Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Stuff in your home that just appears…
  • the-muffin-man

Whilst making the sarnies this morning I looked at the jar of utensils on the kitchen top and wondered where the 8 wooden spoons we have have come from!

I’ve never bought any and I can’t ever recall the wife saying ‘we really need some more wooden spoons’ – they just seem to breed!

weeksy

This month it has been a GSXR-750 K7, AGV Gp-tech helmet, Alpinestars jacket…. dunno where they came from… one day they were not there… next thing you know… they were

mangoridebike

It is possible that there is a wormhole between my kitchen and yours, we had loads of wooden spoons and now just have one.

In the interest of balance and maintenance of the laws of physics, have you been continually losing jars of ground cinammon? As we have about 4.

MrOvershoot

Teaspoons & pens?

I’m starting to think there might be a link to the fact I can never find any at work though??

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Shoes. Many pairs of shoes. It’s like being married to Imelda bleeding Marcos, I tell thee.

petrieboy

Does anyone really know the origin of their towels? I’m pretty sure I’ve never bought one.

binners

Cleaning products. Where do they appear from? Must be the Kim and Aggie fairies

Tracey

Must be a Barnsley thing as you can never have enough shoes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

USB memory sticks. Thaaaarsaaands of ’em!
    From a spell in the bike/outdoor/ski industry – Beanies (mostly unworn!), t-shirts (Some worn, some as bike rags), merino socks (Working my way through them) and base layers (all in use occasionally). All numbering in the tens to thirties numbers.

rattie79
    Free Member

Flies, I swat them and more appear and what is that smell?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

The sock fairy sometimes visits, in fact all my items of clothing just appear like magic, good fortune really because i never go shopping.
    Perhaps thats why i always look so stylish.

hot_fiat

Shoes and baby/toddler clothes.

david47
    Free Member

Spoons, you’ve got it lucky… Over the last couple of years a Dining table, a sofa, and a couple of beds…

footflaps

Shoes, dead mice, dead birds, dead rabbits, live mice, live birds….

david47
    Free Member

Oh, and of course cushions… 4 people and yet 4,327 cushions have appeared… Or at least it seems like it!

razorrazoo

Stickers, stuck everywhere. Even go out wearing them unintentionally. Mysteriously never happened before having children.

And cushions, new ones just appear from some sort of soft furnishings vortex, never had any issue with this before meeting my wife.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tracey – if you look out of your window now, you’ll see me shaking my fist. I’m sure Mrs Mitch has shares in Fly London and Irregular Choice.

willard

Plug-in air fresheners. It seems like every time I blink another one appears, spewing its vile, flowery scent into the air. Christ knows what the dogs think of the smell, certainly I’d almost prefer the smell of wet dog to some of the ones that my wife chooses…

Things that go missing is another matter. ALL THE BLOODY TIME!!! I put something down in a known place so that I can take it to work or out or something, I turn around and IT’S GONE!! “Tidied” is the excuse I get. I wouldn’t really mind if there was a consistent place where the tidied stuff goes, but there isn’t!

LoCo
    Free Member

Suspension forks and electrical devices the last month, I know nothing, nothing at all about these

racefaceec90

This month it has been a GSXR-750 K7, AGV Gp-tech helmet, Alpinestars jacket

8)

am not jealous of you at all.no siree not me.

funnilly enough i seem to suddenly have a 1tb toshiba hdd magically attached itself to my laptop 😆

tomhoward

Teaspoons & pens?

I’m on to you. Stealing all my pens and teaspoons…..

almightydutch
    Free Member

AS Jacket Weeksy??

I had you down as a power ranger rather than middle of the road, must be an age thing 😉

Stuff that appears in my house:

Food, clean clothes (and rags), tea, more tea…I have a vague recollection as to where it originates but for me they just appear.

My garage seems to get the better deal as it acquires tools and bottles of ‘stuff’ at an alarming rate

northernmatt

Nappy bags. About 3 days ago we had one pack of nappy bags, we one have about 7 from varying brands. I think they’re breeding.

+1 for the stickers everywhere as well.

1981miked
    Free Member

Candles.. Bloody candles!
    Cushions
    Tea bags
    Crisps (which I never get to eat)
    Bags of vegetables (that just get thrown out when they go off)
    Clothes (never mine, I wear the same 4 or 5 items.. No time to look in drawers for inspiration)
    Tea spoons
    Small slightly deformed toy furry animals… Because nobody else will buy them apparently, she take pity and brings them home!
    Tupper ware boxes

Things that go missing..

My socks
    My spare change
    My sweets
    My hoodies
    Wife’s glasses
    I pad (I get the blame then find it under her side of the bed.. My fault though)
    Tea spoons
    My beer..

Ahh being married is bliss..

bruneep

Flashy, I’ll take a few USB pens off you if you want to part with a few pay cash or donation to charity of your choice?

Kids are forever misplacing theirs for school work. 🙄

Ta

B

LenHankie

Small bits of coloured plastic.
    Marbles.
    Children’s drawings.
    Crumbs.

I reckon it definitely has something to do with those two smaller people who also appeared a few years ago.

seosamh77
    Free Member

beer and wine, I share a flat and never buy any, but there’s always a never ending supply! 😀

higthepig
    Free Member

Fluff, dust and dog hair (looked for something interesting but failed to find it).

boxfish
    Free Member

Lego figures. And Moshi Monsters.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Washing up.

garage-dweller

Children’s toys
    Bike bits (I think some kind of pixie puts them in my work bag where I fail to adequately conceal them and they then appear on the hall floor)
    Letters full of marketing bs

choppersquad
    Free Member

Vases and cushions.
    Why do flowers need to be put in twenty different sizes and shapes of vases?
    Why not just buy a big one that they’ll all fit in?

grtdkad

New XTR hub just appeared in my house this week. Sshhh!

CountZero

Lots of fluff and dust bunnies. Haven’t the foggiest notion where they come from…

Sandwich

Flashy, I’ll take a few USB pens off you if you want to part with a few pay cash or donation to charity of your choice?

Careful, he’ll wean you onto the hard stuff (Post-It notes and Biros). USB sticks are just the start.

footflaps

I came down this morning and found cat vomit had appeared in four different rooms!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Empty wine bottles. I make a point of only buying full ones, too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy, one day I was happily riding my bikes and windsurfing, sailing all over the place then WHAM!! This female thing appeared and started cleaning and throwing my old clothes out and filling the cupboards with Green Tea and what not.
    It hasn’t gone away yet despite my best efforts 😆

Any tips?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Stuff in your home that just appears…’ is closed to new replies.