Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stove help please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Cast fire bricks in my stove. Rear one is knackered. I ordered and have received the replacements. I cannot get the old ones out for love nor money! The only way I can see is two bolts that remove the back off the stove. Surely this isn’t the solution?
    Firewarm 4 stove is the make.

kcal

With my stove it’s a case of removing the side bricks (and probably the riddle grate, and baffle brick too).. but my stove’s not a Firewarm..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Took out the baffle. This sits into a ledge cast in the rear brick. I even unbolted the air wash system from the front yo hopefully swing the two side ones inwards but they’re still behind the front lip. Bricks/plates are correct because they are genuine parts and the same shape/size! 👿

globalti
    Free Member

Tried looking for a pdf on the manufacturer’s website? Youtube video?

wrightyson
    Free Member

No joy..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Last bump for the morning lot.

Stoner
    Free Member

have you not given firewarm a call in Oirland?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sent them an email. What’s the call charges like from a mobile? Any ideas?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Less time on here, more time tackling the problem is my suggestion 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Come on twinwall you’re a stove man, any ideas?
    I’ve had a morning sorting things for work which has involved the need to check the Internet.
    I’m putting off snagging the painters work 🙄

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My suggestion would be to put it on ebay and put the cash towards a Little Thurlow for M/F or Contura 51L, the best woodburner “in the world” {in a Jeremy Clarkson voice}.
    Sorry never replaced the internals on a firewarm, but if you post some pics i may be able to point you in the right direction.
    As for the Aldi question can’t help, never been in a supermarket. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stove help please.’ is closed to new replies.