Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • struggling to seat a tyre.
  • ton

bontrager xr 2 tyre on my wheel. got it on the rim ok, but when pumped up it wont seat properly.
    using a tube.

help

joebristol

Sorry – are you just trying to use it with tubes, or are you trying to get it seated using a tube to get the tyre in shape, then un-seat one side and remove the tube and go back up tubeless?

tomd
    Free Member

Sounds like a tough combo. Have you had a go at lubing the bead (ooh err etc) with tyre lube or soapy water?

I used to have to do that for some of my tyres. Blow up to 40-50psi and get a satisfying “clunk”, or a big bang.

carlos
    Free Member

Defo a little soapy water on the side wall/bead area and inflate to 45psi. It’ll sort itself out, or usually does when using this method and tubless

simondbarnes

Bit of soapy water around the bead / sidewall, add more pressure

mattyfez

As above, inflate to max pressure and it’ll pop in, you can help it along by bouncing the wheel or riding over a curb or something.
    Then deflate to preferred pressure.

bigyan
    Free Member

Lube the tyre sidewall and rim to help it slide out, partially inflate to check no part of the bead is too high, then inflate to the max tyre/rim pressure (whatever is lower).

Park PTS-1 can be useful for some stubborn tyres.

ton

pop. sorted. cheers

frogstomp

Park PTS-1 can be useful for some stubborn tyres.

Or let a bit of air out, stand the wheel up vertically with the unseated part at the bottom, put pressure on the side of the tyre with your foot and rock the wheel away from you. Usually does the job..

scuttler

The one upside with messing about with tyres is ‘the pop’. Bloody love it me. Nearly as satisfying (and generally a lot easier) as getting a baby to burp after a feed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘struggling to seat a tyre.’ is closed to new replies.