Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Structure Cycleworks SCW1
  • chiefgrooveguru

It might look weird as hell at best but it appears that this little company has managed to make the best mountain bike fork ever:

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-six-months-on-structures-wild-looking-cycleworks-scw-1.html

“Pros

+ The linkage fork is phenomenal
    + Very efficient climber
    + Did I mention the incredible fork?
    + Very fast and impressively calm, despite the static geo”

I would like to try one!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I actually rather like the look of it though I’ve no idea why as it’s certainly not pretty. If they could ditch [shrink] the nose link would be good. But yeah good review all things considered.

frogstomp

The look is a bit marmite, but good to see people pushing the envelope in terms of tech.

Maybe they should go all in and combine it with a Naild R3ACT (Marin / Polygon) suspension system rear end.

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

Wonder what one of these would ride like with Millyard Oleo Strut Shocks both ends…

On Test – Nitro Shox: First ride on the prototype shock

honourablegeorge

The nose link is the only thing connecting bars to steering, so they have to have it. I dunno about shrinking it, it’s barely there as it is.

The idea of a bike getting longer, slacker and more stable as it compresses has to be a good one.

b33k34

I would like to try one!

and you’ll be welcome to – I’ll be running a UK demo fleet later this year.

The idea of a bike getting longer, slacker and more stable as it compresses has to be a good one.

It works really well. Brake on something steep – say before a switchback – and the front end holds up noticeably and the HA stays consistent setting you up much better for the corner.

As you drop into a berm and the front and rear compress together it gets more stable rather than twitchier. You get the benefits of a super slack bike when you need it but on a bike that’s much more lively on rolling trails and when climbing.

Simon (previously simons_nicolai-uk in this parish).

chakaping
    Free Member

I read the PB review with interest, it was clear they’d put a lot of effort into the write-up and given the bike a fair crack of the whip. Levy’s a good writer actually and his assessment of the bike’s limitations seemed very astute.

One of the comments jumped out at me though, suggesting a high pivot idler suspension set-up for the rear (combined with the longer rear centre and bigger wheels Levy wanted).

ta11pau1

There are other ways to make a front end without a traditional telescopic fork, motorbikes have been doing it for years:

hey could get rid of the ‘fork’ legs and make the front end basically another swingarm, pivoting from towards the bottoms of the frame, and then a linkage for the the steering on a hub centric system.

chiefgrooveguru

The eccentric pivot to adjust the fork’s anti-dive gave me an idea: I wonder if that’s possible with the main pivot on rear suspension to adjust anti-squat?

“and you’ll be welcome to – I’ll be running a UK demo fleet later this year.”

Cool! I wonder if a 150mm or slightly shorter travel 29er could happen next? I can’t imagine the investment it’s taken to get to this point though, very impressive work, I hope they sell as well as they should!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I read the pinkbike review earlier and was fully expecting it to be absolutely mauled and was pleasantly surprised when they said how good it was. Nice to see someone doing something different (even if it literally isn’t nice to see!).

Stevet1
    Free Member

I’m wondering how well that front end would work with a hardtail rear, could be great as hardtails obviously suffer from head angle changes much more than full sus.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Structure Cycleworks SCW1’ is closed to new replies.