Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strangest thing that's given you a flattie?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Sundays ride was cut short by my first puncture in years. I couldn’t get the rear tyre off to fix it so had to be rescued by car(previous owner had had a go a going tubeless and somehow welded the tyre to the rim 😐 ). So i get home and manage to get the tyre off and fix the rather impressive hole. Did the usual tyre check to see what caused this void, half expecting to spend a few minutes and perhaps find nothing as i’d ploughed through some deadfall that was blocking the trail and believed i’d pinched on a log or something. Nope. Easiest find ever. A 30mm long, sun bleached animal bone. That’s a first for me.

Ever had a puncture caused by a bone? Maybe something more obscure?

Junkyard
    Free Member

riding across a completely open and miles from a road in all directions – iirc it was Cowgills decent- a screw through my tyre – no blemishes to said screw at all it looked brand new.

scaredypants

Oh,

I was going to say “spotting a photo of my mother in law while on the job”

anyway, carry on

AlexSimon

I once had a 1.25″ thick branch go straight in! (Fire XC tyre).
    It was a large group in Delamere.
    First remark was – “I think you’d better run your fingers around inside in case it was a thorn”

yunki
    Free Member

Most days I take the kids along the 3 mile seafront, on the way home from town/beach/park etc and the gulls here have a habit of dropping mussels onto the path to get them open..

I’ve had a puncture from broken shell before

smatkins1
    Free Member

My dad once blew the rear tyre up on his bike whilst driving across France when I was little. He positioning his bike on the bike rack such that the reat wheel hung in front of the exhaust.

It made an impressive bang. It had been fine on previous trips where the wheel was free to spin. He tied it up this time though as he thought the spinning wheel would melt the grease in the hub.

scaredypants

actually, if we’re on car-related(ish) ones:

When I was a kid a lion bit through both rear tyres of my dad’s car at Lambton lion park and we had to be rescued by a man with a rifle

Beat that, motherhubbards !

bails

When I was a kid a lion bit through both rear tyres of my dad’s car at Lambton lion park and we had to be rescued by a man with a rifle

Beat that, motherhubbards !

Well, my granddad took us on holiday once…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strangest thing that's given you a flattie?’ is closed to new replies.