• This topic has 803 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by SnS.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 804 total)
  • Stopping smoking!!
  • emsz
    Free Member

*kisses* camo, keep it up my lovely!!

snogs for binners and khani and morgs well done all of you, it’s such a good feeling isnt it?

camo16
    Free Member

Gave up in mid September and have just finished building my winter bike with the proceeds

This ^^^^ sounds like a plan!

Well done that man! 😆 go camo!!!

Cheers Khani. Since we’re in this together, how’s it going with you? 😆 or 👿 ?

*kisses* camo, keep it up my lovely!!

I get a kiss! 8) 😉 emsz, thanks a mill. Lovely to see you back, too!

RustyNissanPrairie

wish my wife would stop smoking (weed&fags)-I’m completely sick of it (always been a non smoker). if I had my time over I wouldnt have married her-she knows this and how I feel but its too hard to compete with weed.

cheese@4p

That’s sad Rusty, you have my sympathy. I am giving up both fags and occasional weed. The weed will be a worry as I always saw it as a special treat

khani
    Free Member

Cheers Khani. Since we’re in this together, how’s it going with you? or ?

Still going, still have difficult moments but I’m resisting…
    Edit. Emz 😳 cheeky…

boltonjon

Just think how fit you’ll feel without any heavy Xmas smoking – January will be wicked when it snows!!!! 😀

morgs
    Free Member

this is how I read it

snogs for binners and khani and morgs

now….don’t let the missus see this 😉

morgs
    Free Member

ps – told you them there birds love the taste of a non-smoker haha

binners

Its turning into a festival of Awesomeness beyond all comprehension. Considering it was just business as usual as far as smoking was concerned, just one short week ago

I was entirely persuaded by this thread to have a go at packing in. Its a week for me today. I’m really chuffed with myself. And really chuffed with you lot too. I’ve packed in before but it just feels like it was ‘right’ this time.

Cheers all 😀

camo16
    Free Member

Fantastic news, binners. Glad you’re still with us – despite the doubts of some STW-ers! 🙄

I was entirely persuaded by this thread to have a go at packing in.

That’s kind of how it was for me, too. Since then, everything seems to be falling into place.

I don’t miss huddling in doorways, gripping my moistened smoke in true private dick style in the face of the smug, self-righteous majority. Now I’m a part of the smug, self-righteous majority. And it feels fantastic! 8)

Well done, mate!

khani
    Free Member

I found out this morning that even though I don’t feel that stressed out my fuse is particulary short, had a road rage incident this morning, normally I’m immune to road nobs, this morning I rose to it and kicked off royal in return, luckily he ran back to his car and locked himself in.
    I think he saw the madness in my eyes..
    If I’d have had some fags or baccy I’d have failed this morning, but I didn’t and I haven’t,
    don’t get complacent, the craving this morning was huge… 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Khani – unfortunate thats an effect of stopping smoking for many – a short fuse. well done for not cracking tho

seeing as the virtual snogs from emsz seems to motivate some of you would a virtual snog from me be a good motivator? Maybe in a negative way so have a fag and you will get a great big snog from a man with a very dodgy ‘tache 🙂

khani
    Free Member

😯 I will never smoke again 😯
    Edit… EEEEEEEWWWWHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morgs
    Free Member

TJ – brill!

I am growing the trucker for mo-vember to go along with the non-smoking. Anyone else got a dogy tash?

pics?

how do I post pics?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

movember by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

so no more fags any of you right 🙂

You need the pic hosted on teh net somewhere nd flikr gives yo a cde to post it or yo take the location of the image and paste that intot eh box you get on here when clicking on img

morgs
    Free Member

TJ – looks like we are after the same stylee this year! If I email you a pic…….? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you want

khani
    Free Member

‘shudders’ runs off to check there’s no baccy ANYWHERE……!!!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

huge respect to morgs, camo, khani, binners and all. Truly inspirational…..I have managed not to smoke cigarettes this week in honour (unfortunately the other evening smoke got the better of me, just the one though which is very good for me)

TJ…that is very scary. Reminds me of this fella who is probably enough to make anyone want to smoke 😉

(The Nightrider from Mad Max)

camo16
    Free Member

I have managed not to smoke cigarettes this week in honour (unfortunately the other evening smoke got the better of me, just the one though which is very good for me)

Excellent work, WS!

Wouldn’t worry about the ‘just the one’, dude. And, if you can, keep going.

As far as I’m concerned, you have a permanent invite to Club Awesome. Come on in, the air’s fine! 😆

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I feel honoured however full Awesomeness will only be achieved when the ‘particularly sly’ one in the evening has been waved goodbye too.

I have already choosen a bike as reward though 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Go on, WS, let’s dream – what’s your ride gonna be?

I’m aiming for a Commençal Essence, Pasta Power or (if I save enough) a Ramones. 😆

I might call it Susan II.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

….or Sheena?

A Canyon Strive….got a few more weeks to go I think.

khani
    Free Member

I’m currently dreaming of a turner sultan with fox 34’s and crossmax….my £600 a year saving may need topping up tho……

camo16
    Free Member

Uh-huh, that Canyon is suh-weet!

Incentive-tastic, I would think, WS!

I’ve always suffered from small dream syndrome. That’s why I’m aiming for an old model Commie hardtail, rather than a pimped up MoFo like a Furious (* blushes and wipes trousers *).

Good call on Sheena. That’s a name with possibilities!

Good luck, fella!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

cheers dude

and no dream is small 🙂

camo16
    Free Member

I’m currently dreaming of a turner sultan with fox 34’s and crossmax….my £600 a year saving may need topping up tho……

That’s a gorgeous machine, Khani, but pricey!

Somehow you’re going to have to find a way to back-date your quit date or else work on the development of Zen patience!

khani
    Free Member

😥 one can but dream…….
    Edit…or as I said on another thread, the minute the price of my arse hits 4k, I’m havin one.. 😀

cheese@4p

Im after a Lappiere Spicy 516 which I would not be able to justify if spending 2 grand PA on fags!
    COME ON YOU EX SMOKERS

camo16
    Free Member

one can but dream…….

I’m totally with you, Khani – you deserve that Sultan!

How come your ass is so valuable? Or don’t I want to ask?

Hi cheese@4p, how’s it going with you?

This 2k per year on fags figure you mention makes me want to undertake a world record style face palm. 😳 What was I thinking?

khani
    Free Member

How come your ass is so valuable? Or don’t I want to ask?

It’s tidy…….

morgs
    Free Member

I’m chuffed at the touching sentiments of this thread!

Roll on the 30th!

camo16
    Free Member

@ Morgs

How are you bearing up, Mr. Eight Days?

You’re sounding chipper!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Good work all, keep it up, 3 months down the line and I noticed last night that my chest doesn’t whistle when I am breathing heavily in a quiet room. 😉

Makes it all seem worthwhile.

camo16
    Free Member

Good work all, keep it up, 3 months down the line and I noticed last night that my chest doesn’t whistle when I am breathing heavily in a quiet room.

These continual health improvements give me muchos hope and motivation.

To the ex-smokers here: how long after quitting does increased MTB endurance/gnarliness manifest?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

In the following weeks and months you’ll notice a steady supply of chunky green and brown crap being coughed especially when out on the bike, the riding will get easier/faster as this crap is evicted from your body. Good job all, I’m impressed with your powers of awesome.

morgs
    Free Member

@camo – mr 8 days is fine….but not as good as he’ll be when he is known as mr 10 days, mr 2 weeks or mr “what, you used to SOMKE? 🙂

I haven’t had any really outbursts…..just the seemingly increased body temp is the wierd thing. Oh, and the dreams….truely messed up, funky, spooky dreams….

you good?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

truely messed up, funky, spooky dreams….

I thought it was the weed, but I went through three weeks of insomnia almost completely sleepless, spent the days staggering around like the walking dead, this was then followed by about another three weeks of very little sleep, proper messed up dreams, night terrors and waking up in a puddle of sweat at least once a night.

camo16
    Free Member

you good?

Pretty good, dude. 😆

I found out today that my fuse is shorter than normal, but that the fiery anger caused by other people’s incompetence/idiocy/face 😯 dies out pretty quickly and that normalcy returns, more or less, within a couple of minutes.

Weird dreams here too… not the sweaty terror kind, but quite unsettling and creepy.

boltonjon

if it helps, i’ve just been out for my local ‘fast’ ride – the first one since giving up

Rather than hanging of the back, like in the summer, i was quite comfortable running at the front

Can’t beleive what a difference 2 months of ‘smoke free’ does for your fitness!

This was after a proper sh*t day at work where i really wanted to smoke – the bike quickly killed my stress and tension!!

Keep at it boys!! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 804 total)

The topic ‘Stopping smoking!!’ is closed to new replies.