your face. Then buzzes about like a ****, then comes back and hovers around your face. The rage just builds when you turn the light on and can’t see the little flying dickhead.

jonnyrobertson

This tree

And the fact I can’t get this ruddy photo rotated.

grahamt1980

As the Steve Wright thread has been closed.
    Steve Wright makes me insanely angry

twotonpredator

Hollibobs
    Hump day
    5 more sleeps to Christmas etc etc

Cougar

As the Steve Wright thread has been closed.
    Steve Wright makes me insanely angry

One of the two has.

Good news everyone

kayak23

This tree

And the fact I can’t get this ruddy photo rotated.

HTH

Cougar

🤣🤣

That’s made my day, that has.

funkmasterp

Fixed it for ya!

How can anyone get mad with a tree?

singletrackmind

Brilliant
    Just got asked outside for a fight witha psychopath who was having conveyor rage due to separation anxiety from his 2 ltr bottle of squash. However, posting photos on here of a tree, with a beautiful sky made me lol
    So all is good in the world.

thelawman
    Free Member

How can anyone get mad with a tree?

I assume its the silly little stalk of extra tree poking out of the top of the actual tree, like a bit of skinny broccoli. So that’s a fair shout in view of the thread title.
    To those messing about with the photo… 🤣

cb200
    Free Member

You know squeezy condiment bottles which are obviously meant to sit on their big flat lid with the label’s writing the correct way up? People placing them lid side up with the writing upside down. Thanks fool, now the ketchup is in the opposite place that it should be.

They should make the top of these bottles round.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 513 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.