Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 266 total)
  • STOP REMAKING EVERY FILM EVER MADE YOU FESTERING, MALODOROUS, IGNORANT, FECKLESS
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

why would anyone respectable take it on?

It’s “Hollywood”, who the **** is respectable there?

verses

I know Tank Girl wasn’t a massive success first time round, but I enjoyed it. Happy to give a reboot a chance, especially with Ms Robbie!

willard

Lori Petti was a pretty good fit for Tank Girl I thought, the rest of the film was a little odd, but still not a bad match to the graphic novels. I’m not likely to forgive them for using SA80s as the “futuristic” guns though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well played Cary Elwes.

What kind of hubris would lead anyone to even consider remaking The Princess Bride? Talk about setting yourself up for a fall.

Cougar

Not exactly a remake, but vaguely relevant to the discussion,

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/sylvester-stallone-wants-to-make-a-tango-cash-sequel

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I bet it feels like Groundhog Day eh OP?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Stallone is making another RAMBO movie at 75 , punishing pesky Mexicans for raping folk , what’s he gonna do tut at them ??

winston
    Free Member

Sad. Just ‘plane’ sad

kennyp
    Free Member

We just watched the remake of Whisky Galore (with Gregor Fisher). As good as, possibly even better than, the original.

Daffy

God damn, Top Gun Maverick looks

AMAZING!
    wool

Whisky Galore the remake was ace ! as is True Grit  by the Coen brothers which is super.

Cougar

God damn, Top Gun Maverick looks

There’s a few-page thread somewhere from a couple of months back.

Cougar
    Drac

Yeah @winston you’re outnumbered with that one.

CountZero

Re: Tank Girl – I have a sketch of her on the lining of a leather bike jacket, drawn by Jamie Hewlett while he was working for Deadline magazine, along with drawings by a couple of the artists on the mag.

loddrik
    Free Member

They’re remaking The Thing, again….

DezB
    Free Member

I thought Top Gun was naff and won’t bother watching the new one (even the trailer). To keep Winston company, like.

verses

Because the world needs a spin-off about the paedo bowler from The Big Lebowski?!?

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/reviews/the-jesus-rolls/

EDIT: How the reviewer managed not to describe it as a “Turkey” I’ll never know.

DezB
    Free Member

Empire did a superb feature on John Turturro, shame the film’s crap!

Hows this for a pointless remake-
    ‘Bambi’ Is Next Up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ Remake

Drac

I thought Top Gun was naff and won’t bother watching the new one (even the trailer). To keep Winston company, like.

Yeah it’s naff but it’s entertaining.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reboot or remake? Who cares, it’s already dead.

‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Reboot Moving Forward With A Female Lead

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No.

Just no.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/movies/knight-rider-being-made-new-film

Can’t be any worse than the original, I suppose

Ambivalent at best about this one.
    ‘Lion’ Director Garth Davis To Direct Disney’s New ‘Tron’ Movie With Jared Leto

zilog6128

Can’t be any worse than the original, I suppose

not seen Knight Rider 2000 then 😂 Makes the original look like The Wire.

Tron is awesome, Tron Legacy was somehow weirdly great too, the law of averages alone means the new one will be shit 🤣

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was about the Three Men remake. Oh, and no, never seen KR2000, which is surprising, because I have seen the Point Break remake…

Suspect you’re right about Tron, too!

Cougar

Not seen Knight Rider 2010 then?

zilog6128

No!! 😭 weird as I have seen Team Knight Rider (also shit) which came later

Looking at Wiki there’s also a 2008 movie/series reboot that totally passed me by!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

We just watched the remake of Whisky Galore (with Gregor Fisher). As good as, possibly even better than, the original.

It was God awful

funkmasterp

FFS

Will Smith, Kevin Hart to Star in ‘Planes, Trains & Automobiles’ Remake

FFS indeed! Just why? The original is a brilliant comedy if you stop it ten minutes from the end. Watch it all and it’s unbelievably sad.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Not all remakes look too bad…

dyna-ti

Should have tried harder in history.

There were black people in Britain around the time of the Romans

Aye, maybe around the ports but in Sherwood forest 😕 I think not.

But I wonder if they are remaking these films to remove non PC elements from it 😕

martinhutch

I know it’s a sequel, not a remake, but is there really a single person in the entire world who wants to see another Rambo movie?

I watched this a couple of nights ago. Not sure why. Was as bad as you’d expect – I was hoping for something more along the ‘ageing warrior’ stuff, but it was Expendables rather than Creed.

Low class Taken coupled with Home Alone, the last third making the home defence bit of Skyfall look classy and realistic.

nickc

Aye, maybe around the ports but in Sherwood forest 😕 I think not.

There have been remains found in Fairford in Gloucestershire dating about 900-1200AD of that of a black woman in her 40’s (I think) probably a slave. Black folk in medieval England were more common than most folk think.

nickc

I feel for folk trying to make Batman films. You’re never going to meet the expectations of lots of the audience, who only ever want the Batman that exists in the head to made into a film…You’re always going to piss someone off.

At least the baddie appears not to be the Joker this time.

cookeaa

Not all remakes look too bad…

TBH it’s quite hard to tell from that trailer, and yet another Batman reboot? Really?

I mean the Nolan batman movies were only ten minutes ago, and were pretty good. Can’t we just wait a minute?

I kind of want them to let the joker be, the character had lots of potential as played by Heath Ledger (which can’t really be realised now) and the Joaquim Phoenix ‘Joker’ was a good exploration of a possible origin story… But I can’t help thinking the bar has been set a bit too high and a bit too recently and they’re going to balls it up…

colournoise

yet another Batman reboot? Really?

You’re going to love The Flash solo film when that comes out then. Looks like it’s going to feature both Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck, both playing different versions of Bruce Wayne.

Something, something… multiverse…

Drac

yet another Batman reboot? Really?

Yes. They’re very popular and make the company millions which is what they want.

dyna-ti

There have been remains found in Fairford in Gloucestershire dating about 900-1200AD of that of a black woman in her 40’s (I think) probably a slave. Black folk in medieval England were more common than most folk think.

Yes I grant you that there was indeed the possibility of slavery, but more bonded labour as this was the feudal era.99% of bonded slaves would be white. A black slave would be something exotic, and not be as common as you suggest, a rare sight, and then only in the company of a lord or merchant class, although having a black manservent didn’t become fashionable until the 17th century.

A single skeleton of someone who died are the very old age of 40+(old indeed in the poor classes, unless food was good and that again points to the owner being wealthy, and the ‘staff’ reasonably well cared for. I expect where the remains were found would play a part in determining who her servitude was with.

All tha said, with the portrayal being a Muslim, that would play out, in the role of a friend to a crusader, as Africa beyond the north was quite uncharted, and slavery a common practice int he Ottoman Empire. Someone from abroad in that role would likely be of similar portrayal, but the same horror and shock reaction from the public would remain, because black or people from outside the UK or even Europe would be very very uncommon in the 12th or 13th century.

Drac

Dyna-Ti you’re in for a shock when you also find out Robin Hood didn’t exist and Alnwick Castle isn’t in Nottingham.

martinhutch

I don’t know where to start with this one.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.