Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Strange rash.
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

In true singletrack tradition I’ll ask here rather than seeing my Doctor but does anyone know what this rash might be on my leg? I went for a walk yesterday and I assumed I must have brushed against some kind of plant but I had long trousers on.

MoreCashThanDash

Stage 4 Cats Aids

fadda

It looks like the really bad kind, too…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rockhopper
    Free Member

Yeh, that’s what I assumed it might be.

Houns

New boots/socks/washing powder?

kayak23

tjagain

Cow parsley / giant hogweed? If it doesn’t settle quickly get proper advice.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

You might be right TJ, lots of plants with little white flowers where I was walking, it was very wet as well so maybe the sap has soaked into my trousers. The rash doesn’t look as bad as some of the photos I’ve just googled thankfully! Might just put some antihistamine cream on it.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Might just put some antihistamine cream on it.

If TJ’s suggestion is correct, you’d be better with high factor sunscreen. Whatever, keep it out of the sun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might just put some antihistamine cream on it.

Sudocrem, obviously.

Drac

Giant Hogweed burns are horrendous that looks like some mild agitation to something as opposed to the burns they do.

towzer

When I got hogweeded I got lots of little bubble blisters that wept yellow puss, so if it develops into that……..

Vader
    Free Member

It looks like the top of the sock elastic has protected a strip across the shin. Whatever the agitant was didn’t pass through. Weird but plausible

maccruiskeen

dibs on your bikes

martinhutch

Very good chance that is a photosensitive reaction to plant sap, as above. Long socks and high factor sunscreen needed.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Correct about where the top of my sock was I think! It’s looking much better this morning which is good. It doesn’t hurt or itch and I only noticed it when I was getting ready to go out yesterday.
    I hope it’s not photo sensitive though as I’m a habitual shorts wearer normally.
    Thanks for all the help and advice and I’ll be more careful next time I’m out!

CountZero

that wept yellow puss

Is that the one that was sat on the top of my shed the other day?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

yellow puss

Sudocrem. Again.

CountZero

Doubt that’s giant hogweed, the blisters and burns are far worse from contact with that plant…

Sudocrem. Again.

#highfive! (In auto-Sergei voice)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Strange rash.’ is closed to new replies.