Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Strange Google Map images
  • fasthaggis

At lunchtime a colleague was talking about sailing ,and how he would like to go up to Shetland sometime.
    He had heard that a wee place called Voe was a nice place to anchor so he google mapped it.
    Considering how small Voe is,it was a surprise to see what was going on outside the Pierhead Bar
    If you type Voe Shetland in google maps, then land the camera on the 0 of the B9071 .
    Spin round and behold! work safe BTW honest 🙂

GrahamS

this?

Stag doo?

fasthaggis

Stag doo?

Probably ,going by the bus up the road .It was just a strange scene to find by accident 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl

My uncle is on street view stood outside his house smoking a pipe. They should publicise when they do it so you can do crazy shit when they pass. Was dismayed to find recently that they updated my street and my car was in the drive so I was actually in.

fasthaggis

Of course once you search strange Google Map images,there is a whole world of weirdiness out there 🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Attempt to find your car, apart from on your drive.

fasthaggis

It’s not that slow a day 🙂

My favourite…

johndoh
    Free Member

My fave…

johndoh
    Free Member

Seems its popular

EDIT – just noticed it’s the same people 🙂

CountZero

Love the cat! straight off a Middle ages manuscript! 😆

jekkyl

It’s a great resource, I love it when you’re tracking where to turn for a bike ride and the weather changes from a beautiful sunny day to snow down the same road.

DezB
    Free Member

Super heroes can’t meet in popular public places, obviously.

fasthaggis

clubber
    Some of those are a bit nuts 🙂

I like the ones that you find by accident.
    I was looking at a road in Wales and saw two cyclists,zoomed in, I knew them 😯

Freester

Good thread. Slight diversion.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

No that strange, but my Tuesday Night ride group is on Streetview at our meet-point:

How cool is that?

GrahamS

Good thread. Slight diversion.

Slight diversion from that diversion: I notice one of the most read stories on that site is a stereotypical reader’s letter about “so-called cyclists” and apparently “We should ban them all together for the safety of the majority” – top work 😀

globalti
    Free Member

So what do you think happened here?

http://goo.gl/maps/eTkU7

Rider drops bike on a steep hill, heads towards JCB for help, sees there’s no driver so turns and heads back to bike?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a look at Russel Square in London…… 😉

bedmaker

My house, with building work ongoing next door. When giving directions, we used to tell people to come into the street and ours was the house with the bikes lying around 🙂
    I’m behingd the van

Freester

Slight diversion from that diversion: I notice one of the most read stories on that site is a stereotypical reader’s letter about “so-called cyclists” and apparently “We should ban them all together for the safety of the majority” – top work

Good spot haven’t had one of those on my local rag for at least a week or so. I must admit I don’t even notice them anymore.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh tagged for laters, ta

parkesie
    Free Member

Super heroes stag doo who cares some one has a floating shed.

maccruiskeen

Rider drops bike on a steep hill, heads towards JCB for help, sees there’s no driver so turns and heads back to bike?

JCB driver, now wearing bikers clothes, prepares to steal bike having just killed and buried rider.

shermer75
    Free Member

Have a look at Russel Square in London……

The tube station or the actual square?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

OP, I think thats normal for Shetland.

fasthaggis

Yup,those crazy oil dudes and their pub crawls 🙂

MrGreedy

Never mind the stag party, kudos to the OP for finding some trees on Shetland!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Strange Google Map images’ is closed to new replies.