Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Strava – record HR on stationary bike (iPhone)?
  • krixmeister

Wanting to use Strava iPhone app while on a stationary bike in the gym – just to record HR (via a compatible Bluetooth LE HR strap), but no other sensors – speed/cadence/power. OK I’ll admit it – I’m wanting to do this during spinning classes.

As far as I can tell, Strava doesn’t support this – it seems to only record when it thinks (via GPS) that I’m moving, meaning most of the “ride” isn’t recorded. This happens even when the Virtual Ride activity type is chosen.

There’s some info on the Strava support site seeming to state this isn’t supported, but all the articles are over three years old.

Am I being an idiot, or is this definitely something not doable in Strava?

mattnoble
    Free Member

Nothing i’ve ever seen.

Best bet is a polar watch and HR monitor (or like brand) or a all in one unit like a Garmin vivosmart HR

thecaptain
    Free Member

If your HRM works with garmin connect maybe you can do it that way (auto sync from garmin to Strava).

monkfish
    Free Member

I record mine on a Garmin 500, I switch the gps off and just press start. My HRM is also a Garmin.

I then import into training peaks quite happily, not tried strava but I’d imagine it would work equally well.

TiRed

Use another app that syncs with Strava. My Sufferfest sessions did exactly this when I was away and spent five hours on a spinning bike. Or use a Garmin 500 that also auto syncs to Garmin Connect and then onto Strava.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Endomondo will do this, and sync with Strava, as will Wahoo fitness. ATV least they do on android, can’t see why they wouldn’t on iOS.

krixmeister

Thanks all – looks like Wahoo’s app will do the trick. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Strava – record HR on stationary bike (iPhone)?’ is closed to new replies.