Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Straight pull lacing pattern
  • eulach

Is there anything other than standard 3x that’s aesthetically or structurally beneficial?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t a straight pull pattern defined by the hub flanges?

midlifecrashes

Ah, I think you’ve got the terminology mixed up. You probably mean radial lacing, where spokes head directly to rim, do not pass go, cross other spokes or collect £200. There is another thing where the spokes don’t have a j-bend (hence straight pull), go into a funny slot on the rim and the nipple is tightened at the hub end in another funny slot. These straight pull spokes could be laced with any number of crosses too.

eulach

Onzadog is right – I don’t have any choice, the spokes will go where the hub sends them.
    Next question – what lacing pattern does a hope pro 2 evo sp hub give me? I’d used the default 3x in the spoke calc.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I had a set of SP hope hoops, they were standard 3x lacing.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Radial spokage will not work with disc brakes; fine for rim, though.

MrPottatoHead

I’ve seen a couple of Scott bikes with radial lacing and discs – the Speedster and Speedster CX. I’d always thought this was a bad idea too so interesting that they’ve gone this way.

eulach

Thanks, davewalsh.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I’ve seen a couple of Scott bikes with radial lacing and discs – the Speedster and Speedster CX. I’d always thought this was a bad idea too so interesting that they’ve gone this way.

The front lacing isn’t quite straight, pairs of spokes appear to cross at the hub flange. I think it is 1/2 cross – the hub flange holes are not staggered but level on each side, so there is a small amount of lead/trail. Strange.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Radial spokage will not work with disc brakes

It’ll work. How long it’ll last is another matter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Straight pull lacing pattern’ is closed to new replies.