Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • strathpuffer 2020
  • mr_stru

That Grundig course was pretty grim. I certainly remember ending up putting my foot in knee deep at one point. Fortunately there were river crossings to wash it off.

I can’t image anyone has a gpx of it given it was the era of wires to connect the bike computer to the magnet sensor 🙂

epicyclo

mr_stru
    I can’t image anyone has a gpx of it given it was the era of wires to connect the bike computer to the magnet sensor

Obviously 🙂

I was hoping someone had done it since though. I can recognise a lot of the spots and was wondering how they were strung together.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It sounds bloody awful – my teammate’s husband did it and apparently Thomas Frischknecht stopped at the finish line and carried his bike away in protest at how much walking there was on the course (around 50%).

epicyclo

munrobiker
    It sounds bloody awful

Aye, but it’s also a ride in the Scottish mountains, and this is mountainbiking, ain’t it? 🙂

Not that I’d have fancied riding that, but having competition courses like that might mean our bikes evolve into being better all terrain bikes.

fatmax

Did the Puffer for the first time this year, as a very mixed a ability quad and we all loved it. Great atmosphere and event and thought the course was great. I even loved the fire road climb. We only did 16 laps. I took the wrong bike – rigid Singular Swift, not realising that it was pretty rocky in places. We started with ‘well we’ve got to go and do it once’ and are now already planning for next year!

beamers

Third ‘Puffer for me this year having done the 2018 and 2019 editions.

Absolutely loved it this year as it was the race debut for my Orbea Oiz. I wish I’d had that bike at the 2018 and 2019 editions.

Rode in a quad and we completed 23 (very nearly 24) laps.

We’ll be back again next year for sure as all of our team members (4 Battered Gooch Suppers) are Inverness based.

troberts1994
    Free Member

First ‘Puffer this year for me and the rest of the quad. It was an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish not helped by the fact that I was on a rigid SS running 32:18. But I was happy not to get off and push once and managed all my laps in under an hour which I didn’t expect. The team managed 24 laps which we were over the moon about. We’re already preparing for next year!

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘strathpuffer 2020’ is closed to new replies.