Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Strava – insisting I link with Facebook 😡
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Every time I try and open strava I get a pop up saying ‘welcome back, it’s time to link to Facebook’ I don’t want to !

It either says share information or cancel. Every time I press cancel it bloody pops up again! Is this happening to others ?

piemonster

Nope, not for me.

Neither in the IOS or via the website.

whitestone
    Free Member

Not for me either. iOS app on iphone and website using Chrome.

The only link I’ve seen to FB is the log-in page when you get the option to log in using either FB or email address. Since I’m not on FB I’m using email and password.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nope, me neither, on various devices.

scotroutes

Nope. Not happening here either.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Never happened for me either… user error (lol)

mashr

Nope, not here on various devices

longdog
    Free Member

Nope, not me either. Not on pc or android

k1100t
    Free Member

Clear your cache and try again…?

kerley
    Free Member

Nope.

whitestone
    Free Member

OP

What device, browser. Are you logged in or trying to log in to Strava? More details needed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

iOS app on iPhone

I have to click continue, then it takes me to either accepting a link with Facebook or cancelling. If I cancel it comes straight back to the screen above !

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

The only link I’ve seen to FB is the log-in page when you get the option to log in using either FB or email address

^^^ I occasionally get this message when I log in on my laptop,never when I log in on my mobile ^^^
    When it happens I log in with my email

whitestone
    Free Member

If you go to your phone’s settings app/utility then scroll down until you find Strava (it’s way, way down the first screen) you can check what it’s allowed to do. Similarly for Facebook.

It looks like at some point you’ve given one or other app the right to share info and since then the terms and conditions have changed so you are being asked to confirm it. One of those things that’s hard to diagnose without asking for a lot of potentially sensitive info. A search only comes up with sharing Strava data with Facebook not the other way round.

Edit: a bit more searching found this – https://www.reddit.com/r/Strava/comments/co95pi/i_dont_want_facebook_in_strava/

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Set it up like it wants you to then in Strava app: Settings > Link with other services

Is Facebook in there? Untick.

There is probably something on the Facebook side you can remove too, if you can be bothered.

DickBarton

At some point in the past you’ve link Strava to facebash…Strava is telling you to review the connection as possibly more info is now being shared.

Disconnect/deauthorise the connection and it should stop.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Strava – insisting I link with Facebook 😡’ is closed to new replies.