Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stopping my wife interrupting my Spotify listening
  • Pook

I have Spotify on my phone, my wife’s phone and our Echo at home.

How do i stop my wife putting it on on another device when I’m listening other than stealing it back using the app?

thejesmonddingo

Your patio is your friend.

dmorts

Upgrade to the family membership and have an account for home and an account for you

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevious

If you have a family sub then you can have up to 6 accounts. It’s £15 a month rather than a tenner though. Not sure how the setup on the echo works but a separate login for you, your wife and amazon would mean you could stream what you like on whatever you like.

wwaswas

Family Spotify is your friend. Just for a decent Discover Weekly that reflects what you listen to, if nothing else

slowoldman

Listen to the wireless.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes, family subs here too.

You’d be as well setting yourself up a new account too, so all the recommendatios are yours, and not based on mrs listenings.

CraigW
    Free Member

Or just set up a free account for each person. No need to pay.
    Your own phones will be linked to your own accounts.
    For Google Home speakers, you can setup voice recognition, so it should know who’s account to play when you ask it. Presume can do a similar thing with the Echo?

sneakyg4

Duct tape and zip ties.

Bin bag and folding shovel if it gets too much.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Log her out of her phone, change your password.

Tell her to get her own account 🙂

rossburton
    Free Member

As far as I can tell the Echo doesn’t yet associate who is speaking with Spotify accounts, which is a pain yes.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Another work-around is for one of you to download albums/playlists and play them locally, while the other streams, when you both need to listen at once.

Bit of a faff, but the only other options without ads are to pay for a subscription one way or the other, I think.

stumpy01

Family account.

When using Google Home stuff, you need to make sure you have the voice control thing set-up to recognise the different account holders, so it doesn’t default to the main account holder.

I am not sure if Alexa works the same way.

nealglover
    Free Member

Echo doesn’t yet associate who is speaking with Spotify accounts, which is a pain yes.

Nightmare 😂

You wouldn’t have coped well with having to go to a record shop and actually buy what you wanted and get home again to actually listen to it. 👍

hols2
    Free Member

It’s often how you ask that makes the difference.
    null

CheesybeanZ

Duct tape and zip ties.

Bin bag and folding shovel if it gets too much.

Your better off using a silky saw and several bin bags .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stopping my wife interrupting my Spotify listening’ is closed to new replies.