Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 266 total)
  • STOP REMAKING EVERY FILM EVER MADE YOU FESTERING, MALODOROUS, IGNORANT, FECKLESS
  • molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a big difference between making a film of a book and a series of a book. So that’s allowed IMO.

Drac

Well out of that list none will take any harm of being remade as they were all shite.

drlex
    Free Member

Macaulay Culkin responded to news of the Home Alone reboot by offering what it would look like today:

eddiebaby
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49416629

The Matrix? Really?! We’ve already had two too many.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

“Lana is a true visionary – a singular and original creative filmmaker – and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter”

Or to put it another way “From the people who brought you Jupiter Rising and Cloud Atlas.”

shermer75
    Free Member

I actually quite enjoy the loonacy of the Warchowskis’ recent output. Cloud Atlas is one of my favourite ‘it’s so bad it’s good’ movies!

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not a remake – it’s The Matrix 4.

(Thread is about remakes, not sequels, you see)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry.
    It is still going to be a turd rolled in glitter.

DezB
    Free Member

Turd Rolled In Glitter 3

maccruiskeen

Which is a crappy American remake of the obscure but excellent Le Merde Scintillait by Georges Le Gloupier

eddiebaby
    Free Member

crappy

Chapeau!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Chapeau!

Crapeau?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Chapeau de toilet

sirromj

Jacob’s Ladder.

ratherbeintobago

Jacob’s Ladder.

What? The Tim Robbins one?

@Drac
    re: Dambusters – my mate reckons he’ll make it into a three part epic with lots of lingering shots of the crews being trucked across Scampton to dispersals.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Didn’t Neo die in Matrix 3? I’m sure he did.

Turd of a film anyway.

pondo

re: Dambusters – my mate reckons he’ll make it into a three part epic with lots of lingering shots of the crews being trucked across Scampton to dispersals.

That’d be a shame, doesn’t need to be THAT long. 🙁

Drac

I don’t think that was a serious comment.

ratherbeintobago

It’s Jackson. I wouldn’t be so sure.

hols2
    Free Member

I know it’s a sequel, not a remake, but is there really a single person in the entire world who wants to see another Rambo movie?

nickc

I wasn’t aware of this until recently….

I don’t think you can make a bad movie better by just remaking it….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6xHjVSMwk

Drac

Ace another Rambo switch off entertainment instead of trying to do a clever storyline that is predictable and dull.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Katniss Everdeen has let herself go a bit

hols2
    Free Member

Ace another Rambo switch off entertainment instead of trying to do a clever storyline that is predictable and dull.

I parsed that about 10 times before I think I understood what you intended, but I’m not really sure.

jon1973
    Free Member

I know it’s a sequel, not a remake, but is there really a single person in the entire world who wants to see another Rambo movie?

Yes, I’m looking forward to it.

hols2
    Free Member

Yes, I’m looking forward to it.

null

jon1973
    Free Member

db

Looking at the Rambo trailer I’m hoping to get some home security tips for protecting the garage! I’ll be watching it (but maybe waiting until its on telly).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RAGE

Cougar

Another Rambo film, I could get behind. I mean, it’s been diminishing returns since First Blood so meh, yet another brain out action flick.

But remaking The Princess Bride though? That’s a very very bold notion indeed. That will go one of two ways and I suspect it’ll be the Not Good one. About the only person I can think of that might possibly get away with it is Joss Whedon.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another Rambo film, I could get behind. I mean, it’s been diminishing returns since First Blood so meh, yet another brain out action flick.

True. FB was a very good, post-war drama. The rest were just wham bang boom films. Fun, but not in the same space as First Blood.

retro83
    Free Member

Took my little girl to see the Aladdin remake at the cinema last weekend.

Fair play to Will Smith for having a crack at it but Robin Williams is a hard act to follow and it just lacked the ‘zing’ and fun of the original. I thought a proper comedian with a distinctive voice like Chris Rock, Jim Carrey or Will Ferrell might have done a better job.

A plodding pace too in a few parts and it doesn’t help that the way they’ve animated the animals means they completely lack emotion. Poor casting too for the other characters I thought. My littlun completely lost interest by about 2/3s of the way through.

The only good part was the carpet, and that was no better than what was in the original.

Cougar

Wesley doesn’t appear to be impressed.

funkmasterp

First Blood is a great film and all the others (especially 3) are firmly in so bad it’s good territory. New one looks a bit like Home Alone on a farm without Joe Pesci.

regenesis
    Free Member

Oh Frak Cylons are returning
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/…robot-creator/

The new show will be “an updated, more modern look at the world” based on the 2004 edition, THR says, not the 1978 original. The show will be helmed by Sam Esmail, who is best known as the creator of Mr. Robot. The final season of Mr. Robot will be airing this fall, freeing Esmail up for other projects. He will reportedly also be heading up two other series for the streaming service, including an adaptation of the classic 1927 film Metropolis.
    In a tweet posted after this story was originally written, Esmail clarified that the show is not a straight remake but instead something of a spinoff, “because… why mess with perfection? Instead, we’ll explore a new story within the mythology while staying true to the spirit of Battlestar. So say we all!”

junglistjut
    Free Member

Bring on Rambo, sorta film I can go watch with the old man.

mahalo

i hear they’re making a sequel to the greatest movie of all time, Coming to America! not sure how i feel about this…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Make it about a Mexican trying to cross Trump’s wall but with echoes of Le Carre’s Berlin books.

zilog6128

I would look at the PB remake the same way as ghostbusters… you already have a nigh-on perfect movie, the remake can only ever be worse, what’s the point?! (I mean, money obviously, But artistically… why would anyone respectable take it on?)

i hear they’re making a sequel to the greatest movie of all time, Coming to America! not sure how i feel about this…

he’s not as funny as he used to be, but at least it will have (and be written by) Eddie Murphy (and Arsenio Hall). Plus… Wesley Snipes! Who is actually cooler than ever now IMO!

Drac

Great film shame Murphy stole the idea.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.