• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Strava 3D Activity mapping – from Veloviewer. A thing of beauty…
  • bartimaeus
    Free Member

See http://veloviewer.com/route

Just add the bookmark – go to your Activity in Strava – click the bookmark… and admire the results!

Last night’s ride…

officialtob
    Free Member

Your link is missing the first H in the HTTP 😉

Looks awesome though!

P20

Looks good

Thrunton by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

wonnyj
    Free Member

very good

crazy-legs

Took me a few minutes to work out how to get it to work but that’s lovely.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Veloviewer already has 3D segments on the ‘Your Segments’ tab… so 3D Activity complements that very nicely. It would be even better if there were a zoom function.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

ok.

that is fairly cool…

greeble
    Free Member

very nice

superfli
    Free Member

Excellent tool!

8)

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Where do you work? Everest base camp?

jam-bo

norfolk with the exaggeration turned up to 11…

cheers_drive

norfolk with the exaggeration turned up to 11…

No amount of exaggeration will make The Fens look hilly 😕

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Hmm… I calling “Champery DH” on that one, Dave!

cchris2lou

idiot guide to make it work under chrome ? 😕

lemonysam
    Free Member

Go to settings, advanced, content settings, popups, manage exceptions, add [*.]strava.com

Drag the activities bookmarklet link to your bookmarks toolbar, browse to an activity and click it.

cchris2lou

thanks , only works for cycling route , not runs , but still very good . 😀

superfli
    Free Member

Hmm… I calling “Champery DH” on that one, Dave!

Had you for a min 😆

bruneep

Better explanation (for me anyway)

Bookmarklets are really powerful things but at the geeky end of the usability scale! Lets say you are using Chrome on a PC/Mac as that is easiest (not going to work on an iPad etc).

1. navigate to http://veloviewer.com/route

2. Click on Chrome’s menu (3 horizontal bars on button in top right)
    3. Chose “Bookmarks” then make sure “Show bookmarks bar” is ticked.
    4. You should now see a row of buttons for any bookmarks you’ve got set up just below the address bar at the top of the Chrome window.
    5. Left click and drag the 2 links at the top of my route page up to this Bookmark bar. They should now appear as buttons on that bar.
    6. Head on over to http://app.strava.com and click on someone’s ride so you are looking at their ride details.
    7. Click the “3D Activity” button in you bookmark bar.
    8. Chances are Chrome will say “Popup blocked” at the right hand side of the address bar. You need to click on that and allow popups from app.strava.com.
    9. Press it again and this time a new window will open showing you all the 3D goodness!

Like I say, at the geeky end of the scale and no way to make setting them up any easier I’m afraid.

If you are using the new Routing features in Strava then if you are in “edit route” mode for a previously saved route then you can press the “3D Route” button in your bookmarks bar and see the same thing for that route.

Like I say, I will build a dedicated activitiy details page that will be just a click away from your activity list at some point but I initially built the bookmarklet as I wanted a 3D profile for a new Strava Route which isn’t available via the API and this was the only way.

Good luck!

fbk
    Free Member

Nice link – thanks for that.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Strava 3D Activity mapping – from Veloviewer. A thing of beauty…’ is closed to new replies.