Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • stopped working yet?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Somebody’s got to keep the country’s legal system functioning over the holidays

Aye, & keep the bad lads (& lasses) safe from the public.
    The prison service never sleeps, I’ve got Xmas eve & Xmas day off but nowt else. Just as well I get 8.5 weeks leave per year. 😆

grantway
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Somebody’s got to keep the country’s legal system functioning over the holidays

Aye, & keep the bad lads (& lasses) safe from the public.
    The prison service never sleeps, I’ve got Xmas eve & Xmas day off but nowt else. Just as well I get 8.5 weeks leave per year.

You can always try and educate them as you have to much time on your hands 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Bunch of **** part timers. I’m a teacher so hardly work any weeks a year but even I have two days left.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

You can always try and educate them as you have to much time on your hands

I try, I really do try! but sometimes the impossible is the impossible. Talking to a lad the other day who’s in for burglary & twoc’ing (?) His response was ‘But you can’t beat the buzz you get’, I didn’t really know where to go from there.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Essex Theres no reply to that one LOL

ThePinkster

Talking to a lad the other day who’s in for burglary & twoc’ing (?) His response was ‘But you can’t beat the buzz you get’, I didn’t really know where to go from there.

Suggest he buys (not twoc’s or burgles) a bike and hits some downhills?
    That should give him a pretty big buzz.

Or ride it around a busy city at night.

…with no lights.
    😀

hjghg5
    Free Member

Not a chance. 2 clients still want to complete deals before Christmas.

hjghg5
    Free Member

(But I shall have the last laugh. Working between Christmas and new year then when everyone come back depressed I’m buggering off for a week of cycling in the Canaries :-))

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ah Ha! That’s where I went wrong, I talked about wingsuit basejumping but he just gave me a funny look. (absolutely true, didn’t have a clue what I was on about, even after I’d explained. No interest)

Now what?

ton

been off since last Tuesday, until after new year. on sick. bored.

Duggan

Nope, will be working as normal til Friday but off til the 2nd January then so fair enough.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Well Friday was meant to be my last day of work, and my last day of notice, but my MD decided to pick a battle with me in an open office. He’s been pretty bitter since my letter went in just under a month ago with lots of snidey comments, which I have just let pass for the sake of an easy life over the past month.

This time however, he tried it again in front of an office full of accounts staff. I guess it was the straw that broke the camels back as I gave him both barrels back 😕

I left about 5 minutes later.

Why they kept someone in a senior sales role in the office for a notice period I have no idea, they should have just stuck me on gardening leave.

Still, an extra couple of days off. Shame the weather is horrific today, otherwise i’d have gone out on the bike!

TheFlyingOx

Finished up for Christmas back at the end of September. Got the big day at home, then back to work on 27th/28th. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted.

camo16
    Free Member

Just about still working… waiting for comments to a big job to come in. I’ll be mad busy then, but right now I’m so bored.

Anyone up for a session of Comedy Mammals Top Trumps?

camo16
    Free Member

Dopio posto

toby1

No, so bugger off and leave me to get on with it!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

4hrs to go….

Then not back to work until the 7th Jan 8)

ThePinkster

esselgruntfuttock – Member

Ah Ha! That’s where I went wrong, I talked about wingsuit basejumping but he just gave me a funny look. (absolutely true, didn’t have a clue what I was on about, even after I’d explained. No interest)

Now what?
    Try throwing him off the roof to give him the same sensation? 😉

portlyone

My last day is Friday before I get two weeks off. Most of the rest of the business needs to be in to cover our public service (5th/6th emergency service?)

molgrips
    Free Member

Can’t decide how much holiday to book off. I’ve taken off the 24th, my resourcing manager unofficially advised me not to bother booking any days off since I’m unassigned. Feel bad skiving off though when I’m meant to be doing stuff.

warton
    Free Member

nope, got a functional document to get out for client review by tomorrow, will be working on it at home tonight, and till 5/6 PM tomorrow. but after that off till the 8th. tbh it’s making the time go quick, so it’s not so bad….

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘stopped working yet?’ is closed to new replies.