Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • studland bay….
  • infidel
    Free Member

we're off to studland bay in Dorset end of next week for a holiday – I don't know the area that well; would I be better taking mountain or road bike? Anyone know the area?

Ta,
    Mark

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Loads of mtb'ing. I'd take that.

rOcKeTdOg

I rode past it this morning, all rides end with a cream tea/cake you know, there's a purbeck ride on the "rides" section of this site you can download

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks!!

Conespanner

The quiet road and undurlations make it good road bike riding as well. But the off road descent to old harry in a sunny clear down is hard to beat anywhere

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Nudist beach innit?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, 's a noody beach. Oh, and before you fill your mind with images of lithe young things frolicking naked on the bay, it's never going to be like that.

Nainosliw
    Free Member

I was more worried about potentially alarming boll*ck/saddle interface incidents for the OP

genghispod
    Free Member

Nice weather/school holidays = too much traffic for the road bike to work well. I'd suggest the mountainbike, there's plenty of riding in the purbecks.

mmb
    Free Member

traffic issues have already started down here so bring your mtb, i'll be riding sometime at the weekend can show you some local trails usually start rides at around 8.30 – 9am tho, e-mail in profile.

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks again. I suppose I could use a mankini…

mmb – will drop you an email.

Ta all,

Mark

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Good area, was there last week (stayed at Burnbake campsite, which will by now be overrun with kids on school hols, etc).
    Only thing is that it's very sandy round there, so if you'll be out a lot consider taking chain cleaning stuff before you grind your drivetrain down.

allthepies
    Free Member

The brewery/pub nearby is good 🙂

Freester

Pasty stop at the bakery in Corfe is well recommended for MTB or road ride!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘studland bay….’ is closed to new replies.