Strangest thing you have been called on a bike?

Home Forum Bike Forum Strangest thing you have been called on a bike?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Strangest thing you have been called on a bike?
  • Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

As I was riding in this morning, one of the Hulme hippies ran past in the other direction and shouted “SENSI!!!!” really loud in my face.

I believe this is reference to a potent strain of marijuana. Why he was shouting at me, I have no idea

Heather Bash

You sure it wasn’t something else ending in er? 😉

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

binners – did you still have the “stop me and buy one” sign switched on ?

richpips

A crappy motorist once called me a “Yorkshire Pudding”.

Jamie

Nothing out the ordinary, usual pleasantries like **** once or twice. Not an imaginative lot round my way i guess.

taka

{banned for this} who the {swear filter evasion tactic} do you think you are,you nearly killed my dog! ect… lots 😉

Fuzzyfelt

Billy Elliot. Quiet street early in the morning on the way to work a while back, shouted out of a white-van. Nobody else around. It took a while, but I guess it was a ref’ to a ‘male’ in tights! Made me smile.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Had a claxon blasted at me by some chav knob a few weeks back. Couldn’t hear it that well as my iPod was too loud.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Actually, this weekend was quite amusing – 3 of us stood checking a map and this kid about 9 or 10 on a bike too small for him rides up …

“Nice helmets, GAYS” he shouts, sprinting off. We p1ssed ourselves!

bent_udder

Rather nice looking young lady in the passenger seat of a Beetle, about 15 years ago shouted ‘Lucky saddle!’ at me. Every time I get abuse from some eejit (Usually shouting from the passenger side of a ropey Nova ’round this way) I think of that lass and maintain my state of zen clam as a result.

ianpinder

I don’t get called anything, could be something to do with me being so big….

thebone

someone called me ‘monkey bum’ once!!!

Moses

I got “Nice bum” from some girls, when I was cycling through town.
    It cheered me up.

Mister P

I was riding home last night on my roadie when I rode past a lad on a BMX. As I rode past he called me “gangster” (probably spelt gangsta these days?)

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

A couple of odd ones, both at around 7 am on a Sunday, as I headed out to the hills:

1. Chavs drinking beer outside a house: “You’re up early”

2. Chavs – clearly still pilled – leaning out of a mini cab window: “Arrrgh! You beast”

It must be a trait of the lower orders that they have a straneg desire to vocalise their limited cognitive functionality….

Mister P

I was once told by a woman in a car that she could see my bum. It wasn’t until I got home that I realised she actually could see my bum as my lycra had worn through 😳

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

A “f##king tresspasser” whilst riding on the road, by some knob who promptly slid his volvo off the road on some ice!
    A very odd encounter.
    Shropshire farmers eh! you can’t beat a six fingered banjo player!

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

Rode up the wrekin on Christmas morning, pass a collection of barbour clad rural folk. One middle aged woman says – ‘Oh look, a lycra lout!’
    I was going at a snails pace, what with the climb and a serious hangover, and just said ‘What a rude thing to say on Christmas day’. She was embarrassed and said sorry.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

Oh and i beleave that calling some one “gangsta” is a mark of respect.

trailmonkey

A “f##king tresspasser” whilst riding on the road, by some knob who promptly slid his volvo off the road on some ice!
    A very odd encounter.
    Shropshire farmers eh! you can’t beat a six fingered banjo player!

😆 8)

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Got called a “****” by a female who was dog walking. I was so shocked that I laughed and then got a torrent of abuse 😯

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

We had a good one on a night ride last year. We’d stopped for liquid refreshment at a local hostelry, when some girls, clearly on a hen do, simply shouted “OI!!” then showed us their norks.

That kind of thing never happens in real life normally

zokes

Fit. This baffled me somewhat……

tommo999

Strangely I find its usually me calling everyone else names. Especially when coming into work, there’s a roundabout where I always catch a numpty who almost hit me. It must be hilarious for the walkers listening to me shouting every other day!

joemarshall

When I used to have long blonde hair and look a bit effeminate*, I often got dodgy geezers shouting ‘can I sniff your seat luv’.

Joe

*as opposed to my current intimidating he-man short hair look

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

Rode past a local jump spot the other week on the tandem and had a yoot shout “yo, you sickers” at us while doing some kind of gangsta hand signal.

Also had a lad shout “wow a two legged bike” at us a couple of days before.

TimP

I was overtaken on my comute through London by a bloke on a full road bike (in lycra) whilst struggling up hill from a set of traffic lights on my singlespeed. As he passed he called out “Hurry up Mr Arbuckle”
    I am assuming he was calling me fat (and not refering to the rape and manslaughter cases – honestly I never done it!). I know I could lose a few pounds but it was mid winter so I was all covered up with a big fleece and I have comically skinny calves (the only bit of me I was brave enough to show off in the cold).

Oh and I caught him at the next set of lights and took a tow off him all the way in which REALLY annoyed him

‘Fu<kin edjits’ by an estate worker, while we descended the open moor singletrack, whilst they were heather burning the place.

Schmokin!

😆

trailmonkey

When I was a kid growing up in Brum, the favoured expression to shout at cyclists was ” Get off and milk it ”

tang

joe marshall, i have long hair and (according to my wife) nice legs(in a slim tanned sense). loads of learing/comments from blokes in vans as they overtake and quite a surprised look when my stubbley face turns round.
    also my commute has a alpine style switchback climb, which often gets,’wanna lift’, ‘go on my son'(when theyre clear on my my gender) and once ‘you dick’ which on balance held some truth when i thought about it. hot day, long climb, grown man on a bike…

When we descended Snowdon last year we were called “Murderers” by some crazed female rambler…

(I think one of my mates past within about 2 metres of her and scared her a bit)

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

“Prick” or “****” are the most original and witty suggestions the locals can muster

thomthumb

local chavs seem to like to shout “cycle”

whether this is an instruction, or a bit of “say what you see” remains a mystery!

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

i got ‘oi who do you think you are, streethawk?’

as i commuted home past a pub at night, i think it was the LED lights, helmet gloves etc

it annoyed me for a moment and then decided i quite liked it really

Premier Icon Shandy
    Subscriber

I was walking the dog on the tow path the other day, loads of people around. A couple of beer bellied chavs on bikes started shouting some “witticisms” at the canoeists – “Do a 360” etc etc. Having got everybody’s attention, the lead chav was clearly delighted with himself and had a big smirk on his face.

The canoe instructor then replied “you give us a wheelie first then, you fat c*nt”, everybody in earshot was cracking up. The chavs took it in good part, it was nice to see people giving and receiving a good slagging without it getting aggressive.

TandemJeremy

Out on the tandem folk seem to think that they need to pass comment.

We get ” shes not pedalling at the back” virtually every ride.

The funniest tho was passing a bunch of builders who broke into a chorus of “Daisy Daisy”* – why on earth did they know that song?

Chavs reactions are often funny – they start of laughing then clock the build of the bike – “cor its got Bombers” and we often get real respect from them. Rather amusing.

* for those who don’t know it:

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
    I’m half crazy all for the love of you
    It won’t be a stylish marriage
    I can’t afford a carriage
    But you’ll look sweet upon the seat
    Of a bicycle built for two

richc

I get often get ‘your wheels are going around’ which is odd

mrsflash

I got “ooooh that one’s a GIRL” a few years ago, made me chuckle.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Strangest thing you have been called on a bike?’ is closed to new replies.