Strange rash.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Strange rash.
  • Rockhopper
    Member

    In true singletrack tradition I’ll ask here rather than seeing my Doctor but does anyone know what this rash might be on my leg? I went for a walk yesterday and I assumed I must have brushed against some kind of plant but I had long trousers on.

    Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

    Stage 4 Cats Aids

    Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

    It looks like the really bad kind, too…

    Rockhopper
    Member

    Yeh, that’s what I assumed it might be.

    Houns
    Member

    New boots/socks/washing powder?

    tjagain
    Member

    Cow parsley / giant hogweed? If it doesn’t settle quickly get proper advice.

    Rockhopper
    Member

    You might be right TJ, lots of plants with little white flowers where I was walking, it was very wet as well so maybe the sap has soaked into my trousers. The rash doesn’t look as bad as some of the photos I’ve just googled thankfully! Might just put some antihistamine cream on it.

    Premier Icon Greybeard
    Subscriber

    Might just put some antihistamine cream on it.

    If TJ’s suggestion is correct, you’d be better with high factor sunscreen. Whatever, keep it out of the sun.

    Might just put some antihistamine cream on it.

    Sudocrem, obviously.

    Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

    Giant Hogweed burns are horrendous that looks like some mild agitation to something as opposed to the burns they do.

    towzer
    Member

    When I got hogweeded I got lots of little bubble blisters that wept yellow puss, so if it develops into that……..

    Vader
    Member

    It looks like the top of the sock elastic has protected a strip across the shin. Whatever the agitant was didn’t pass through. Weird but plausible

    Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

    dibs on your bikes

    Very good chance that is a photosensitive reaction to plant sap, as above. Long socks and high factor sunscreen needed.

    Rockhopper
    Member

    Correct about where the top of my sock was I think! It’s looking much better this morning which is good. It doesn’t hurt or itch and I only noticed it when I was getting ready to go out yesterday.
    I hope it’s not photo sensitive though as I’m a habitual shorts wearer normally.
    Thanks for all the help and advice and I’ll be more careful next time I’m out!

    CountZero
    Member

    that wept yellow puss

    Is that the one that was sat on the top of my shed the other day?

    yellow puss

    Sudocrem. Again.

    CountZero
    Member

    Doubt that’s giant hogweed, the blisters and burns are far worse from contact with that plant…

    Sudocrem. Again.

    #highfive! (In auto-Sergei voice)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.