Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stretching cycling shoes
  • lunge

Bought a new pair of road shoes, last years Spec S-works and they are lovely bar a little pressure on the outside of my right foot. So, has anyone successfully stretched a small, specific area of a shoe? It’s either that is cut a hole in them I fear and that’s a step to far I think.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

No…. got a set of Pearl Izumi X-Projects, nice shoes that I got at a good price but do give me numb toes towards the end of a 20/30 mile ride, had them a couple of years now and not stretched, even tried using shoe stretchers and manipulating them with a screwdriver handle. They will do until they have worn out…. then a set of Bont methinks.

fossy

They are synthetic, so its unlikely to ‘stretch’ like leather does.

theotherjonv

leather would stretch on their own, or speed it up by soaking them and wearing them wet.

Synthetic – maybe take a heat gun to the area and see if they can be stretched when hot? I mean, not melting hot, obviously, but that’s how they make mould to fit skiboot inners and running insoles, etc.

lunge

First attempt, hear drier with my put in the shoes, lots of flexing of feet followed by hairdryer without foot in shoe and a rounded end to push out the affected area. no idea if it’s worked yet, will ride in them tomorrow and see but I think the area looks a little different…maybe…

qwerty
    Free Member

In this heat wave, why not soak them in a bucket of water for an hour & then go out for a ride until they dry?

njee20
    Free Member

Because they’re synthetic and that does sod all.

FWIW my S-Works shoes were a bit tight on my toe when I first put them on, and now 4 years later they’re still exactly the same…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stretching cycling shoes’ is closed to new replies.