struck down with swine flu

Home Forum Bike Forum struck down with swine flu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • struck down with swine flu
  • i was given a another week off and i have only just finished my tammilu

i have been on my bike did feel week but also enjoyed it just being out the house!

TBH take the time off and get you self sorted

aw

Who gave the extra week?

I had no advice and learnt via internet not to go to my GP for fear of infecting everyone else. Therefore I just sat out the worst of the symptoms.

my gp

because im in the army and i was struck down whilst on leave i had to get a sick note from my gp cost me £15. he advised me to take 2 weeks off to get my sorted and to get rid of it fully!! last thing you boss will want is you going back in and infecting the rest of his man power

aw

mmmm… I may think I went back too quick and now I will have to tough it out or embarrassingly go sick again!

id call your boss and have a chat " i feel fine, i still have a cough though do you want me back in?"

i think he will respect that. i would

aw

I have already been in yesterday and he saw me then so to turn around and say 'well actually I was unfit for work and I am not coming back in' would be difficult.

aw

I have been off the bike for a whole 5 days due to suspected swine flu (nausea, headaches, high temperature, cough, sore throat) and was off work mnday to Thursday with it. Barely over it (still had the cough) and cycled my commute to work (5 miles there 10 back – uphill).

People at work critical of me coming in on the Friday with still the cough. They said I could have infected them! The ride I enjoyed but had difficulty with the cough bringing up flem regularly and fairly weak.

Still got the cough now and was wondering should I leave it longer or just ride through the tail end of it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘struck down with swine flu’ is closed to new replies.