Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Strategy for outbidding rivals on a house purchase
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Yep, exchanged 🙂

Finally I get a garage and a garden larger than a carpet tile!

scaredypants

OP, you seem to be in a strong position in terms of being ready to go, so how about stressing that to the seller by making your offer contingent on early exchange, with a reduction if not

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

I got fed up of playin the guessing game and losing

So next house i saw i started viewing quickly and i played the perfect for raising a family card with the seller and then went back to my solicitor and said – ask them how much to take it off the market now (2 days after it went on market) they said 5k extra and i said deal.

Previous offer i put in on another house that went to closing in february last year i lost out by 80k – and i was already 8k over asking!

spacemonkey

ask them how much to take it off the market now

I asked the agent the same thing last week and he came back with “… the vendor won’t name a figure … he wants every interested party to submit their highest/final offer.”

so how about stressing that to the seller by making your offer contingent on early exchange, with a reduction if not

That could be a plan. I’ll see how land lies in the morning.

spacemonkey

Yep, exchanged

Finally I get a garage and a garden larger than a carpet tile!

Nice one John 🙂 Garages can make so many jobs that much easier.

BTW, just had our offer accepted. Went higher than we’d like but not as high as our cap. Needs a fair bit of work so projectmonkey mode now engaged 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Strategy for outbidding rivals on a house purchase’ is closed to new replies.