Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Strava ditches relive.
  • stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I loved relive for long rides, was great to see back.

Just got an e mail saying strava are no longer happy with relive due to an update and have terminated ties.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Many of us at Strava have enjoyed using Relive over the last few years, but because of Relive’s recent updates, unfortunately, we have decided to end this integration. The current version of Relive violates several of the terms that we ask of API partners. These terms are in place to safeguard your personal information, to ensure a level playing field for all our partners, and to protect what makes Strava unique. We’ve worked hard with Relive to try to fix this, but they have ultimately chosen not to make the changes needed to honor their agreement. So as of today, Strava will no longer send your activities to Relive for playback.

Rest assured, nothing’s changed about how your information is stored or the control you have over how it’s accessed by API partners. And we remain deeply committed to helping our many API partners build experiences that make your workouts and races even better.

sarawak
    Free Member

I’m not worried about that but when will the “Remember me” button come back on the login page? Or is permanent removal part of the new customer experience?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m sure the bloke who designed Relive was on here a few years back.

It was nice to see long rides over again but ultimately a bit pointless. However the fact they are no longer ‘partnering’ does make you wonder if they have something of their own to offer up.

Would be good to hear the other side of the story as Strava email just reads like he wanted to extort lots of money from relive, he refused so we ditched him

scotroutes

I also use Veloviewer to interpret and add to my Strava data. There are times when the API is “throttled” due to demand/load. It could be that Relive was over-stressing the Strava systems.

I’ve seen some clever stuff done with Relive and the Moments feature allows a lot better editing. I think the auto-create feature was a bit too much though. Seemed weird and inefficient to have Relive pulling Strava data after every ride.

lunge

Can you just link Relive to Garmin Connect instead? Same result but cuts out Strava.

scotroutes

You can.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Relive is nice for those special rides, out of the norm.

One thing I was never sure about was whether my privacy zones were complied with when I linked a ride’s Relive to a forum post.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah it had sort of run it’s course with me, I liked the update when you could see you’re mates riding too, but it was only a bit of a gimmick really.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Relive now does ride tracking from its own app and sharing with friends so basically competes with Strava now instead of just complementing it.

If Relive can do all the things Strava have been asked to do and ignored for years, then I’ll happily ditch Strava for them. Strava doesn’t do a great deal for me now anyway. I could even just live with Garmin if it wasn’t for their buggy software.

Also in the visualising your ride market, check out FatMap. Although it’s very graphically intensive.

scotroutes

So, this sucks… Strava decided to no longer work with us. After launching our first social features, we received a very unexpected message threatening to pull the plug.

We then tried to call, email, and talk this out with Strava. No response. It’s sad to see them suddenly go, and we’re bummed about this.

Nothing has changed about how Relive uses and protects your data, or how we use their API. We believe this is your data, and you should decide how it’s used. After all, it’s your legs doing all the work!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Strava broke up with Relive 💔

So, this sucks… Strava decided to no longer work with us. After launching our first social features, we received a very unexpected message threatening to pull the plug.

We then tried to call, email, and talk this out with Strava. No response. It’s sad to see them suddenly go, and we’re bummed about this.

Nothing has changed about how Relive uses and protects your data, or how we use their API. We believe this is your data, and you should decide how it’s used. After all, it’s your legs doing all the work!

rugbydick

Just had this email from Relive (after the Strava one this morning):

scotroutes

There’s a bit more too.

<div class=”halfscreen-image left”>
    <div class=”sideText”>

We thought we had a thing. Until last week. After launching our first social features, we received a very unexpected message threatening to pull the plug. Given our long-term partnership, we immediately rolled back the changes like they requested.

</div>
    </div>
    We then tried to call, email, and talk this out with Strava. No response, except for new ultimatums and threats about our existing features they’ve applauded for years.

It’s sad to see them suddenly go and we’re bummed about this, just like you. We like Strava’s product and we’ve been working with them for more than 3 years.

Nothing has changed about how Relive uses and protects your data or how we use their API. We’re working to make sure you can keep your current and past activities on Relive. We believe this is your data and you should decide how it’s used. After all, it’s your legs doing all the work!

Can I still create those epic videos, you wonder? Hell yeah 🤘

• If you use a Garmin, Suunto, or Polar device (or one of our other partners), just connect it to Relive and everything will work the same as before.
    • Record your activities directly with the Relive app.
    • Or import your activity files here.

Learn more on how to do this.

Our small team is working around the clock to give you the best Relive experience possible. If you want to support us through this break-up then put your hiking boots on, jump on your bike or grab your running shoes and get out there.

Make us proud and keep creating those epic videos of your adventures. Share the Relive love.

spooky_b329

Thought there might be another side to the story. I only upload my epic rides which often involves stitching several GPX files together and uploading to Relive and paying a fiver for that month, so it won’t affect me. But this could have a massive dent on Relive.

scaredypants

err, please miss – what does relive do ?

avdave2

It recreates your ride in the style of a stage preview as seen on tv coverage of races

whitestone
    Free Member

It basically takes a Strava activity and overlays it on a 3D map then replays it along with some change of viewpoint as the activity progresses.

scaredypants

Ah – ta

hols2
    Free Member

But this could have a massive dent on Relive.

How exactly does Relive monetize the data?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Currently, premium service with app where you can edit and customise after the maps have been generated. Free version you can now customise a bit prior to generating the map, if you use the app.

The recent stuff though has introduced a feed and you can follow friends etc. Turning it into a social network of sorts. Worth money to them.

There’s now other info to browse with an activity other than the 3D video map. Before you had to manually share the video, and that’s about all you could do. It would then link back to Strava, but now it likes back to the activity on Relive.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

To be honest I like the idea of Strava Ditches to record my off routes excursions on the midnight ride home from the pub.

robido

Relive has changed for me. It wants me to follow people I dont know. And I find it hard to get to my ride. So wont be using it any more.

cb200
    Free Member

Any Suunto device/app users, you can now directly connect to Relive there rather than via Strava.

jimdubleyou

That DC rainmaker article has made me think about what I’m actually using in Strava and whether I really need premium any more…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Strava ditches relive.’ is closed to new replies.