Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 356 total)
  • Storm A Brewing Down South
  • yunki
    Free Member

Yeah, slightly more concerned here in the SW on an exposed bit of coast than you daft soft London chaps..

Young kids on the house, 25 year old wood framed double glazing, scheduled for replacement this year/early next year..

It’s our first storm in this house too so it’s a bit of an unknown quantity
    There’s the sound of frantic hammering coming from the neighbours on both sides this morning, I wonder if they know something that I don’t..

MrNutt
    Free Member

we’re in for some proper floods and gusts down here, up on Exmoor

rusty90
    Free Member

Maybe this will be a dodgy one after all !

It will if you believe the papers (well the tabloids anyway)
    Daily Mail – Hurtling across the Atlantic, the worst storm since 1987 is heading straight for Britain
    Daily Express – MEGASTORM: Devastating 100mph winds to bring 48 hours of ‘utter hell’ THIS weekend
    Daily Star – Killer Megastorm to batter Britain on Monday

Not just a storm, but a Killer Megastorm!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

With CGI sharks in it as well?

RichPenny
    Free Member

There’s the sound of frantic hammering coming from the neighbours on both sides this morning, I wonder if they know something that I don’t..

If the end of the world is nigh, that’s probably what most people want to be doing 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Is it me or does this photo actually look like quite a decent day, processed heavily to make it look all stormy and moody?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No it doesn’t look like a particularly decent day to me, it looks like a very cloudy day.

It might represent quite a decent day up North though.

mikey74
    Free Member

So you don’t think it has been processed to make it look stormy? Look harder.

rossi46
    Free Member

Yeah, slightly more concerned here in the SW

I’ve just built a shed for all my bikes and fishing gear, think I’ll be bringing everything into the house for this one. Still it’s a good test for the shed!

Nice photo Mikey!

mikey74
    Free Member

I should add that that photo is taken from the Daily Star website, demonstrating what a killer megastorm would look like, with the caption: “CARNAGE: Heavy rain and battering winds will hit the UK on Monday [GETTY]”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

demonstrating what a killer megastorm would look like

Looks more like a classic renaissance painting to me in which the Hand of God appears through the clouds and lovingly blesses London.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

London needs all the blessings it can get.

Andy

Killer megastorm? Oh no 😥 Probably be a deathswarm of False widow spiders blown in from the er azores as well 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

First wave of rain hitting us now – only half way throug what I hoped was the last grass cut of the year which is annoying. Tying everything down and ready to enter the bunker!!!

ninfan
    Free Member

THM pictured earlier:

mikey74
    Free Member

Killer megastorm? Oh no Probably be a deathswarm of False widow spiders blown in from the er azores as well

[Daily Mail mode on] “Megastorm showers country with immigrants” [Daily Mail mode off]

Kryton57

yunki – Member
    Yeah, slightly more concerned here in the SW on an exposed bit of coast than you daft soft London chaps..

Young kids on the house, 25 year old wood framed double glazing, scheduled for replacement this year/early next year.

A bit inconsiderate of you as far as housing your kids was concerned then, wasn’t it.

rossi46
    Free Member

😆 you’ve got to laugh at the daily fail/excess/etc – they have such overactive imaginations.

rusty90
    Free Member

[Daily Mail mode on] “Megastorm showers country with immigrants” [Daily Mail mode off]

No, a proper Mail headline would have a question mark at the end, to cover the fact that it’s not true, as in “Megastorm to shower country with immigrants?”
    And the Express would have “Did MI5 use Megastorm to kill Princess Di?”

yunki
    Free Member

A bit inconsiderate of you as far as housing your kids was concerned then, wasn’t it.

that’s true.. bit If I’d housed the buggers in some palatial manse in the tranquil and weatherproof suburbs of our cotton wool capital, they may have grown up to be city boys, and as such wouldn’t be welcome round for their Sunday tea..

I’m thinking long-term see..

richmtb

80 mile an hour winds in southern England you say…

Meanwhile in Scotland

True story

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ninfan 😉 not far away. Actually good excuse to tidy up the garden for the winter anyway!! Still more fun watching RL than cutting grass.

Next job change the tires on the Bike!!!

athgray
    Free Member

I think the picture of Westminster in ruins and dried up Thames is pretty cool.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What is the disaster that is supposed to do that to London? An earthquake?

And those Protect and Survive illustrations bring back some memories.

MrNice
    Free Member

scottish wind

[video]http://youtu.be/PJamz5E1JiU[/video]

rossi46
    Free Member

How funny, the BBC have now named the storm as St Jude after the ‘patron saint of depression’.
    Seriously??
    It’s on the BBC news website.

crazy-legs

What’s the latest on the apocalyptic murderstorm of death then?

Up here, it’s probably got to “a bit blustery” although I may upgrade that to “better put a coat on” later in the day.

yunki
    Free Member

Well, down here at Ground Zero I’ve yet to see anything that’s made me think twice about taking the kids down the beach in the trailer after lunch..

mikey74
    Free Member

How funny, the BBC have now named the storm as St Jude after the ‘patron saint of depression’.
    Seriously??
    It’s on the BBC news website.

Where does it say “the BBC has named the storm….”? The way I read it, it is the Met Office who has named it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Very windy down south but sunny. Dog walk first then need to finish grass before the storm!!!! I bet the tree surgeons are starting to rub their hands with an autumn bonus on the cards,!

totalshell

no chance of mega storm up on the pennines.. drizzle and enough of a breeze to rustle your cordourys.. probably no worse on south coast with the exception that tutus are the norm

binners

It’s the usual all-pervasive greyness, with the compulsory drizzle from September through til April oop north. No windier than usual (still pretty windy)

Quite looking forward to watching all the vox pops on the news later of terrified Londoners recounting their tales of how they fearlessly stared into the face of certain death, and braved the MEGASTORM as they’d run out of Olives and had to nip to Waitrose 😆

jam-bo

Lovely day in Devon at the moment…

bearnecessities

Lovely sunny view out of office in Leeds, all alone 🙁 .

Quite windy though, the birch are getting a bit bendy.

EDIT: Spoke too soon; sun’s gone.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good day for windsurfing, see yous laters 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

I woke up this morning to see the contents of my former garage piled up in the garden, and just a concrete slab where my garage used to be.

bearnecessities

That sucks 🙁 Where was the car?!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Out the front.

It’s not the end of the world, just reminded me that I must ring the garage man tomorrow and ask him when he’s coming as I’ve had the new slab down for a couple of weeks now 🙂

ps44
    Free Member

Bikebouy – ditto
    Em and me off to Daymer in a mo. Should be fun.

cinnamon_girl

My local Waitrose was heaving with the middle-classes preparing for a siege this morning. 😯

Edit: there was actually a queue to get in the car park!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 356 total)

The topic ‘Storm A Brewing Down South’ is closed to new replies.