Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Stormproof Trampoline
  • dmorts

Do trampolines exist that will withstand windy, stormy weather? I’d like to get one for the kids but we get really strong winds through our garden, especially in the winter but sometimes in summer too. There are some more sheltered spots that would suit the trampoline but it would be best if it could be stored/flattened over winter.

fossy

Ours was up all the time, but it was a slightly more expensive one that was very sturdy. We eventually sold it many years later. Heavy ones don’t tend to move in the wind.

scaredypants

you can get stakes (actually more like screws) that you fix into the ground & then tether to the legs. Worked for ours, though it’s also quite a heavy thing

matt_outandabout

Stake it down.
    Take net off.
    We put ours away for a few months each winter.

andy4d

Yep. Once ours was staked down well it was fine. Only issue we had was mowing the grass around the stakes/underneath that avoided the constant moving/taking up of the stakes…..and as mentioned watch out for the net, we never took ours off and ended up with many a bent pole in heavy winds.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Put it at ground levels over a pot.

Skating rink for the winder aswell.

binners

Stormproof Trampoline are in session for Marc Riley on 6 Music next week

goldfish24

Just took them out yesterday as trampoline has gone

hardly a ringing endorsement…

twistedpencil

Dig a hole, put the trampoline in the hole. Sorted. It just takes a lot of digging…

So much digging…

But in 7years its not gone anywhere.

beej

Stormproof Trampoline are in session for Marc Riley on 6 Music next week

Was just about to reply… “good name for a band”

escrs
    Free Member

In winter i drop the safety net down which is a 5 min job, then ive got 4 sand bags that i put over each lower leg and it hasnt moved in 3 years

Did used to peg it down but the garden can get quite saturated in winter and they could pull out if they were not in staked in deep enough

argee

As others say, use the corkscrew tether posts supplied, having a power tool to drive them in helps, then strap them down, i also have a couple of ground anchors that have straps on them as well, mine has gone nowhere in 3 years, neighbours one came over to mine, one further down the street moved a few houses, tethering and tamping them is just basic management of stopping it leaving your garden and having fall outs with neighbours!

oldtennisshoes

dander

Noticed ours was moving in high wind – heavy duty ground anchors from Amazon secured it. Leave it up all year.

dmorts

Thanks, those ground anchors and some straps seem the way to go. In general, can trampolines be dismantled for storage smaller than their “size”? Seems essentially you’d still be left with a 8ft circular frame to store, unless every spring was undone?

matt_outandabout

Yes, ours just pushed together and fell apart without the springs and tramp on.
    It takes a while, but it’s not difficult.

fasthaggis

^^love that clip,” Was there a child in it?” 😆 🤣 😂

5lab

We’ve a sunken trampoline. Kids love it as it’s easier to get on and off. Digging wasn’t too bad, getting rid of the soil was a ballache. Good excuse to rent a minidigger for a day

johndoh
    Free Member

We’re on our second trampoline… The first one gave us many years of service and I made sure I partially dismantled it over winter (being in a pretty exposed spot like the OP). However, it was quite time-consuming and sometimes we were caught out by storms and it eventually succumbed. So when we replaced it last year, we got one with an ‘Easy-Store’ net – it just takes a couple of minutes to undo the retaining bolts and it folds down onto itself (similar for putting it back up).

When it comes to over-wintering I have a cover for it too.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh, I forgot to say, we use the ground anchors in winter as mentioned above too (during the summer we take them out so we can move it around the lawn to avoid dead patches).

kayak23

Digging wasn’t too bad, getting rid of the soil was a ballache

You could have just buried it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.