Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strathaven 50 today – anyone else ?
  • iainc

…apart from the almost 300 other riders ? a wee belter of a ride, warm, sunny, no wind, good route (apart from a few sketchy mud smeared bends and some seriously lumpy tarmac in places). Rode out and home and it was a joy to see all the families and kids doing the 15 miles when we were heading home. A big up to Dales Cycles, all the marshals and the food stop catering – yummy cakes galore

TheLaw
    Free Member

Aye, great wee event. Makes you wonder where all your entry money for the big name sportives go when this cost just 15 quid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

sportive = audax/fun event run for profit

…(and to some = a race 😉 )

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I happened on the route yesterday when out for a pootle and followed the signs round, it was lovely indeed. Sadly couldnt make it today but will look out for it next year 😀

radoggair
    Free Member

most people were at the scottish crit champs today i suspect. Another great race

GW
    Free Member

most people were at the scottish crit champs today i suspect.

😆

codybrennan
    Free Member

It was fun. I did the 50, then belted round the opposite side of the ‘Rig to meet my 9 yr old daughter, who was doing the 15.

She wants to do the 50 next year!

Proud dad moment.

Dales did well, Alan Doyle is a star.

iainc

It was fun. I did the 50, then belted round the opposite side of the ‘Rig to meet my 9 yr old daughter, who was doing the 15.

my kids are desperate to do the 15 so will plan something similar next year. As said above, superb value and quality cakes 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strathaven 50 today – anyone else ?’ is closed to new replies.