Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • Strava KOMs
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I got one last month after noticing a really slow ride with plenty of walking and pushing had me at 5th out of 17 on a 1.2 mile segment with 515 ft height difference. Right! next day it was off with the Dampfs and on with some slightly narrower, lighter tyres (starts on fire road then goes into wide singletrack for last 1/2 mile) and I was off! Almost blew a lung but I did it! It’s probably easily beatable so I’m keeping schtum!

njee20
    Free Member

I went to reclaim two yesterday (both on one climb), but my Garmin put me about 50 foot off the road so I didn’t get them, got a different one though weirdly. I seem to be losing loads at the moment, doesn’t seem to be an influx of members or owt.

DT78
    Free Member

Just took a little look at mine, looks like I’ve lost all my mountain biking ones in my local woods now 🙁

I’ve picked up a couple of road ones.

Looks like I’m going to have to try t avoid a family bbq, dig out the anthem and take it down the woods and see what I can claw back.

That or buy the carbon 29er I’ve been lusting after!

Deveron53
    Free Member

All of my good Strava segments are off road steep uphills. My fully rigid 29er Inbred limits my downhill performance somewhat! Saving hard for a SB95 – then we’ll see!

oldgit
    Free Member

I think every man and his dog knows I don’t do Strava, but I wonder if people are losing KOMs they put up early in the year. Now that the weathers better more riders are out. Race season is well under way so there will be some fast legs out there?

So you know some guys shoot out of group rides to take segments or leap frog some of the fitter roadies to get KOMs. I call that assisted? so you guys that have taken them on your own well done.
    I got a bit cheesed off with 30 second Strava heroes using club rides to gain points so I said so 😡

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Got a few on the road this week which I’m very happy with as they’re on the flat (god I hate the flat!) and one is a minute long sprint after a 90 degree corner. They’ll not last long, a bigger boy will be along very shortly but hey, still got ’em.

Also, don’t you just love it when someone creates a new segment and you’re already at the top!

naffrider
    Free Member

Got a number, mostly on unpopular roads.

However, do have the KOM for Dalby Red, currently. Reckon it’ll be taken this weekend, given the lovely weather and all =]

chakaping
    Free Member

Also, don’t you just love it when someone creates a new segment and you’re already at the top!

Double-edged sword for me, since they’re usually in the woods or roads where I used to live down south.

So the segment creator can then go back and hammer away at it and I’m powerless to defend my honour.

aracer
    Free Member

Well I created a new segment which gave somebody else (somebody I kind of know, but haven’t seen in ages) the KOM. Went out a couple of days later and took it 😉

jam-bo

I think every man and his dog knows I don’t do Strava, but I wonder if people are losing KOMs they put up early in the year. Now that the weathers better more riders are out.

times are dropping pretty steadily in my local woods. it’ll bottom out soon.

oldgit
    Free Member

times are dropping pretty steadily in my local woods. it’ll bottom out soon

No chance. Strava EPO, basically not a single Strava time can be trusted.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s 2 segments on a hill near me, twice this week I’d have reclaimed my KOMs (legitimately), but my GPS has put me 20 foot off the road! V annoying!

Northwind

Hah. I just aquired my first descending one,gold run middle into lower at innerleithen. This mainly tells you that downhill has not embraced strava in the same way that XC has :mrgreen:

d45yth
    Free Member

This mainly tells you that downhill has not embraced strava in the same way that XC has

At least you’re honest and have the intelligence to realise that. It’s funny to see some average riders, new to Strava, who suddenly think themselves downhill demons because they don’t realise a lot of folk don’t use it. (Probably the same ****s who start near the front at races and events, then hold everyone else up!).

There’s a loop near me which has the option of not going all the way to the top of it, cutting out a few KM’s out. Strava would still put you down as having done the full route…then you had those doing the shorter route, thinking they were faster than sponsored riders who had done the full one! 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Strava EPO, basically not a single Strava time can be trusted.

You really think so? I guess some people must use that seriously, but they’re sad bastards and there can’t be very many of them. Looking at the KOMs around here, generally they’re owned by people I know are quick and are consistent with the rest of their rides – maybe it’s more of a problem in higher profile locations?

I was hacking TCX files before that site was available and saw the possibility of cheating on Strava – briefly considered doing so on some high profile segment just for a laugh, but realised it wouldn’t actually be very funny (though I thought seriously about posting a winning time for that Strava BW racing thing just to make a point).

I have to admit I’m surprised how decent some of my downhill Strava times are – it must not only be that the demon downhillers don’t use it, but also that a lot of seriously incompetent riders do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably the same ****s who start near the front at races and events, then hold everyone else up!

Last race I did was over 3 days, (50km, lap decent 70km (with chairlift) & 20km on the last day)

At the day 3 start it was explained that there would be 2 starting groups at 15 min intervals. Would those who finished top half so far go at 10 and those who were bottom half go at 10:15. I was borderline but spent so I did group 2, there was an 80:20 split, 80% thought they were top half. Passed 1 guy who asked if we had seen the 2nd wave yet, I had to explain that I was taking it easy in the 2nd wave….People think they are faster.

In the end 90% of those out using it are just normal people who do it log it and get a nice surprise somedays when they do some decent times. Just a shame that as with the general population there are some knobbers who don’t play fair, nice, in the spirit of things.

No chance. Strava EPO, basically not a single Strava time can be trusted.

See the Olympics, TdF, Tennis, Running, Swimming and everything else.

West Indies wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin has received a two-match one-day international ban for claiming a catch he dropped in the Champions Trophy win against Pakistan.
    The 28-year-old claimed a catch off Misbah-ul-Haq, but could be seen grounding and picking up the ball.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

There’s 2 segments on a hill near me, twice this week I’d have reclaimed my KOMs (legitimately), but my GPS has put me 20 foot off the road! V annoying!

Look at raceshape SNAP.
    Not had to use it yet, but claims to be able to sort that kind of issue on a road segment.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Got 5 KOMs on the road Sunday before last, it was flagged 3 times each time I ticked the “Trust me box”
    That’ll have some people busting a gut to reclaim, fools if they dont have at least 140 bhp they are on a hiding to nothing 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Look at raceshape SNAP.
    Not had to use it yet, but claims to be able to sort that kind of issue on a road segment.

Works very well, useful that! I wonder now if I’ll get accused of cheating by the old holder of the KOM!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

1 Second, 1 bloody second.

Uh oh! You just lost your KOM on Stang Ln Climb to stu raw by 1 second.

I aint going back

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)

The topic ‘Strava KOMs’ is closed to new replies.