Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 408 total)
  • Strathpuffer 2010 and all this snow
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

weather forecast

See you all in the morning – don't forget your mud tyres.

jemima
    Free Member

Just been at Contin. Lots of chat ranging from "no ice tyres required" to "ice tyres required"…

cullen-bay
    Free Member

il be running ice tyres for the first lap then changing to muds. 🙂

trout, YGM… again!

epicyclo

If it's any indication, some lads have built an igloo to camp in … 🙂

turneround

ahhh, just got up, went outside, drizzle and warm(ish)…nippin into garage to change to muds then nice breakie and over for the start….

great buzz at puffer ground zero last night…bring it on

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sat in the upper realms of the fire road id leave one ice spike on ….. Anything pointing down is polished slidy ….will cut up for us soloists after first lap though. going to be tough going though !

clareymorris

Guys much respect to you all – next year (I keep saying that).

We are just about to get out in the pouring rain here in Penrith but I have to say I'm not jealous of the ice, snow yes, but not ice!

Look forward to seeing the pictures 😀

doug_basqueMTB.com

Just been to the start, there looks to have been a huge thaw so it's going to be muddy! Good warm-ish wind blowing too which is good. Great to see such a big turn out despite the build up.

kennyp
    Free Member

Arethe latest positions online anywhere? I know they were last year.

MaryHinge
    Free Member
    MaryHinge
    Free Member

Is it just me that is captivated by looking at a list of times of people I've never met, riding in circles at a place I've never been to?

Think I need to get out more.

Mind you, I'm practically unable to do anything following my tennis elbow operation last week, so this is as exciting as it get for me for a couple of months.

Fair play to the riders, and diggers and organisers.

And that Alex Glasgow is flying still 😯

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers Mary, though to be honest I do know some of the folk,and I did do the race last year.

martinxyz
    Free Member

can anyone tell me where the start is this year? i am just about to head up there to take midnight pics ;O)

bedmaker

contin forestry car park martin

martinxyz
    Free Member

sound. wasnt looking forward to that drive down past the loch on the strathp side! the stars are out and the camera has been emptied of vids and crappy pics ..and i have slide film in the film camera.

trail_rat
    Free Member

And that Alex"british champ" Glasgow is flying still 😉

top 5 fastest laps i believe he got the prize for at the end !

allankelly

I think he had the top 3, but it was his quad team's 31st lap that was his fastest at 40 mins and some few seconds. Wow. On that course, in those conditions, that's skill, courage, strength… the whole thing.

I was delighted with 1h12!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i got about 50 for my 17th. its not on the timing sheets but jo/roberta/TJ and smee will verify because a combination of them were there when i set off at 8.22ish and returned and 9.10ish

Tore my own legs off for that – ran – shouted screamed and swore …. all chasing the invisible man – even twinklydave had something to say about the speed i was going at ….

turned out the man iwas chasing was in the pits enjoying being finished due to a bad back !

allankelly

Well, you did it. And all for a snow globe and a bottle of ale! My quaich from last year's still shining on the shelf…

Cheers, al.

trail_rat
    Free Member

haah i got 2 bottles of ale and 100 quid voucher for squarewheels al

shame i wanted a snowglobe 🙁

allankelly

£100!? Well, I'd no idea. That's dead generous – congratulations!
    al.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah wasnt quite what i had in mind when brian said it was "worth while"

epicyclo

trail_rat – Member
    yeah wasnt quite what i had in mind when brian said it was "worth while"

Yeah, sorry about that – was too sick in the lead up to come up with anything more ingenious.

Still, we'll probably have the Scottish Single Speed Champs at the Puffer Lite, so there will be time for us to find a snow globe supplier 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

lol im not complaining dont worry !

Do not tempt me with that sort of chat brian !

mtbcut
    Free Member

Here's the story of our weekend…. in video form :-)… hopefully it captures the vibe of the event..
    Click here

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Pics available now – Puffer pics

cullen-bay
    Free Member

right place right time, pic's dont seem to be up???

Alek
    Free Member

Seem to be working for me Cullen………give it another go.

AntM
    Free Member

RPRT- I click on Strathpuffer on your site and it sends me to the spanglefish/strathpuffer site??

cullen-bay
    Free Member

no way, RPRT site doesnt show strathpuffer gallery's on google chrome, but it does on firefox…

Alek
    Free Member

MTBcut – superb 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

not showing on firefox here…..

is it a flash coded site jon ? im having flash issues on ubuntu here so that could account for it

trail_rat
    Free Member

yup my wee asus doesnt like your site – got it on my pc though

cracking photos – except of me – i guess slow moving targets cant be made to look fast 😀 – im almost cracking a smile in all of them EXCEPT the prizegiving shot bah

mtbcut
    Free Member

Thanks Alek, Glad you like it… despite the lack of sleep and conditions we quite enjoyed ourselves…

jemima
    Free Member

Ace video there from MtbCut. Think you captured the spirit of the event very well.

carl
    Free Member

can anyone tell me the distance more or less of a lap at Strathpuffer.
    Thanks.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

6 miles carl

cullen-bay
    Free Member

oh and trail_rat, firefox on Ubuntu worked for me, whereas chrome on ubuntu didnt…

29erKeith
    Free Member

I should have some photos posted tonight (on flickr)
    free for anyone to have
    So if you had your photo taken coming down the final hill 50m up from the steps
    during the first lap or two, or at dawn, feel free to have a look.

I'll post a link once they're up

Alek
    Free Member

6 miles! are you sure?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 408 total)

The topic ‘Strathpuffer 2010 and all this snow’ is closed to new replies.