Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strava invisible created segment weirdness
  • Shackleton

So I found a new old trail yesterday while out, could do with some bedding in from others to make it more viable and would take some load from a nearby over used multiuser trail so thought I would add it as a segment to Strava.

Created the segment, set to public, the ride it was created from is visible to all but the segment isn’t visible through the segment explorer or by searching for it by name. It has existed for nearly 24h now so thought that the database would have updated.

Any ideas why?

kiksy
    Free Member

Strava seems to now filter out lesser ridden trails. If the ride it, it should still come up though.

Shackleton

So how does a new segment ever become visible if no one knows it is there to ride? I suspected that was the case but it seems a bloody odd way of doing things.

matt_outandabout

Is it very close or parell to the route of other trails?
    How long is it?

Shackleton

It is ~600m long and runs parallel ish to another track 50m away. No similar segments were reported during creation and the nearby segment achievements don’t map to it and vice versa.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Segment explorer only shows ‘popular’ segments – both for browsing and searching.

It’s really annoying.

jam-bo
    Shackleton

That is a good idea, but it still doesn’t show up!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strava invisible created segment weirdness’ is closed to new replies.