Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Stove fans…. The ones that go round and round
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Having knocked out kitchen through into the snug the (8kw) stove is now at one end of a 19m room.
    Will a stove fan help persuade the heat to move down the room or not really.

TomB

We got given one, seems to really help even out the room temperature.

neilnevill
    Free Member

i have them, i reckon they help get heat out of a fireplace but the draft does move air far, 19m? doubt it would make much difference but try a cheap one. I have a cheap one and a valiant, they look identical and the heap one shifts noticeably more air, so I’d say get a £25 cheapy.

bearnecessities

Researched to the end of the earth – high end and low end options. I ended up buying a cheapo Aldi job for £20 whilst perusing the aisle of dreams.

Definitely makes a difference and worth the money; not sure what more expenditure would get me. Gratuitous photo of a nearly-normal living room 🙂

phil5556

We bought a £15 Amazon one and using it for the second time tonight.

I’m far too hot, I have no idea if that’s because the fan has done its job or if I built the fire too big.

Edit: I’m going to aim in the other way tomorrow and see if I’m colder.

Drac

Yup make a difference not sure in a room that size but worth a punt, el cheapo here too.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Got one a couple of weeks ago.

Made a huge difference to the whole downstairs of the house. Quite surprising.

And a bit of heat is now going upstairs too.

It will certainly make a difference for you.

We got an expensive one. Didn’t know you could get em for 20 quid. Will get a cheapy for the kitchen stove.

bigblackshed

Aldi have a cheap one in the Isle of Shite from Thursday.

And yes, they do make a difference.

granny_ring

Another Aldi one here, not seen them on there for a while though.
    LOL edit

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-stove-fan/p/021240314575200

neilnevill
    Free Member
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The stove I got is a convection stove, didn’t notice any improvement of hot air flow with addition of a fan (Aldi Wtf aisle)

siwhite
    Free Member

I bought two of the Aldi fans this week and they are noticeably better than our Ecofan.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Our fan certainly seems to help shift the warmth about. Can’t offer objective evidence for that, mind ewe.

alibongo001

I bought another this week, the Aldi one for £16 I think

Seems as well made as the £20 one I bought a while ago and might work a little better (faster spinning for the same temperature & starts at a lower temp)

I would definitely get another

mikejd

Could one of these be used to push hot air out of a doorway into another room? Kitchen gets too hot and would be useful to spread the heat to another room.

alibongo001

Yes if they are pointed the right way.

Depends on the distance involved – more of a push than a blow.

neilnevill
    Free Member

A very much more effective way to move heat a long way around a house is to use an electric fan. Put it in the cold area and set it up to blow the cold (and denser) air toward the warm room/stove. It will displace the warm air and push that out toward the cold spot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Stove fans…. The ones that go round and round’ is closed to new replies.