Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Stovetrackworld – how much do you pay for seasoned logs?
  • burko73

I’m in the new forest. NFFCo.

29erKeith
    Free Member

burko73, that’s good to know when I need some next, didn’t know NFF did logs too, despite getting plenty from you over the years.

I live just round the corner from what I guess is the bosses place, I pass most days on the bike (car reg’s give it away and the work t-shirts)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You need to live opposite a tame tree surgeon Ross.

burko73

We’re The New Forest Firewood Company not New Forest Fuels which I guess is the wood chip operation at Meyrics?

We’re google-able.

R

29erKeith
    Free Member

Ahh actually I though you might have been New forest fencing and it was a by product, might be in contact next year (got plenty of wood for the moment)

burko73

Keith, no probs. The log order email is on the website. Sure we’ll do you a deal…..

granny_ring

rosscopeco, where do you buy those cuts from?

madeupname
    Free Member

burko73 – Member

Keith, no probs. The log order email is on the website. Sure we’ll do you a deal…..

Is that an offer to all STWers?

samuri
    Free Member

£70 a cubic metre round ours. If your stove can take it, get some bags of coal as well. Burns long time.

castanea
    Free Member

I sell firewood as a sideline to being an arborist. I sell a loose cube of seasoned logs(~15-20% moisture content) for £80 delivered. Two cube for £150. Five for £300. Its mixed hardwood softwood and works out about 70/30 respectively. Mostly it is stacked in the yard for ~a year and then split and stored in the shed for another 6 months before selling.

The prices of logs here(Edinburgh) can vary so greatly from now until christmas and every year it seems that my new customers whinge about the price until December somepoint and then once the upstarts/gypos have run out or start selling freshly cut unseasoned stuff they are more than happy to pay the 80quid.

trail_rat
    Free Member

That would be if your flue can take it samuri. Mixing coal and wood produces corrosive nasties

metalheart
    Free Member

Trail rat, where you getting your wood from?

I’ve recently moved house (a bit further west than you now) and have a burner again but no stocks…

Cheers, mh.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The lads at connon fuels laurencekirk do the bulk . More you buy the cheaper it is per unit , works out no bad.

I also get some off camphill school

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Stovetrackworld – how much do you pay for seasoned logs?’ is closed to new replies.