Viewing 26 posts - 241 through 266 (of 266 total)
  • STOP REMAKING EVERY FILM EVER MADE YOU FESTERING, MALODOROUS, IGNORANT, FECKLESS
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

yet another Batman reboot? Really?

Yes. They’re very popular and make the company millions which is what they want.

I loved the Bale and Affleck Batmen but that hasn’t stopped me watching Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

colournoise

Oh.
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a862077/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-reboot-joss-whedon/

Should be fine. Whedon involved and the buffyverse’s internal logic allows different slayers. As long as it’s a ‘new’ Buffy and not a straight reboot I’ll be watching.

zilog6128

Whedon involved and the buffyverse’s internal logic allows different slayers. As long as it’s a ‘new’ Buffy and not a straight reboot I’ll be watching.

exactly. But then it’s not a reboot. Although I fully accept the “journalist” may just be thick & not really understand what a reboot actually is. See also: staycation. 😉

z1ppy

Ahem

I love the book & the original film, but that looks interesting

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57267069

“We’re looking forward to reimagining and developing the deep catalogue of MGM,” Amazon boss Jeff Bezos said on Wednesday.

“The acquisition’s thesis here is really very simple. MGM has a vast, deep catalogue of much-loved intellectual property. With the talented people at MGM and Amazon Studios, we can reimagine and develop that IP for the 21st Century.”

dyna-ti

Normally I’d agree with you but in the case of Robin Hood, I’m happy for them to keep trying until they make one good one

How about this then ?
    NSFW. The Jim Davidson take…

kimbers

OK its not a remake as such but

Owlbear & a Gelatinous Cube

Im actually totally up for this

haloric
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here – the batmobile still looks good.

PrinceJohn

Thought this had been revived & was going to mention the Quantum Leap remake/sequel currently underway

Cougar
    pandhandj
    Free Member

Nice beaver…

martinhutch

Neeson has been making increasingly ridiculous parodies of Taken for years.

thols2

Thought this had been revived & was going to mention the Quantum Leap remake/sequel currently underway

I just started watching that, it’s decent popcorn tv, technically a sequel using the same template as the original.

thols2

A reboot? What is it?

https://collider.com/naked-gun-reboot-liam-neeson-comments/

The ‘Taken’ star says the production is currently waiting on a script.

Apart from a script, a cast, and a budget, all set to start shooting.

gordimhor

Neeson has been making increasingly ridiculous parodies of Taken for years

I thought Taken was a parody

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I would like to see them try to do a remake of Pulp Fiction . My favourit film of all time .

shermer75
    Free Member

Big trouble in little China, starring Dwayne Johnson

A ‘continuation’ apparently, not a remake. Still sounds shite though

Oh god I thought this was a joke

ratherbeintobago

I wonder what happened to the Dambusters remake?

Poopscoop

Big trouble in little China, starring Dwayne Johnson

Ok, have to admit, as a fan of the original, I’d quiet like to see a sequel.😁

Drac

OK its not a remake as such but

Owlbear & a Gelatinous Cube

Im actually totally up for this

When they filmed up here the costume department was based behind my house, there was lot and I mean a lot of costumes. Yeah, that’s about all I’ve got.

kimbers

because black or people from outside the UK or even Europe would be very very uncommon in the 12th or 13th century.

You can walk from the uk to Africa (with a boat trip or 2) in a couple of months

Trade routes from Europe to Africa were established by the bronze age, romans & then vikings had extensive trade with North africa, slaves as well as goods, tho you shouldn’t assume black person = slave.
    By the middle ages pilgrimages, war & trade with middle East and beyond was not uncommon

Anyway back to dreadful remaking…
    https://movieweb.com/liam-neeson-naked-gun-reboot-update/

Drac

Does this count as remake post?

jon1973
    Free Member

To be fair most of Liam Neesons films over the last few years just feel like parodies anyway so he may as well make on deliberately.

timmys

Plane flight I was on yesterday offered three versions of “Father of the Bride” which I thought was quite funny.

willard

Just watched the Corridor edit of Batman in Batman. I would pay real money to see a full length version of that film.

Viewing 26 posts - 241 through 266 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.