Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Strike hard. Strike fast. No mercy!
  • AlexSimon

Ralph Macchio is back! Cobra Kai!

This will be amazing

(it wont really)

jimjam
    Free Member

Urgh.

sbob
    Free Member

It’s got car crash written all over it.

When do tickets go on sale?! 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Is that the original cast?!?! Looks like a punch up in Slough over who’s been finishing the office milk and not replacing it lol

Wookster

Looks great!! 😂😂😂

jimjam
    Free Member

Oh god. Wikipedia says they it’s a ten part “dramedy” to air on Youtube. Dramedy is a new one on me but the writing and directing crew seems to suggest this is true. I guess everything in the 80s was wacky and hilarious and we remember it fondly for how bad and laughable it all was.

simondbarnes

It’ll be ace. Can’t wait 🙂

km79
    Free Member

Anybody checked this out yet?

Watched the first two episodes so far and I have to say it’s not that bad!

km79
    Free Member

Episode one here

km79
    Free Member

Episode two here

maccruiskeen

Not the Arthur Scargill biopic I was expecting

bodgy
    Free Member

Cobra Kai is a martial arts standing joke.

(Unless of course you totally adore spikey 80’s hair and fingerless leather gloves.)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Enjoyed episodes 1 & 2 but not enough to splash £1.89 each on the other 8.

km79
    Free Member

Ended up binge watching all 10 episodes. I thought it was very well done, really enjoyed it and glad to see there is going to be a season 2.

senorj

Does he still have the really cool car ?

May have to watch later…

jimjam
    Free Member

I watched the first two episodes with very low expectations and I have to say it lived up (or down) to them. For some reason it felt extremely cheap, the premise feels very hokey, it appears to be telegraphing a “twist”, the humour feels forced and it looks to be descending into a lot of teen angst drama. On the plus side Johnny / William Zabka does a decent job with what he’s given as does Ralph Maccio, though he seems to have lost his New Jersey accent.

Without expending too much mental energy I’m sure there are much more interesting directions they could have taken this. Incidentally if anyone wants to experience some retro martial arts goodness staring none other than Johnny/William Zabka, Martin Kove aka John Kreese and Bolo Yeung (from Enter the Dragon and BloodSport) check out Shootfighter: Fight to the Death. It’s very violent but has some extremely hammy old school martial arts action. It’s also hilarious because Bolo clearly has zero english, and rather than dub him, his entire performance is conducted in grunts and nods iirc. The whole film is on youtube.

prawny

I watched the first one, it was a bit cheap feeling but the idea is good. I’d watch the rest, but I’m not paying for it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Working are way through them now. There’s some fantastic nostalgia pieces of you’re a fan of the original.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

The viewer deserves no mercy…. Yes sensai!!!

nickjb
    Free Member

Just watched the first 2. Thught it was ok. Watchable and entertaining.

AlexSimon

Just finished watching this. For a guilty pleasure, it was about as good as they could have made it imo!

It was strange putting on an episode of The Deuce after it only to see Ralph Macchio playing a cop! (He’d been it it before but I hadn’t recognised him until watching Cobra Kai)

zilog6128

Seen the first 2 episodes so far. Admittedly I really love the 80s, but I thought it was very funny & really well done.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Strike hard. Strike fast. No mercy!’ is closed to new replies.