Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Stopped to take a photo and got punched by a git on a moped
  • damascus
    Free Member

Went on a road ride today on my own. Stopped at the top of a hill in the middle of a moor to take a picture of the the road I was going to cycle down, then up and whack. Took me by surprise, at first I thought I’d been hit by a vans mirror then I saw two chavs on mopeds going down the hill looking back at me like chimps waving the birdy at me.

To say I was pissed off is an understatement. I considered chasing them but I was already pretty tired, 20 miles from home and I knew there was a huge hill coming up!

What a set of c&#ts.

Is this a common thing chavs do to people? Or did I just have “mug” written on the back of me?

ads678

**** will be ****. If you see one of them again, push him off!

fudge9202
    Free Member

Apparently common my 8 yr old grandson watches the videos on YouTube and thinks they are hilarious. But on a serious note they are really little arseholes on these mopeds.

seosamh77
    Free Member

big stick in the front spokes next time. although this will need to be a preemptive attack if it’s going to work! 😆

fudge9202
    Free Member

Did you get the number plate?  If so I’d trace the little shit down and get my own back!!

damascus
    Free Member

Although I had my phone out taking a picture I didn’t take one. At first I didn’t know what had happened and then it was hard to take a photo whilst I was furiously gesturing!

Maybe I’m on utube now?

The little shits!

It’s a good job my friend wasn’t with me who is recovering from a broken right collar bone! They just don’t think!

Poopscoop

There is an element in Britain that is essentially feral.

They know there is very little chance of being caught and pretty much any form of entertainment is fair game.

Yes, what happened to you is unfortunately entertainment for some individuals.

jamesoz

I can only hope they do it to a violent individual. Most will stand in shock, some will react very badly indeed.

Tiger6791

Noughties Happy Slapping ‘init

but brought up to date by the use of Mopeds.

These fashions always come around again, wish I’d kept my happing slapping gloves now and not given them to Oxfam

shifter
    Free Member

I wouldn’t let my eight year old watch stuff like that on Youtube.

burko73

I got a bag of mcdonalds rubbish chucked at me whilst I was stopped waiting to pull on onto a road once. dad in driver seat was egging the 10 yr old in pass seat to chuck it at me. good Jon I wasn’t moving as it could have knocked me off it hit so hard and shocked me. I did manage to memorise the reg no and call the police and they “popped round to have a word” as he was a know antisocial di&k.

made me furious.

PJay
    Free Member

I got hit in the back by a can of larger thrown with some force and at close range from a speeding car as it passed whilst I was out walking once;  there are some right gits about!

fudge9202
    Free Member

I don’t but eight year olds are more tech savvy than I am on an iPad, my grandson watches motorbike racing on it I’m assuming it came up in the menu system and he clicked on it.

franksinatra

Someone was recently saying (perhaps on here) that they had come to the conclusion that around 2% of the population are dicks. So in life you will always encounter them. At work, at school, on top of a moor whilst out on a bike ride. You can’t change it, its just a thing.

Not sure how that helps.

kerley
    Free Member

Did you get the number plate?  If so I’d trace the little shit down and get my own back!!

Out of interest how do you do that, do you have to know someone with access to the data who is a little bit loose with it or am I missing a freely open database that lists car reg, owner and address?

greavo

I got a blast from a can of beer when a car passed me when I first started riding years ago.  Unfortunately for them the lights changed to red just down the road and I caught them up. I knocked on the passenger window and the bell-end driver opened the window and gave me some good old fashioned anglo-saxon feedback about bikes not paying road tax.  His girlfriend (who was laughing) mood changed when I tipped my water bottle full of Vimto onto her lovely new clothes, drenched his trousers and their cream leather seats.

Lights changed, job done!

damascus
    Free Member

KERLEY, yes the dvla hold all that information and you can make an application for driver details.

The law changed after private car park companies were allowed to take civil prosecutions for Mon Payment.

I’ve not uses it myself but I’m guessing there’s a form and justification question.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lucky guess fudge (STW’er in “making authoritative statements without actually knowing if they are true are not SHOCKER”!)

You’ll need “reasonable cause” to get info, who knows if that would cover this scenario

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

wiggles
    Free Member

I want to go punch them seems reasonable to me

andylandy
    Free Member

some people are really dumb…

DezB
    Free Member

When coppers (yes, she was a copper ), admit to such things, there’s not much hope for the chavs of this world.

Maybe your one just hates rubbish photography.

Someone was recently saying (perhaps on here) that they had come to the conclusion that around 2% of the population are dicks.

Wow, talk about underestimation!

edlong
    Free Member

I know this place (“the internet”) is where all the hard-as-nails vigilantes hang out, but if you had the registration number, perhaps you’d consider reporting the assault to the police rather than trying to (with dubious legality) obtain details to be able to resolve your differences in person?

hypnonewt
    Free Member

@greavo to be honest I would be worried about escalating the situation given they are in a couple of tons of metal and I am on a bike. All it takes if a quick swerve after the green light and they can claim sun in their eyes or something.

Best case scenario a punch up at the lights since these people seem to be driven by impressing their woman through violence and doing stupid s***

Just saying, if it was me it would have probably ended in me swearing at them and then quickly jumping a red light when he got out of the vehicle and started walking towards me.

greavo

@hyponewt

Fair point but when you’re raging common sense doesn’t always come into it.

cokie

I get a few cars a year swerve at me when riding on the roads, followed by laughing and honking.
    Usually a 20 something year old with some knuckle draggers in tow.

Bare in mind I hardly ride on roads and only use them to connect up trails. Scary how often it happens.

I’ve also had someone stop on my tyre at a set of lights. I was in the middle of the lane waiting for it to go green and felt a nudge. Look behind and he’s made contact with my wheel. Then he starts revving so I gesture and move. Not going to win against a 2 ton weapon with a moron like that piloting it.

teamslug
    Free Member

Opening to back door or the boot as you catch them up is great fun, just make sure you have an escape route planned. The rage that some people carry around with them always amazes me.

angeldust
    Free Member

I got a bag of mcdonalds rubbish chucked at me whilst I was stopped waiting to pull on onto a road once. dad in driver seat was egging the 10 yr old in pass seat to chuck it at me. good Jon I wasn’t moving as it could have knocked me off it hit so hard and shocked me. I did manage to memorise the reg no and call the police and they “popped round to have a word” as he was a know antisocial di&k.

made me furious.

The worst thing here is that the kid isn’t being taught right from wrong, so he is just going to end up as dick jr.

angeldust
    Free Member

His girlfriend (who was laughing) mood changed when I tipped my water bottle full of Vimto onto her lovely new clothes, drenched his trousers and their cream leather seats.

What really caught my eye here was that you had Vimto in your water bottle when out riding 🙂

greavo

@angeldust

With regards to Vimto as my hydration of choice, I must say that it was just after I started cycling again.  I seem to recall my seat was slammed down as well.  Ah well, we live and learn…

ads678

I like Vimto, but for some reason I always pronounce it with a p after the m!!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

there are some utter wrong’uns out there. This for example filmed this morning by my riding buddy on my normal commuting route

daern
    Free Member

This for example filmed this morning by my riding buddy on my normal commuting route

Any idea what sparked it all off – obviously the driver was in full-rant at the start of the video. Driving onto the pavement and using your vehicle in an obvious threatening way, though? I hope he’s not too attached to driving it…

nosedive
    Free Member

Bet the police still did **** all

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I got egged from a Corsa on the local big climb a few years back, had to giggle, Kind of stupid shit I’d  have done as a lad.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Any idea what sparked it all off – obviously the driver was in full-rant at the start of the video. Driving onto the pavement and using your vehicle in an obvious threatening way, though? I hope he’s not too attached to driving it…

a bit more detail from the lensman although he’s not entirely sure either

LAT

I got sprayed with washer jets by a pair in a Corsa (that I suspect was the driver’s mum’s) after being asked where “Wet and Wild” was. Not a violent incident and the road was quiet, I had a chuckle at the cheekiness.

However, I then saw them round a roundabout and play the prank on a local man with learning difficulties. This pissed me off just as I happened to be passing a pile of stone that was about to be used for resurfacing the road, so I leapt from my bike and threw a few at them hitting the side of their car.

The amusing thing is that a friend of mine who just happened to be driving past pulled over and asked in a concerned fashion what I was doing. It turned out that he thought the pressure of life had broken me and that I’d taken to throwing stones at cars

This happened at least 20 years ago. I still get a grin when I think of the look on my friend’s face.

Chavs on scooters punching people scooters are in a different league.

cmadd
    Free Member

Cycling up a hill near Henley on Thames , White van man passes very slowly next instant a bag of chips in my face !    Too salty for me though 😁

stennah
    Free Member

I was stopped by a women who asked if I’d had any trouble on this certain stretch of road I hadn’t but she had had a rock thrown at her and hot coffee obviously they were speeding so she never got the reg no

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Bet the police still did **** all

Someone should have reported that as a terror attack because thats what that essentially is, just tell the police the driver you thought you heard the driver shouting “Allah Ackbar” and they’ll get shot promptly in London.

DezB
    Free Member

Any idea what sparked it all off

Someone got “in their way”, no doubt.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Stopped to take a photo and got punched by a git on a moped’ is closed to new replies.