Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)
  • Storm Ciara
  • snaps
    Free Member

Not much rain but very windy on Exmoor.

Looks bad up north

Drac

Oooh! That looks really bad Binners. 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

Perfectly normal winter weather here.

Taken the dog out for a fly this morning.

tjagain

bit windy and showers in Sunny leith – actually sunny right now

Drac

Sunny in Leith? That is some freaky weather.

swavis

A few gusts up here in Aberlour but nothing too unusual for this time of year. It has picked up a bit in the last half hour or so though.
    Stay safe those of you in firing line.

nickc

Cheers Rusty, thanks for taking the time to check, really appreciate it. 👍

I’ll stay put in Manc

tjagain

Actually Drac its called Sunny Leith for a reason – only a few little bits of the UK get more sunshine!

RustySpanner

No worries fella.
    Sunshine and clear skies now!

Good luck.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Steady in North Yorkshire, nowt to write home about

binners

Someone’s just posted up this drone footage of what was until this morning our local park and cricket club and is all now part of the river Irwell

https://www.facebook.com/groups/whatsoninramsbottom/permalink/2856843481028369/

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just seen folk putting their plastic recycling wheelie bin out. Thick bastards.

Best of luck all of you in those flood affected areas. 😔

Drac

Actually Drac its called Sunny Leith for a reason – only a few little bits of the UK get more sunshine!

Don’t steal my fun sponge badge.

kelvin

its called Sunny Leith for a reason

Who’s singing the song to themselves now?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Portland Bill was pretty epic. And more packed in the car park than a summer Bank Holiday. Gusting to 70 according to my wind gauge.

plus-one

Drac

selwynd
    Free Member

Blowing a gale in the chilterns- just back from 25miles with the mates – riders of the storm!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I assume you mean north and south of the border with that photo

RustySpanner

And we’re off again. 😶

crazy-legs

Relatively calm and clear here now. About lunchtime it was as though someone had flicked a switch to turn off the torrential rain and howling wind.

A few minor bits of flooding on some of the road dips, a couple of branches off a few trees but nothing too serious. The river level is very high but it’s in a steep gorge so it gets all the run off very quickly, there’s no actual flood danger.

Things look pretty awful in Mytholmroyd. 🙁

Alex

Hebden/etc looked bad. Hope it’s calmed down a bit.

Running repairs completed on shed roof

Emergency roof repairs

Emergency roof repairs

Emergency roof repairs

Full H&S in evidence there 🙂

Yak

Been a close miss here in the South Downs. Electricity team were out just down the road to fix a broken line and a big tree came down on their van with them in. Luckily they got out uninjured. Brave work.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Wow! Just had a simultaneous lightning flash and thunder clap. Very impressive.

Drac

I assume you mean north and south of the border with that photo

No, that joke was the one before mine.

West Northumberland seems to been hit harder than the east, some heavy flooding. There’s some rivers bursting their banks on the east side now but not as serious just yet.

timbog160

After a reasonably quiet afternoon it seems to be picking up again here now with increasing winds and heavy rain!

whitestone
    Free Member

Just seen the flooding on the news – doesn’t look good for Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd. Also Dales Bike Centre was on, close to flooding out again.

senorj

I’ve been worrying all day about singletrackmind’s neighbours scaffolding.
    🙂
    Lols at the north south divide pic.
    So true.

singletrackmind

Worry not my friend
    Its still standing , however the plastic wrap is in tatters
    been gusting over 50kn all day with the occaisional foray into the 60kn area
    I have not been near my windows as the tin sheets would be straight through given the wind direction
    Still think the bloke is some sort of fat moron though
    I cant park on my land due to deed clause that allows a turning are and garage access for loading / uloading but he seems to think its ok for his fat famlly to park there as its not needed for turning as they reverse down and turn where they are not supposed to
    He also told me , when planning his mega roof extension it would be ‘ around 1mtr higher ‘ Its 2.8mts higher . Do you think i am an idiot who cannot use a scale rule?

‘We’ve got 5 kids and 8 grandadkids between us, and I want the whole family to be able to come round and stay ‘ was his pitch . He has a garage full o shite , and parking for 2 cars . He spent £550k on a bungalow with 3 beds and 2 parking spaces , plus another £100k to extend the roof up, so 5 bed and 2 parking spaces and I know he thinks it will be fine if all his tribe descend and park on my driveway ( he only has access over and under and a turning area ) , well he can think again . I am not allowed to park on it , deeds etc so he certainly isnt , and I own the land but cannot park infront my garage , as its the designated turning area .
    Which lardy bully boy doesnt even turn using as its tight, so turns down the drive in my parking area
    You those bulky guys who use their mass to intimidate , yep he’s one of them

senorj

👍⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    Sounds like bit of a nightmare. Sorry .

zbonty

Visited the old man in Brighton this weekend. Lovely yesterday. Very lively, but fun on the beach this morning. Lots of beach patrol/coastguards on muppet patrol. Train home after lunch with no delays, home 2.5 hours later. All good

RustySpanner

Anyone in the Preston/Ribble Valley area?

I need to get to Whittingham from Burnley tomorrow morning. Usually go through Simonstone, Read, Whalley, Copster Green, Ribchester and Longridge.

Alternative is M65,M61,M6 and off at junction 32 (M55 Blackpool exit).

Any idea which of the two is likely to be more realistic?

nickc

Well, managed to get back only to find that I’ve been flooded out again. That’s the 3rd time in as many years and enough for me, tomorrow sees that start if a new place to live that doesn’t flood every winter when it rains hard.

Caldervalley is a lovely place, but I’m done.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that nickc, thoughts are with you mate.

onehundredthidiot

It’s pretty bad in hawick. Fortunately I’m up the hill unfortunately we’re losing buildings

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-51436367/storm-ciara-front-of-building-collapses-into-river-teviot

RustySpanner

Nick, that’s awful.

Offer stands if you need somewhere to stay.
    We’re near the Kettledrum.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just generally windy in Cardiff, drive up to see my folks in Ludlow and back and it was fine bar a few small trees down in the countryside (one blocking 2 lanes of the M4 though).

I have to go to Heathrow tonight and fly to Italy tomorrow morning. Hope it’s calmed down by then 🤮

garage-dweller

Binners that looks awful.

Got off relatively lightly here despite some meaty gusts and sideways rain. Definitely the vilest day I can remember for a long while. A few broken panels and posts on a fence that’s done 10 years +.

nickc

Thanks Rusty & NoBeer, appreciate your thoughts. Alex, hope your roof’s OK!

I’ve always liked 3rd floor flats anyway!!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Storm Ciara’ is closed to new replies.