Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Storm Barbara
  • Caher

In the west of Ireland for Christmas and she’s really angry. Huge waves and wheelie bins being blown over galore.

shermer75
    Free Member

‘Get out of my pub!’ Lol 🙂

iainc

damp anticipation here in Glasgow……

a wee bit breezy and wet, that’s about it so far…

bikebouy
    Free Member

30knts and low water means all the Kiters will be having one last blast on the water..

Came just in time!!

Drac

I’ve just seen a crisp packet being gently pushed about 4″ across the ground. We will rebuild.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Bins are rattling about here on the south coast

vongassit
    Free Member

Up here on Skye it’s a wee bit breezy & peeing it down. Yet another massively overhyped typical winters day.

Gary_M
    Free Member

damp anticipation here in Glasgow……

Slightly more than damp, it’s pissing it doon 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Its like the ruddy Bahamas down here in deepest Hampshire. Big ol’ fuss about nuffin

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Just walked the 10 mile round trip to the post office depot in the wind and rain. Got totally soaked and turns out I bought the wrong rear wheel axle for my CX

Northwind

Just outside my office there’s a big old giant redwood, which isn’t in the best of condition and is basically just biding its time til it falls on our building and kills us all. Looks like it’s giving today some consideration 😆 Our estates guys have sent out their usual “stay away from the trees or you’ll DIE” message but it’s kinda tricky.

scotroutes

We’ve had 112mph gusts on the mountain already today.

nickc

well, in deepest W Yorks, it’s slightly moist and overcast…so no change from normal

😆

scotroutes

Nice animated forecast site at http://www.ventusky.com I particularly like the ability to select which forecasting model you want to see.

MoreCashThanDash

A few people in the wilds of Ilkeston are wishing they hadn’t put baubles on their outdoor Christmas trees

sweepy
    Free Member

The amber warning says”be prepared”
    Our preparations so far are “move into a caravan surrounded by trees to make room for the in-laws in the house”

nickc

nice web site, thanks

Nipper99
    Free Member

Wet windy and bleak in Brecon but that could equally be a summers day – no change then.

ElShalimo

The reason they give them names now is to get the message across to the general public. The thinking is that if you give them names then it sticks in their feckless minds a little easier.
    So if they say there is a big storm coming, let’s say Big Geoff, then it really means “don’t drive over the A66 in your high-sided vehicle you muppet because the emergency services will have to risk life and limb rescuing you due to your stupid actions”.

The NW and far north of Scotland are in for a battering but they are used to that though.

slowoldman

But why name it after a transvestite taxi driver?

Kryton57

I’m riding my 26er rather than my 29er tomorrow morning so that my body mass is lower to the ground.

ElShalimo

slowoldman – Member
    But why name it after a transvestite taxi driver?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just back from a ride on the Quantocks, bit of a breeze and a few spots of rain so far. 😕

onehundredthidiot

Lashing down a pretty windy in Scottish Borders. Dogs are not going to enjoy the afternoon walk.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bin blew over at 8am then the storm went away.

Must be in the eye of the storm.

I’m thinking of firing up the bbq for a pizza tonight 🙂

Speshpaul

I’ve only been on the tablets for 3 weeks and already my nipples are like bullets.

prawny

Took the train to work to avoid the strong winds today, no sign so far, just been stood outside the pub with no coat.

Bit miffed to be honest.

martinhutch

Virtually nothing in Leeds, then apocalyptic rain/wind coming over from Ilkley into Skipton. Couldn’t see the road!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Has it been yet ?

Know it was horrendous off shore. Few lads I know got stuck off shore due to be home for Xmas. Shame for their family next flying taxi is the 27th. The deepsea Aberdeen’s being tossed around like a cork in a bath tub – that’s a big rig it’s normally pretty stable

project
    Free Member

roofs blown off the christmas market stalls today in liverpool and Shrek deflated for safety on st georges hall, but being northern we carried on and kept calm.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just outside my office there’s a big old giant redwood, which isn’t in the best of condition and is basically just biding its time til it falls on our building and kills us all. Looks like it’s giving today some consideration Our estates guys have sent out their usual “stay away from the trees or you’ll DIE” message but it’s kinda tricky.

Do you think it could wait until I can get my Land Rover MOTed? I’d hate to see the wood go to waste 😀

Northwind

You’re going to need a bigger Land Rover 😆

(I think giants burn OK once you get them going but I got a chunk of one of our coast redwoods a couple of years back and gave it to my mum for her chiminea. Little did I know, it’s damn near fireproof. Oh OK, I totally knew that.)

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Storm Barbara’ is closed to new replies.