Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Strangest thing you have been called on a bike?
  • ski
    Free Member

Can only think of two, apart from the usual muffled abuse from passing cars.

“Cool Marin mate” from a school kid, I was riding an Inbred, slick insult, respect 😉

“Don’t splash us” from a group of walkers stood ankle high in the middle of a mother of all puddles, they got their wish.

stoney
    Free Member

“Nice bike apart from the pink bits…. Yer Greet Puff!!!!”

acjim
    Free Member

yesterday, teenager on a bmx; “gimp, gimp, gimp, gimp”

fair enough as I was lycra’d up on the road bike 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

hop.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Going up the Menock pass last w/e on roadie with mtb-borders tope on.

“Bet you wished you had 27 gears now”

jaybe1001
    Free Member

Got called a F*wit on a ride twice, consecutively by two different f*wits in cars.

Favourite was when biking though Melbourne at 6am Sunday on an organised ride, local drunks were all shouting “bum sniffers”. Quite original I thought.

Imprezarob
    Free Member

I got called a maniac once early one morning for riding on Brighton promenade instead of the cycle lane by a guy on a quadbike….. If MTB’s arent allowed on Brighton seafront, I’m pretty sure Quadbikes arent either!

It’s so frustrating when you think of something clever to say when the moments passed!

zaskar
    Free Member

Car driving towards me at speed when I use at speed so I only heard:
    “Oi you…”

Also Heard:

“Nice one”, “Speedy”, “Gay”, “w&nka” and “Nice Bike”.

Lootenant
    Free Member

On approaching from behind and passing a couple of ramblers around Rivi..

rambler 1 to rambler 2 – “They call them silent death those things”

Which was puzzling because I really wouldn’t have thought you could call either me or my bike ‘silent’, particularly when climbing.

rolymo
    Free Member

on a kmb ride, after not falling off, someone else said i was “good” 😕

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

a guy on a scooter(motorbike scooter) passed me on the other side of the road on my commute home and shouted “get a real bike”. quite ironic I thought!

catshoe
    Free Member

a few years ago, having a go round the world cup XC course in Les Gets – several days before the event. I was on my own, puffing up a real hard climb when I had to ride past a group of local farmers out with their shotguns. They took great delight in shouting very theatrically “Allez, allez, circulez….on y vas..“. etc etc. And gave me a TDF style push / boost up the hill. Which was great fun, and meant I really could not get off and walk up the rest of the hill no matter how much I wanted to

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Got called a ‘Fat Teletubbie’ as I was wearing my yellow jacket on the road bike by a Citroen AX with 3 spotty 17 year olds in it who then swerved in front on me when I gave them the bird almost knocking me off. They were forced to stop in traffic at lights. I dismounted, ran up to them and suggested that all 3 should get out. They wouldn’t. I was about to leave it when the one in the back called and signalled me a w4nker. So I tore off their NS wing mirror and left it on the bonnet of the now scared lads car to a round of applause from the pub garden opp the lights.

PS – I am 6ft 1″ and 18+ stone of flat nosed ex-rugby player!

I thank you!

hillsplease

A lass shouted i had a ‘nice arse’ yesterday on the ride home through Rusholme. I presume she had been drinking and was wearing mahoosive sunnies – but it cheered me up all the same.

A pleasant contrast with ‘you’re not allowed them up here’ on the W Lance Moors. Miserable blighters.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

They took great delight in shouting very theatrically “Allez, allez, circulez….on y vas..”. etc etc

I have had that in France as well – makes a pleasant change does from the abuse we sometimes get in the UK

devs
    Free Member

I passed some pissed up neds the other night in a subway. The sound of a ProII and echo was too much for one of them. “Ho, the boy’s got a bit of card in his spokes and thinks he’s on a motorbike.” I think the under my breath “Cock!” was a bit loud because he shut up straight away.

Nobby

Recently having been tempted to the dark side I was called a “two-wheeled c**t” on my second ride out.

I may have been offended if the ‘c0ck au van’ wasn’t smoking & talking on the phone at the same time and I hadn’t been in a marked cycle lane.

tommo999
    Free Member

Whenever shouted at by chavs, a favourite reply is

“Does your mum know you’re out?”

if they reply “yeah why” or the like, a reply of

“Well you won’t mind if I go round and f*** her then” usually gets a torrent of abuse, but believe me is so funny you can’t help but laugh at whatever comes next!

Try it, you might like it 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Me and Terrahawk got called W@nkers the other week by some old dear who had just escaped from the day care centre or the pub.

The strangest thing I ever got called was a “race whippet” by occassional forum botherer Rammyrunner. Ha ha ha ha ha etc…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Got called a ‘Fat Teletubbie’ as I was wearing my yellow jacket on the road bike by a Citroen AX with 3 spotty 17 year olds in it who then swerved in front on me when I gave them the bird almost knocking me off. They were forced to stop in traffic at lights. I dismounted, ran up to them and suggested that all 3 should get out. They wouldn’t. I was about to leave it when the one in the back called and signalled me a w4nker. So I tore off their NS wing mirror and left it on the bonnet of the now scared lads car to a round of applause from the pub garden opp the lights.

PS – I am 6ft 1″ and 18+ stone of flat nosed ex-rugby player!

I thank you!

You are my hero. Yes really. I wish I had the guts to do that.
    🙂

naokfreek
    Free Member

Many, but the few i remember are

are you security?
    sick bike!!
    nice bum
    lunatic
    see you enn tea
    rude
    and arsehole

none as good as ganster though, man that made me laugh!

abductee
    Free Member

“Flash Gordon” because I had a flashing light on whilst commuting. He was drunk and setting off fireworks in other peoples gardens so I didn’t stop for a chat.

naokfreek
    Free Member

must remberber how to sepll

RealMan
    Free Member

Also had a lad shout “wow a two legged bike” at us a couple of days before.

Made me laugh.

Had a spectator at the last gorrick event shout “you’ve got the job mate” every time I passed him (3 times).

Perhaps this had something to do with it..

Still, it got a bit boring after the 1st time.

amosridl
    Free Member

I’ve had “Ya plastic frenchie” ?, no idea.

The locals are quite dense round here though so usually I just get a loud “Aye…ya..aye…f***..aye” whilst they try to think of something funny.

Night riding round the local country park/drinking spot I nearly always get an “Alrighty Lance” “want a drink?” and 99% positive stuff.

Me and the chavs are tight fo sho.

mrsflash
    Free Member

coming back from a night ride once we passed a guy just coming back from the pub at chucking out time. He was obviously a bit worse for wear and said he thought we were aliens.

RustySpanner

Stood by the side of the path over the top of Conwy Mountain on Saturday to let people past, we heard one of the passing walkers say ‘It’s like Toys’r’Us out here today’. 🙂

Quite witty, I thought.

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Strangest thing you have been called on a bike?’ is closed to new replies.