Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Stretch jeans
  • jimmy

The “Crap Clothes sizing” thread made me think about recent jeans purchases. The first was from Howies – a pair of slim fit, stretch jeans. I’ve never fitted into slim fit jeans – lets put it down to “cyclists butt and legs”. But these new stretch jeans are truly a revelation – feel a bit like jeggings but I finally don’t have to wear “dad jeans” to pour my butt in.

I was going to buy a second pair but they seem to be unavailable so I used a Next voucher on a pair of theirs – at a quarter of the price of Howies, they’re similarly revelationary (its a word, get over it). I can bend over, squat down, bike, climb anything in JEANS. Changed my life, it has.

ton

I use the stretch water resistant ones from M&S.
    ace on the bike for commuting. £29

allthegear
    Free Member

Just ordered another pair of “Jessville” skinny jeans from Dainese as they seem to be the only ones that truly fit me…

Pricey, though. https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/219143

Rachel

Rubber_Buccaneer

Jeggings?

Cougar

Congratulations, you’re “on trend.”

I bought some jeans at the weekend and had a bit of a shock. The shops are awash with skinny / stretch / ultra skinny / “paint-on” jeans, all of which look ridiculous on me. Straight cut jeans that aren’t either pre-shagged or made of denim that feels like PVC are non-existent. Ended up paying twice what I’d planned to in the Levi’s shop.

allthegear
    Free Member

No – “on trend” is moving away from skinny jeans. It’s just that the shops are getting rid of them all…

munrobiker
    Free Member

Levis 511s have been my go-to jeans for years and the stretch versions of them are great.

Gary_M
    Free Member

feel a bit like jeggings

I can bend over

Bet you can 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Im wearing stretch jeans because Im a fatty fatty tubby who likes cake, beer and curry.

They look shit compared to jeans that actually fit.

Back when I actually road bikes rather than just talked about them T.Hilfiger slim jeans were sensibly cut for cycling legs rather than the painted on look.

jimmy

Jeggings?

So my niece tells me.

BillOddie

I only wear stretchy jeans these days.

Combination of years of cycling and weight training have left me with glutes and thighs that make jeans shopping something akin to chinese water torture.

I get mine from https://www.athletedenim.com/ , their sizing info is spot on, their service and product perfect.

Now if only I could find shirts that fit nicely. Large seem to be too tight on arms/shoulders/chest, XL too big around middle…

ads678

I’ve got a few pairs of the Next ones now, they’re great cos i don;t have to buy loose fit ones to fit my Chris Hoy thighs that are then too baggy at the bottom*!!

*bottom of the jeans i.e. near your feet, not arse area….

BFITH
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Levis 541 ‘Athletic fit’ recently to encompass my sizable thighs (and arse)… great fit and stretch too! Even more betterer is that apparently I’m a 34″ waist in this particular Jean!
    Just bought another pair 😀

Edit: 2 pairs for £100 at Levis outlet!!

MoreCashThanDash

There’s some unsubtle stealth boasting on this thread!

The only stretch on my jeans is the elasticated waistband. 😳

ton

in the past (30 years ago) I was a 34” leg 34” waist kind of bloke.
    now I am a 40” waist 33” leg kind of bloke.

I blame my kids………. 😀

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve never lost the baby weight either.

BFITH
    Free Member

I am a 40” waist kind of bloke.

Get some 541s – you’ll be a 36″! 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m blessed with the legs of an overgrown dwarf (24 inch things, 32″ waist, 5’9). A while back I bought some “stretch” jeans for £10 from Primark iirc. When I got them home I felt a bit self conscious because they felt tight but the wife said they looked fine. After a wash or two they became much looser, and I’ve now got 4 pairs from all over (all super cheap).

After years of wearing shorts I can now run up and down stairs and get in and out of cars without ripping the crotch out my jeans or just feeling constricted and uncomfortable.

#FUTURELIFE

BoardinBob

Oooh. Interesting!

zilog6128

I use the stretch water resistant ones from M&S.
    ace on the bike for commuting. £29

I have these. They are good. Will have a look at the Next ones also!

RustySpanner

The shops are awash with skinny / stretch / ultra skinny / “paint-on” jeans, all of which look ridiculous on me.

How soon we forget.

Does no one wear Lionel’s anymore?

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Denim should be 100% cotton they wash a wear better. Stretch jeans look a bit like jeggings because that’s basically what they are.

RustySpanner

Wash!?!

The woodburning classes don’t wash their designer jeans, they ‘let them develop their own unique patina’.
    And their own unique smell, obviously.

footflaps

All my Jeans come from White Stuff who seem to have completely ignored the Jeggings phase…

Still a bit tight on the thighs though (24″ thighs)….

CountZero

I bought some jeans at the weekend and had a bit of a shock. The shops are awash with skinny / stretch / ultra skinny / “paint-on” jeans, all of which look ridiculous on me. Straight cut jeans that aren’t either pre-shagged or made of denim that feels like PVC are non-existent. Ended up paying twice what I’d planned to in the Levi’s shop.

Did you not look at the Uniqlo denims? Their regular cut are just like 501’s used to be, I’ve got several pairs of their Japan selvedge jeans, the only thing to be wary of is the waist size, I usually take a 32″, but found that I needed a 34″ after trying a pair on in one of their London stores.
    Great jeans, can’t fault them.

Denim should be 100% cotton they wash a wear better. Stretch jeans look a bit like jeggings because that’s basically what they are.

Not true. I was looking for some plain black jeans, and while looking in Route One in Bath, a skate shop which is online as well, I tried their black R1 Relaxed style, which have a slight amount of stretch, look exactly like a regular black Levi, and which are extremely comfy, especially when your job involves being in a car for hours every day.
    They do two pairs for £49, they have no fancy stitching or labels, and I manage to get away with wearing them despite my job stating no denim jeans.
    https://www.routeone.co.uk/brands/route-one/clothing-1/jeans/route-one-relaxed-denim-jeans-flat-black-12.htm

giantalkali
    Free Member

Apparently I’m too fat for skinny jeans and had to invest in slim ones instead, damn my manly 9st physique. Couldn’t get my calves into the buggers. I’m also too old but i still skanked a student discount at 40.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stretchy ones don’t last that well which goes against the whole rationale of denim jeans. That being said I have a few pairs of diesel ones with a bit of stretch.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Stretch jeans’ is closed to new replies.