Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Strange week- house burgled then…
  • ads-b
    Free Member

Ok. Will fess up. I left the back door open when I went to bed on Monday.

Thieving sh!t took 2 laptops, iPad, iPhone, wallet, keys, and various bits and pieces.

Got a call from the police this morning. Whilst the local rescue dogs were training they sniffed out ALL my possessions.

Been blessed. Lesson learnt.

stox
    Free Member

Where were yr possessions found?

ads-b
    Free Member

They robbed more houses than they could carry stuff so buried some of it in the woods in the college next door. Just happens that’s where they train rescue dogs (which in Hertfordshire is a bit bizarre in itself)

cranberry
    Free Member

time to pop down to the police kennels with a box of the canine version of Whiskas Temptations as a thank you.

ads-b
    Free Member

The dogs are getting a guest appearance in the local paper apparently.

samuri
    Free Member

nice.

allthepies
    Free Member

Buy a lottery ticket tomorrow 😉

Was burgled a few weeks back, the thieving scummers didn’t get much but the whole experience costs ££ + mental agro.

grum
    Free Member

Amazing story! Might get £500 from a tabloid for that if you don’t mind having your mug in the paper (and everyone knowing you leave our door open 😛 )

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Nice story.
    hope you’ve learned to improve security.
    Shame the scumbags didn’t get nicked though, or mauled by a police dog.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I had my house broken into and car stolen in the space of two weeks this time last year. Last week I got a phone call from the police in Austria letting me know that the engine had turned up in Graz. 😐

enfht
    Free Member

Wow what a bonus.

Where abouts in Herts and which woods?

Riksbar

This

Ok. Will fess up. I left the back door open when I went to bed on Monday.

always gets me. Does this mean that most nights when I lock up some scumbag comes round and tests the doors?

njee20
    Free Member

That was exactly my thought, but I didn’t like to dwell on it too much…

grum
    Free Member

But did he mean unlocked or actually wide open?

njee20
    Free Member

Even so, I’d hope there aren’t shits walking past within view of my door. Admittedly I don’t know the OP’s locale.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I’d get me a metal detector or retired police dog and head into the woods who knows what you might find…

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Why not a PIR activated camera and some kind of alert system at the location of the stash? Detect and identify the culprits when coming back to collect the loot.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Should have kept quiet and let the attack dogs stake out the woods! That would have been a much better story and then both dog teams get some fun and celebrity.

jock-muttley

I do like the scenarios on those “police, video cop traffic drug squad” programmes where the toe rag screams a load of verbal defiance about how hard he is at the coppers then ends up howling like a baby “getitoffgetitoffgetitoff” when the police ( after plenty of warning ) unleash their “furry crocodile” on the miscreant.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Strange week- house burgled then…’ is closed to new replies.