Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Studio Ghibli is coming to Netflix
  • somafunk

21 Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix in February including my fav film ever – Spirited Away, Yay!…….something to look forward to.

Studio Ghibli coming to Netflix

hatter

That’s family film night sorted for a while then, watched Totaro with my 2 recently and they loved it.

mtbfix

Agreed. Another opportunity to try to engage my kids with them.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Great, I feel a day off for movies soon

David Lynch arrived today, this is a good day for film, hopefully the rest of his films will be next

akira

Good timing as youngest loves Totoro and Ponyo currently. Plus there’s quite a few I haven’t seen for a while.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

👍

AlexSimon

Damn – that’s my Blu-ray collection plummeting in value 🙂
    Great that they get a wider audience though – I’m always surprised how few people have seen them

northernmatt

Excited! I’ve been putting off buying the blu-rays for months and now I can save myself a few quid, or I can just spend it on the Star Wars box set when that appears.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I My two lads loved Spirited Away, Totoro and Kiki. And Princess Mononoke was ace. Come to think of it, I don’t think we’ve seen a bad one.

faerie
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks for the heads up 😀 When my kids were little we made a Snowtoro and one of them dressed as No Face for Halloween, not one of our neighbours had heard of them, which is such a shame as they’re such a refreshing alternative to the American studios. I love how they present themes such as identity and having a male lone parent that doesn’t comically mess up and need a gf to tidy up after him
    Film4 often show them, but I don’t think it’s on demand

rogermoore

Brill! Thanks for sharing.
    RM.

Klunk
    Free Member

the better news is there’s a new ghibli film due for release this year, first in 6 years

kelvin

Really Klunk?!?!

jamj1974

Some brilliant films…  Porto Rosso is probably my favourite but Grave of the Fireflies…  It just gets me every time..

Klunk
    Free Member

How Do you Live was supposed to be released this year but production have been slow (3 years behind!)

CountZero

Come to think of it, I don’t think we’ve seen a bad one.

They’ve never done a bad film, but, for the love of all that’s holy, don’t let them watch ‘Grave Of The Fireflies’.
    I’ve never watched it, and I don’t want to, the subject is just too upsetting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_of_the_Fireflies
    Totoro is possibly my favourite, but I love Kiki and Porko Rosso, then there’s Howl’s Moving Castle, Castle Cagliostro, Spirited Away…
    I have a little Totoro sitting on top of my telly, it’s his expression of stunned surprise that always makes me smile. I keep meaning to get a couple of Susuwatari -soot sprites – to go with him.

kelvin

It’s as depressing as you imagine. But so moving.

mortong

Good news indeed! I’m so glad Netflix are upping their game with the new Disney+ streaming service on the UK horizon.

SaxonRider

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is, alongside My Neighbour Totoro, not only superb; they have, together, been instrumental in raising my kids!

Kahurangi

Thanks, I just decided that now is the time to introduce the 3yo to Totoro 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

grauniad rates ghibli

think spirited away should be no 1 btw

cheers_drive

I lent all my Ghibli DVDs to someone and can’t remember who which is annoying as my daughter is now 4 so old enough for most of them.
    Like The Road, Grave of the Firefly is relentlessly bleak, but something you should watch, once.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Studio Ghibli is coming to Netflix’ is closed to new replies.