Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • STRAVAAAAA stats for the year….
  • TiRed

11,700 km almost all road. Missed my goal (10,000 miles) as I took three months off with illness.
    Longest ride was 308 miles in the 24 hour (DNF)
    Best ride was the 281 miles in the national 12 hour (11th by 230 yards)

Currently back on 400 km/week and about 14 hours training. 1800 km in December.
    Given up commuting to concentrate on longer rides – so 100 km at 6am and drive to work after!

Back to racing in the new year for some top end goodness. Zone two is all well and good, but I need an adrenaline rush!

breadcrumb

238 rides logged
    142hrs
    1804 miles
    135177 feet elevation gain

First part of the year was road biased. Regular-ish commute 2-3 times per week at ~10 miles a day. Family life takes priority but it’s good to squeeze a few early morning miles in. Next year will be mostly commuting and MTB, road ain’t for me, so a drop in miles but more enjoyment will be had.

hamishthecat

Pretty basic compared with most:

625 Miles (ex tomorrow), 80,906ft climbed, 43 rides 90% off road.

Bloody hard year at work. More rides next year I hope.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beej

Distance 9,170.2 km
    Time 327h 38m
    Elev Gain 85,954 m
    Rides 200

No specific targets in 2018 so just general riding really. Lots of group/shop rides which have been great.

2019 should be more – if I can find a few target events.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Distance 8699 miles
    Time 447hrs 47min
    Elevation 351,356ft
    Rides 423 (including commutes)
    This also includes 32 ton plus rides (and two double century rides)

oysterkite
    Free Member

10,068 km on a bike (mix of road and mtb)

2,618km on skis

652 hrs in total

kerley
    Free Member

If you don’t commute and actually have a life then 160 hours on a bike is quite alot.

That is only 3 hours a week so for someone that cycles (and by that I mean someone into cycling, bothers to actually log their time/miles, spends time on cycling forums talking about cycling etc,.) that really isn’t much.
    It is about what I manage but I know I don’t really cycle that much (cycle regularly but not very long rides)

richardk
    Free Member

Distance 5,223.6 km
    Time 227h 36m
    Elev Gain 28,078 m
    Rides 184

And most importantly, 12 races this year (real ones, not Zwift)

murf
    Free Member

113 rides
    165 hours
    153,000 ft Climbing
    1120 miles Distance

All off road as the trails are on my doorstep. Down from last year but I just MTB because I enjoy it rather than to do a certain distance/keep fit etc etc 🙂

Yak

120rides
    150hrs
    1548miles
    115,000ft

Not too much and lots of short rides. All off road. Some periods of not riding at all too. But also a handful of races in there and 1 podium in a team race. A few local koms thrown in there too, but probably lost more than gained, not that it matters, but hey, strava 😉 . As ever, try harder next year.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

103m a few miles a few KOM and a few new Sträva friends ;0)

ojom
    Free Member

Excuses first… Wee man arrived in June so not had a chance to have any big rides after that

Miles 2246
    184h
    155473 ft climbing
    182 active days

peekay

492 logged hours including lots of Mtb, some running for a marathon and associated training and a bit of commuting. 256 days active. 4768 miles, but the distance is pretty irrelevant given the mix of activities.

That averages at about 1hr21 a day. Slightly less than previous years but still makes me proud that I have found time around a very busy year of work and home life to do things that I enjoy most days.

chakaping
    Free Member

Distance – 4,522.4 km
    Time – 357h 57m
    Elev Gain – 123,713 m
    Rides – 232

Mostly off-road this year, lost interest in road cycling a bit then got knocked off when I did take it up again.
    Not embarrassing but could have been better. Will struggle to match it in 2019 as I’m back on the 9 to 5.

ta11pau1

66hrs 54m
    699 miles
    38k ft climbing

That’s since April when I started riding, all MTB.

If I can hit 2000 miles next year I’ll be happy.

brennak

Looking at the stats it’s interesting who uses Km and metres to those using miles and feet, I use miles and feet and born in the mid fifties, wonder how many born after the seventies when we went metric use Km and metres, luckily we never went metric for days and hours

ton

what people say about this forum is pretty true.
    full of blokes that dont ride their bikes much at all really……….. ;o)

chakaping
    Free Member

Metric is just moar pro.
    And I like my altitude in metres anyway.

pampmyride
    Free Member

Returned to MTB 4 years ago & discovered Endomondo….then Strava. So now run both. There’s an update app/web page that swaps data. Endo better for multi activities. so 2018-
    MTB 1065 miles, shop/pub cycle 376m, I am a roadie for 125m and walkies 127 miles.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What I found odd was that some people set goals in miles and log their data in Kms.

My take is most events I do are I. Km/m so I use that convention

Those that I do that are not in km are generally low round numbers so easy to convert

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

2018 for me

time 275 hours

Days with an activity 151

Time 275 hours

Distance 2100 probably 500 miles commuting

Height gained 219412 feet 66750 meter

whitestone
    Free Member

@brennak – I was born in the 50s (just) and I use Km and metres for cycling. I’ll use a mixture of metric and stupid (sorry – imperial) in everyday conversation, just use whatever’s closest so: half a mile; one km; a mile; etc.

djflexure

Distance 1,493.4 mi
    Time 95h 59m
    Elev Gain 49,856 ft
    Rides 83

nickc

Off road mileage is about average I guess
    120 days
    1248 miles
    167 hours
    126,002ft of climbing

Full time busy job, gf in another city… An MTB ride every 3 days, I’m happy with that

weeksy

There’ll be some contention due to the number of Zwift rides, but here’s the figures.

8366km
    312 hours

I’ve not gone through the super bit for elevation etc… But happy that it was 300km more than the previous year…. So all good.

Next year i’m looking for longer distances and time.

SirHC

314 rides
    448hrs
    3546miles
    338,000ft

5 uplift days this year, no Alps/Italy trip, so most of that is self propelled!

wait4me

3780km
    16,648m
    2 smashed vertebra
    pretty much only indoor rides since March.
    Won’t go down as one of my better years 😩

hairyscary

2130 miles
    272 hours
    330,000 feet of up
    171 rides

Lower than the last few years as I did almost no road miles this year. There was no way I was going to ride the road when the trails were soooooo good this summer.

Garry_Lager

3969 miles / 206000 ft – quite a bit of flat commuting in there.

Might tip it over 4000 miles if I can lever myself off the couch this avo.

kerley
    Free Member

wonder how many born after the seventies when we went metric use Km and metres

I was born in 1968 and very fluid between metric and imperial but for distance I always use miles as I drive in miles (distance and speed) and cycled in miles in 80s and 90s before people started to use Km.

chakaping
    Free Member

Might tip it over 4000 miles if I can lever myself off the couch this avo.

Get out there now man! That’d drive me mad leaving it hanging so close.

scotroutes

Looking at the stats it’s interesting who uses Km and metres to those using miles and feet, I use miles and feet and born in the mid fifties, wonder how many born after the seventies when we went metric use Km and metres, luckily we never went metric for days and hours

I’m pretty ambivalent/bilingual. I always used km for walking/hiking as that makes sense of the 1:50k and 1:25k maps. It therefore felt natural to continue that when I started mountain biking. On road though, I prefer miles as that’s what road signs are in. My Garmin has various profiles set up for each activity and I just select the most appropriate.

PS – born in 1958.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Distance 6,717 km plus another 60 odd that i need to update when i finish my ride home from the office this afternoon
    Time 300h 18m
    Elev Gain 57,632 m
    Rides 156
    Biggest ride 244 km
    Biggest climb 1,656 m

I fell far short of my annual target of 10,000 km due to a badly broken wrist due to MTB in Les Gets at the start of July leading to four months off the bike so i didn’t do too badly considering.

I was born in imperial times but use metric now as i mostly road ride and everything in the road cycling world is in metric.

IMO Zwift/turbo trainer miles don’t count. Great fun and fantastic training but it ain’t cycling…

sarawak
    Free Member

6068 miles
    403 hours
    162 rides

Not bad for an old fogey with two knackered discs in my back, and a replacement knee.

coomber
    Free Member

If you don’t commute, and don’t road ride (or infrequently), then most stats are pointless except

(1) How many rides you have done (ignore distance)
    (2) How much fun have you had

I’ve had a lot of fun and done less than I should have.

kerley
    Free Member

then most stats are pointless

To you maybe, distance off road is a stat that I look at. As far as I know Strava doesn’t measure fun though.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

a family member of mine has the second fastest Strava time on the Steel City DH 😀 or at least did – with a time that most Elite riders would be happy with.

Edit: still does.

Simon

Distance 4,497.3km
    Time 394hr
    Elev gain 115,390m
    Rides 260

scotroutes

4,306km
    58,638m
    368hrs

Hardly a classic year for me. I just hope I’ve done enough not to pass the kerley benchmark 🙂

llama

1,700 mi
    158 h
    157,000 ft
    108 rides

not a lot, but it is about what I did in 2017, 16, and 15 put together

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘STRAVAAAAA stats for the year….’ is closed to new replies.