Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Strava activity feed
  • heavy_rat
    Free Member

What’s everyones thoughts on the new activity feed in Strava?

Gone has the chronological order of activities. In comes some algorithm that bases activities on whether they are “interesting” or not. Makes the feed look like a jumbled mess.

Hopefully a Tory style U-turn to revert it back or at least an option to display chronologically

scotroutes

Pish

You can give your feedback to them via this online poll they’ve set up.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NewStravaFeed

awh
    Free Member

It’s crap. Commutes out of order, hiding races in between old activities etc.

Strava feedback

Survey

whitestone
    Free Member

Mine is still chronological for the moment. It was the different layout that caught my eye at first. Not sure that each activity needs to be so big on screen, I can only get 1 and a bit activity on screen at a time.

scotroutes

What’s the betting they’ll offer a user-selectable feed order for Premium subscribers?

jam-bo

Imagine having to pay for functionality…

scotroutes

It’ll never catch on.

kentishman
    Free Member

Hate the cluttered new look. Any suggestions for an alternative.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Bloody Awful.

There was nothing wrong with the original layout. Well it was better than this “upgrade” anyway.

Haze

Still no way to filter out people’s commutes or indoor training?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This.

A premium account should allow me to bin all this daft zwift shit and also access everyone’s routes as a gpx.

Haze

Looks better though, that’s the main thing…

simondbarnes

It’s shit, just like facebook

jimmy

If you know Andy Barlow, his post err sorry activity is good.

TheWrongTrousers

Yuck, that’s nasty

d3carbon
    Free Member

Haze – Member

This ^^^

Damn do i get sick of seeing peoples Zwift activities especially through the winter.

However, I quite like the look of the new layout but it should always be in chronological order IMO.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Pathetic attempt to look all “Facebook” while once again not addressing a single thing the support forums have been demanding for ages.

Primarily for me…

* UK units of measurement (Celsius NOT Fahrenheit with feet, miles etc).

* Mountain biking as an activity and distinguishing segments from road and vice versa, MTB challenges distinguished from road.

* Proper privacy so even if on a leaderboard but enhanced privacy set, you can’t view that persons ride without being an approved follower.

* Sharing private rides amongst friends or groups without making public.

* Closed groups where rides are private to the group only, get their own leaderboard but group rides not on public leaderboards (particularly for sensitive trails, events on private land etc).

* Management and moderation of segments and sensitive trails by trail maintainers, land owners, etc. Like Trailforks.

* Fix broken sharing to Facebook etc from web.

* Ability for users to unmatch segments. Handles bad segment matches instead of getting ride flagged by someone and having to send request to support to unmatch segments or otherwise make ride private.

* Moving components between bikes to keep history of their mileage, unretiring components, etc.

All stuff been demanded for ages, and we get nothing but fluff, bugs, roadie challenges, and Zwift garbage.

dawson

I think the Stravastix plugin for chrome on PC allows you to block zwift rides

fifeandy
    Free Member

I too was subjected to the awful new feed today – a feature that no-one wanted, and harder to implement than some of the many small filtering options that have been requested.
    Stopped my premium about 18 months ago, and if anything they are going further away from getting me to restart than drawing me back.

loughor
    Free Member

Yup, another hater here.

Kato

Mine still appears to be chronological. I’m premium

weeksy

mine appears new format, but still chronological.

markrh
    Free Member

Had the new format last night, opened Strava this morning to find its reverted back to the old format 😕

whitestone
    Free Member

Still the new format with me (non Premium member)

I noticed with my rides at the weekend that segments I’d never ridden before now get a PB straight away rather than having to ride them again and then get either a PB or a second best time.

hooli

New format here too, looks OK but I would prefer not to have a third of the screen taken up with all the find friends, create a blog post, join a challenge guff on the right hand side.

chakaping
    Free Member

Can’t see much difference here.

Wonder why they are so reluctant to allow Zwift blocking. Do they anticipate a backlash from the special snowflakes upset that they’re being marginalised?

lunge

New format, survey filled in and a message sent. I have no issue with the new feed as some people may like it, but I do want the option to turn it off.

rocketman
    Free Member

I like it

All they need to do now is default to the ‘You’ tab because I don’t follow anyone

weeksy

chakaping – Member
    Can’t see much difference here.

Wonder why they are so reluctant to allow Zwift blocking. Do they anticipate a backlash from the special snowflakes upset that they’re being marginalised?

TBH the non-Zwifters seem more precious than the Zwifters. It’s not our fault our training is indoors, it doesn’t suddenly make it less valid, or make it less important just because it’s not outdoors. Why can’t you non-Zwifters just accept, it’s what some people do

chakaping
    Free Member

All they need to do now is default to the ‘You’ tab because I don’t follow anyone

Wouldn’t the two tabs look the same in that case?

whitestone
    Free Member

Not bothered about Zwift but it’s a turbo session so why does it need a map of where you haven’t been?

rocketman
    Free Member

Wouldn’t the two tabs look the same in that case?

The ‘Following’ tab doesn’t show your weekly mileage/goals etc and it’s such hardship to swipe left

lucky7500

Still the old version for me on mobile. The only Strava thing I’ve ever been puzzled about is why the iPad app version is so awful compared to the android version.

fifeandy
    Free Member

It’s not our fault our training is indoors, it doesn’t suddenly make it less valid, or make it less important just because it’s not outdoors. Why can’t you non-Zwifters just accept, it’s what some people do

Got nothing against Zwifters, I log plenty of turbo sessions myself – but I don’t actually expect anyone other than me to be interested in them.
    Fundamentally, 25 laps of the volcano is just less interesting to most (i’m sure there are some exceptions) than seeing you went out and did your local loop in a gale on Tuesday night.

Commutes on the other hand, should probably be filtered by default – no-one wants to see athlete X doing the same 7.63mi twice a day every day…

sirromj

It’s the E-Zwifters I can’t abide.

whitestone
    Free Member

@fifeandy – the commute thing is odd. There’s a check box to mark a ride as a commute but it appears to do next to sod all.

What’s weird is people giving you kudos for each and every commute? Then again, weird is a suitable description of those who comment/give kudos on mine 🙄

sirromj

Commutes on the other hand, should probably be filtered by default – no-one wants to see athlete X doing the same 7.63mi twice a day every day…

Not everyone does though. When does a commute transmute into a ride?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not everyone does though. When does a commute transmutes into a ride?

When whoever uploads it thinks its of sufficient interest and different enough from normal to not check the commute box.
    If Mr 7.63mi decides to try a new route and ends up taking 12.4mi and getting lost I definitely want to see that. But not the next day when he returns to same old same old.

llatsni
    Free Member

I could tolerate the facepuke-like-feed in the app while the website still made sense. But now… not so much. Cancelled my subscription.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Strava activity feed’ is closed to new replies.