Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Strap on bottle cages, side entry ones- options?
  • scruff
    Free Member

I’m looking at my frame thinking I can get a bigger bottle on using a strap on side entry cage, but needs to be low profile mounting, there is an SKS not side one but seems to sit quite far away from the frame.

martinhutch

You can get strap on cage mount bosses and fit whatever bottle cage takes your fancy.

scaredypants

I’m wondering if a side-entry cage might just push the strap-mounts round when you try to insert a bottle.  Will prob still go in but you might end up repositioning and that’d piss me of after a while

kelvin

Sounds like the OP wants something that holds the bottle as close to the tube as possible, which strap on mounts with a standard cage bolted to it won’t achieve.

scruff
    Free Member

Kelvin, yes that. Its currently zip tied to the shock mount.

joemmo
    Free Member

Could something like the Fabric cageless bottle or Fidlock offer a solution?

konanige

No bottle mounts on mine either I went with ‘r3pro’ 3d printed mount. works great even mounted under my downtube.

kelvin

Does that fit any bike? And does the tape stay stuck? Looks useful.

JellyBabyLover
    Free Member

MT ZOOM do a good one, but I think you’ll need bolt holes: https://mtzoom.com/collections/cages-and-bottles/products/dual-sided-side-pull-cage

konanige

So far so good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Strap on bottle cages, side entry ones- options?’ is closed to new replies.