Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 271 total)
  • Strava adiction
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m currently hooked on “A Classic Challenge from Specialized”, I’m hoping to get past 50% 😳

jam-bo

9% here…

someone from Lynton passed 100,000 in about two weeks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

82,000ft to go by the end of the month…

trickydisco
    Free Member

bagged 3 KOM last night and 1 this morning

I’m finding it quite addictive (partly because some random emailed to challenge me)

Clifton suspension bridge.. will have to look at that.

I want park street!

Dibbs
    Free Member

someone from Lynton passed 100,000 in about two weeks.

He’s past 220,000 now but say’s he’s eased up, he’s still running third though. 😯

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m currently hooked on “A Classic Challenge from Specialized”, I’m hoping to get past 50%

I clicked the join challenge button when I saw it, but it had already been going for half a month. At the time I worked out I’d have to ride just over 3000 feet every day for the whole of march. Round here, that just wasnt going to happen 🙁

moonboy
    Free Member

Caved in and joined yesterday. Hooked.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    wwaswas

I do wish Strava had been around this guy was riding;

http://www.phased.co.uk/index.php/tommy-godwin-mile-eater.html

75,065 miles in a single year.

On Wednesday 12th April 1939 Tommy Godwin rode a total mileage of 175 miles bringing his year total to date to 16,944 miles

that bloke was nails.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

@trickydisco You need to a perfect run to get the Clifton Suspension bridge – you’ve got to have an empty bridge in order to be able to nip around the ‘wrong way’ of the toll booths.

That and I’ve been trying to do it on a bleeding inefficient Zesty with Super Tacky tyres…those roadies have it easy!

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve just found out I can upload my endomondo stuff. Hot a KOM on a local hill.. big up for the steel racer on that one!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh goodness me, I’ve gone and downloaded it.

What’s all the fuss about..?

Will it make me feel knackered..?

Can I niche it into 29erSS mode or will my results just look too slow to register..?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Its customary to post a list of excuses beneath every ride you upload, so a 29er SS will be perfect 😉

rootes1

Nick,

Lewis King is a former pro DH rider, now racing XC – silver medal in the vets national champs last year and a victory in the first NPS this year. Good rider.

Yep i googled him so will let him off 😆 Will have a good go at getting a better concrete hill time..

Si

njee20
    Free Member

Forgotten how steep that was!

Lewis has an incredible burst of pace. Given a clear shot I usually get off the line first, but in the Gorrick Enduro last year he put several bike lengths into ma and the rest of the field without trying! I’d say hills like that would be ideal for him!

I’ve just found out I can upload my endomondo stuff

Is it just a case of emailing them the files? I only had a few months of Garmin data for Strava, be interested to upload all my older stuff!

rootes1

Forgotten how steep that was!

yes and to do it 10secs quicker is mental.

hugor
    Free Member

Where are all these super duper quick riders???
    Strava is depressing. I can’t remember the last time I was passed at my local trail centre but I am always passing people (with appropriate courtesy).
    You get the impression that you ride your local trails pretty good until Strava.
    I rode smoother and quicker than I think I’ve ever ridden yesterday only to find my rank somewhere on the 3rd page for most segments!!! 😥
    Some of these times are unbelievable.
    Whatever you do don’t use the comparison function on segment pages!

mattjg
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me how long an iPhone 4S lasts from full charge while running Strava? Ie how long a ride can it record?

My old 3GS lasts about 2hrs 45 then conks out.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Tried it out in anger earlier this week.
    Cycled to the village shop to get some bread and crisps, and got 2nd fastest on the downhill, then KOM on the way back.
    Granted the person who was previous KOM had done it as part of a 40 mile ride, rather than a 4 mile ride, but a win’s a win. 😀
    Now to own everything in a 1 mile radius of the house, though looking at the speed set for some of the off-road sections that seems pretty unlikely.

gribble
    Free Member

Went for a dusk ride yesterday evening to test out new Garmin Edge 200. Managed to get a completely off the wall top speed 45 odd mph. My Garmin said top speed was 26.5, which is more like it.

Do you. Think this is anything to do with having autopause turned on? Have now turned it off in case I am cheating.

Accidently road a section that was a segment, only just made the 3rd page…

sputnik
    Free Member

Mattjg, 4s user here. Done a 3 hour ride in the afternoon after I have charged the phone overnight and used it normally all morning. Came back from the ride and had about 40% battery left, enough to see me through untill I go to bed (12ish).

jam-bo

Can anyone tell me how long an iPhone 4S lasts from full charge while running Strava? Ie how long a ride can it record?

I did an hour on the road the night before last. Went out on 21%, got back on 9%. Bluetooth and wifi off and the phone locked in my back pocket.

nsaints
    Free Member

I use auto-pause on my Garmin, and I’ve not noticed any issues within Strava, but then I do pull 45 mph up most hills 😉

Seriously no issues with auto-pause here

sputnik
    Free Member

Don’t think auto pause is the problem. It could be the setting that is a bit more economical on the battery, forgot what it is called, “smart recording” or something. Takes a reading every 3 seconds iirc in stead of constantly.

scaredypants

OK, a question:

I’ve just created a segment – bit longer than most in my area (only 2 miles though). I’ve logged 3 rides on it but only 1 shows up on the “leaderboard” (I’m the only person there – KOM, YEAH !!!!)

How/When will strava notice that the segment exists and fill in my other efforts (and everybody else) ?
    Or doesn’t it work retrospectively ?

wwaswas

You only get on the leaderboard once with your best time.

As long as it’s a public segment then I think as other people load rides it’ll start using it – not sure if it processes all historical rides to match the segment or just new ones, tbh.

scaredypants

Update

the answer is, about 5 minutes – I’m now 7th of 11 😆

wwaswas

should have kept it private and retained the KOM 😉

scaredypants

That’s a lot of computing isn’t it ? – all recorded rides being compared to ewly created segments, everywhere in stravaland ??

(or is that what modern mobile phones could do in 5 minutes anyway ?)

Oh, and I’ve printed off a screenshot wwaswas – they can’t take that away from me ( 😥 )

chakaping
    Free Member

You upload your ride to the site, the site does the computing.

scaredypants

yeah, I know – but if the site is doing retrospective comparisons for all new segments that seems massive to me

(the mobile phone thing was more “or is it trivially easy for a server to do that these days ?”)

jam-bo

I’ve just created a segment – bit longer than most in my area (only 2 miles though). I’ve logged 3 rides on it but only 1 shows up on the “leaderboard” (I’m the only person there – KOM, YEAH !!!!)

How/When will strava notice that the segment exists and fill in my other efforts (and everybody else) ?
    Or doesn’t it work retrospectively ?

on the left there is an option for my results. it’ll show you all the times you’ve logged a time against that segment.

mattjg
    Free Member

gribble, jambo: ta. I’m at the point where “saving the cost of a Garmin” is getting me halfway to the cost of a new iPhone!

mattjg
    Free Member

As long as it’s a public segment then I think as other people load rides it’ll start using it – not sure if it processes all historical rides to match the segment or just new ones, tbh.

I don’t know about ‘all’ however I have created segments that I have then seen back-filled with historic data.

scaredypants

on the left there is an option for my results. it’ll show you all the times you’ve logged a time against that segment

Yeh, that’s why I’ve created the segment – to chart my astonishing progress this summer

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno scaredypants, but considering how bad Strava is at picking up my rides on segments I created myself it doesn’t seem like it’s that trivial a job!

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

2nd on the infamous Taylored Cycles Swoop in Leigh Woods last night.

BOOOOOM!

On my steel hardtail too, 8 seconds quicker than on my Zesty!

I’ll find those 2 seconds easily and get that KOM!

muggomagic

I’ve been pretty p’d off with the performance of the Strava app. I’ve ridden a certain downhill segment on pretty much all my rides recently and it’s only picked up that segment once. Which happened to be the time when it was so slippery that I slid down rather than rode. Now it’s dry and I’m flying it doesn’t seem to pick it up. Going back to motion x then upload by gpx file until I can find a 2nd hand Garmin.

mdavids
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve had strava miss out a few of my segments as well. Its especially annoying when you’ve busted a gut on a climb only to upload it and find it hasn’t registered.

njee20
    Free Member

Never had that at all frankly.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Strava adiction’ is closed to new replies.