• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Stripped lever adjustment screw on formula rx brakes
  • kombusto085
    Free Member

Hi all, im very new to these forums. I bought these brakes a month back for 30$ in my country which was a fair price, they dont look too great because the paint is chipped on places but they work great. After a bit i discovered that the rear reach adjustment bolt was broken and i had to take it to a mechanic to fix it, i payed him 15$ to fix it (which is a lot) and he sent me home, when i got home i found that it was too far out, but i decided not to adjust the bolt because when i tryed there was a lot of resistance, well yesterday i got fed up and i turned it and it moved a bit (albeit with a good amount of resistance) and then it got to a point where it got really tight but i didnt think i was pushing it much, well lo and behold the screw stripped and now im contemplating what to do, looking at online prices the reach adjustment bolts cost as much as what i payed for the brakes and frankly im not looking to pay that much, id rather buy a new lever. If any of you have the lever only or know where to buy the bolt please tell me, also im very interested in any techniques on getting the stuck bolt out as its veeeeery tight even with wd 40 sprayed on it

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Stripped lever adjustment screw on formula rx brakes’ is closed to new replies.