Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Storing your bikes in the house.
  • Marin
    Free Member

Show me your pictures of clever storage please. Got 5 bikes down to 2 in the kitchen now. Anyone got any good ideas apart from the black hooky things you put on the wall for a front wheel to go in. Got a fairly long and wide kitchen but they are getting on my nerves leaning against my old pub seat I like to read the paper on.

watsontony
    Free Member

why not show us picks of the space you have avaliable and we will suggest a solution

Cougar

why not show us picks of the space you have avaliable and we will suggest a solution criticise your bikes and the state of the kitchen

FTFY.

footflaps

Sink needs cleaning, shelves are cluttered and that carpet is revolting.

tomhoward

*wonders how footflaps can see my kitchen and bike strewn hall and living room*

BoardinBob

Electric cupboard

one giant reign x
    one 456 summer season

giant sits on the floor, 456 hangs from a rail i put in.

wwaswas

If you could just geo tag any pics too 😉

Karinofnine

I’ve got 3 bikes on the wall of my lounge area, I haven’t got a photo, but I can describe that I have used clamps that clamp the forks – front wheel out – to the wall. Lockable too. In MkI they are perpendicular to the wall but I think at an angle would be better.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Tree of Bikes

footflaps

Photos of door locks and alarm combination please…

Marin
    Free Member

Such paranoia. I got diverted by making dinner and seeing posting a photo involved more than my basic I.T. skills allowed, I may try tomorrow if bored. I like tree of bikes and a good busy bookshelf. Stuartie c is that a scaff pole or a proper shop bought one? Are the clamps for purpose or just bodged? Also is their a lot of tensioning the pole as our ceiling it would be on is an an extension. Plasterborad and on an angle.
    Off to watch Sahara now.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Shop-bought.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-dual-touch-bike-stand/

Braces against the floor and a ceiling joist (or just use a load-spreading board like I have). Very easy to set up – only needs a ladder, an allen key and a spirit level (second pair of hands is useful too)

Marin
    Free Member

Thanks for that looks like a good solution. BoardinBob good job but I don’t have a cupboard. Got an Anthem and an Inbred to hang up though.
    Don’t non of you robbers come round though now I’ve said that.

TheBrick
    Free Member
    rickmeister

Aldi or Lidl often have bike storage that leans against a wall and takes two bikes for about £40. If you have a longish room then the bikes go flat against the wall, don’t stick out too much so you can still get past, bit like the tree of bikes ^^^^^^^

footflaps

Got an Anthem and an Inbred to hang up though.

Did you say you left the key under the mat?

grahamt1980

Not got a pic, but have got 5 bikes hidden behind the climbing wall in the garage (attached to the house). Its a surprisingly small space with a hell of a lot of bikes in it

stewartc
    Free Member

Now I feel rather pathetic with just the one bike in the living room although with all those fine efforts I might be able to convince the missus than an extra one or two would be normal!

Oh, the apartment door is always locked and there is security in the building entrance and complex itself.

davosaurusrex

Marin – I’ve got an Oakrak floor to ceiling job which takes 2 bikes (can take up to 4 with additional brackets). Made of American red oak, it’s a lovely looking thing. I’m not allowed to keep bikes in the house anymore, cost me £130, I’m after £50 for it.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/accessories/racks/product/review-gear-up-oakrak-bike-rack-11-45415

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just enough room for my bed 😯

olddog

All solutions seem to involve keeping bikes in that “look like never actually been used order”, if that was required I’d move. I kept mine in the understairs cupboard, and brushed up the mud occassionally when it dried and fell off the bikes. I now have a garage.

olddog

…. but I am hugely lazy

andrewni
    Free Member

I also have a garage with a forest floor about and inch thick throughout it from knocking mud off bikes. It bothers me to shovel it up about once a year. Keeping bikes in the house would be my worst nightmare

andrewni
    Free Member

….I dont wash my bikes, it wrecks the bearings….probably

Marin
    Free Member

The wiggle stand wins it for me. Thanks for the ideas chaps.

cbike
    Free Member

I have two big ladder/hose hooks on wall just up by the ceiling.

take the Front wheel off. Hook handle bars over and rest forks against a pad on the wall.

Placed in position using step ladders.

£120 cheaper than a stand and uses less space. I can get 2 bikes side by side in a tiny hall. You do need height though.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these high up in the utility room

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40980

The wheels are at about head height when the bike is on it, takes two bikes without removing anything no problem.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Storing your bikes in the house.’ is closed to new replies.