Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stress.
  • matt_outandabout

I hate it.

This week we are closing in on moving house, silly busy week at work for both, all sorts of other issues happening…

This morning I woke up with a thumping pulse rate, and I have pain in shoulders and can just feel the tension.

Not after sympathy, more a reflection of how crap stress is and how debilitating it is. 😐

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Stress can also be extremely useful – there’s no point being relaxed on a sinking ship.

EDIT :

RE : “This morning I woke up with a thumping pulse rate, and I have pain in shoulders and can just feel the tension.”

A mouth guard/night gum-shield made by your dentist may reduce the build up of night time tension.

bearnecessities

Aye, you’re right there.

Last year I was at such a point (but for entirely different reasons) that I actually developed a bloody twitch in my eye.

That was a realisation moment for me and I was thankfully able to make some decisions to reduce stress.

Good luck with purchase & everyfink else 😀 .

roach

I had a twitch in my eye once for 5 weeks! That didn’t help my stress levels one iota! 😕

mark90
    Free Member

Try moving house 5 days after exchange of contracts, with a wife who is 36 weeks pregnant, and when a major project has just kicked off at work for a new customer. I didn’t sleep much in January I can tell you. Not slept much since but that is mainly down to the little fella who held off for 10 days after we moved 🙂

Hope the move goes smoothly.

wallop

You have my sympathy – I am also pretty stressed. Work is a real challenge at the moment and I frequently wake up at 4am worrying about it. I want to leave, but feel like I need a ‘valid’ reason to do so, rather than just “I can’t hack it anymore”. 😥

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I had a twitch in my eye once for 5 weeks!

You are Chief Inspector Dreyfus and I claim my 5 euros.

dogbert
    Free Member

Lately I’ve had pains in my shoulder through stress which also causes headaches, crap sleep, eye twitching and general anger.

All because of work.

Wife forgot our anniversary today and I went in the huff for an hour. Then my 3 month old smiled at me and everything changed….. It’s the little things 😀

maccruiskeen

You are Chief Inspector Dreyfus and I claim my 5 euros.

for all his renovation endeavours bearnecessities hasn’t yet opened the cupboard from which Kato will leap….. but he will.

Harry_the_Spider

Eye twitch, tingling hands and a short temper for me. Head pain so bad last week that I ended up in A&E and was tested for a bleed!

Stress is a bastard, but I seem to be over the worst.

bearnecessities

maccruiskeen, that was actually pre-house and when I was with the Mrs to-be BN, at the time.

Lovely lady, but the house stress isn’t a patch on how the stress that relationship had descended to, for both of us.

*Sent from my living room dungeon in West Yorks.*

iamroughrider
    Free Member

take a break when you get a chance.

cbike
    Free Member

I’ve never got stressed moving house. Other things but not moving house. You don’t HAVE to have everything working in one day. I love my colleagues tales of needing broadbandcounciltaxwaterelectricgasdecorating all in place before they get there. Chillax man, get round to it eventually.

My destress advice – let a few things fail and let others pick up it for you. That’s what they are for. Don’t pick up too many other peoples things though. Applies to work and life.

Should have done it years ago.

Pook

Suffering the eye twitch right now thanks to a combination of work, moving house and bloody roadworks on all my routes to work. That and very little biking.
    The worst I ever had was pounding headaches, for which the doc referred me to hospital and they gave me a lumbar puncture to check for meningitis.

Stress is awful.

matt_outandabout

Cbike- it’s more banks being muppets and mucking up dates agreed etc than the stress of shifting boxes.

mightymule
    Free Member

Just back at work on phased return after 2 months off with work-related stress. On top of that, I’ve got a massive abscess, which I am sure is a direct result of stress.

On the bright side, sitting watching the fish in the pond is a rather good stress buster – I can sit for hours without thinking about work!

NZCol

Leaving job, moving halfway round world, new job, sold house, temporary homelessness with toddler, temporary accomodation with nothing, loading container, buying new house halfway round world remotely, financing things short term, unravelling life in one country. All within 6 weeks. Ahhhh yes indeed, i seem to be drinking a lot more than normal and waking up at 5am. It will pass.

wallop

Morning!

Stress-related early waking up here. Again.

SnS
    Free Member

Try having an A4 notepad within easy reach & write down the things that cause you to loose sleep – Acts as a temp ‘dumping’ ground.

Sleep deprivation is a major no-no when trying to sort out stressful situation – Mind goes all weird & you can’t think properly when it’s not had enough sleep.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Sns – this is what I did a few years back when I took on a new job trying to figure how not to **** it up worse than the 3 **** that had done it before me. I did find it quite useful, now when I get intermittant bouts of insomnia I just get up and find something to do.

MOAB – email me, am around tomorrow evenign if you want a pint later on…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stress.’ is closed to new replies.